“casual quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dry River Co.

Dry River Co.
Ranked #586 of 1,976 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: Dry River Company is a neighborhood pizza place in Tucson's Eastside. We specialize in wood-fired pizza and hand made pasta. We make everything on premise - the dough, sauces, mozzarella and pasta. We have a full bar, weekly wine and beer tastings and specials daily. On Friday and Saturday nights we feature live music after 8:30 pm.Stop by and try some of the finest pizza Tucson has to offer.
Midwest
“casual quality”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My wife and I visited on a Thursday afternoon, about 3pm, for a late lunch. Only one other patron was there, and looked like just one friendly fellow working - tending bar and taking lunch orders. We were greeted as we walked in, invited to step up to the bar and given a run down of the menu. We placed our order - two salads and a pizza and then sat outside in the patio area. The bartender brought out our drinks as soon as we had sat down, and the salads followed pretty quickly afterwords. The salads were plentiful, fresh, and with a fair amount of quality add ins (e.g. not just lettuce). The pizza arrived after about 10 minutes and it was really good - the crust was a nice combination of crispy and chewy. It's a different style of pizza - very thin crust and light on the toppings - more like what you'd expect in a good pizzeria in Italy.

The beer selection was reasonable - maybe 20 bottled/canned selections and 4 beers on tap. 12 - 15 different wines by the glass, also.

Aside from salads and Pizza, there were several sandwich choices on the menu as well.

I'd say this is my favorite Pizza in Tucson at the moment.

It was too early for the dinner menu when we were there. It features, among other things, fresh pasta, so I'm definitely going back to try that when I get a chance.

• Visited March 2012

Fairfield, California
“Excellent unpretentious pizza”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

No frills, but good food at good prices. Very nice selection of beer at the bar. Good to bring the kids. Great if you like thin crust pizza.

Mesa, AZ
“Best Thin Crust Pizza!”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I've been craving thin crust pizza for a while and since I don't eat much pizza I really hoped it would be good. It was excellent. I shared the Shrooms pizza (with crimini mushrooms) with a friend and ate more than I intended. Usually, I skip the crust but ate several slices crust and all. It is the perfect pizza--just the right amount of cheese, tomato sauce, and mushrooms all atop a very thin dough with crispy crust. I will definitely be back.

I also ordered the Caprese salad and appreciated the fresh, homemade mozzarella and the gorgeous Arizona-grown tomatoes. The basil and balsamic vinegar were just right, as well.

Appleton, wi
“Great food, just get rid of the clowns that run it”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

At the behest of some neighbors of ours, we tried a local restaurant that just opened up near our house (snowbirds from WI) only to find ourselves extremely disappointed. The Dry River Company (not a very appetizing name there) was a major disappointment in terms of ambiance and service. First off, there was a rude Asian man in his 40s who rolled his eyes at us when we asked questions about the menu. When I commented on his behavior, he denied he was being rude then said to come back when we'd made up our minds. We would've let except there was a sweet girl who quickly made us feel welcomed. She answered all our questions then took our orders and very kindly took us to our table. To be fair, the food was surprisingly good, as well as the multi-layered cake we had for dessert. Periodically, we did see that rude man getting drunk with a slovenly dressed obese customer and commented to the girl that the owner should have that man fired for drinking on the job. She bit her lip, looked embarrassed and said that he was one of the owners and that the drunk, obese man was his partner! Well! All I can say is that if that's the way business owners conduct themselves, by getting drunk on their own inventory, be rude to customers, and let employees do all the work while they lollygag around their own restaurant, then I say that's one restaurant I won't be going to anymore. The food was wonderful but order to go as seeing the two owners drunk and boisterous in their own establishment is not a pretty sight, especially the fat one with his pants falling down! Extremely UNAPPETIZING!

3 Thank MisterTAppleton
Tucson
“Nothing special”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Went to Dry River Co. to try the pizza. It was good, but not memorable. It was also pretty expensive for lunch. My pizza was $11. I would have ranked it higher on atmosphere, but seeing the owners gut as he ground pepper for another table ruined it. It's worth a shot if you like thin crust pizza.

2 Thank Ergotron

Been to Dry River Co.? Share your experiences!