“Great Food, Don't Let the Strip Mall Location Fool You”
Review of Jax Kitchen - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Excellent food, continental menu, a surprise as it is located in a strip mall. Don't let the location dissuade you from visiting. A great experience. Excellent wine menu. The presentations are definitely European and upscale.

There are newer reviews for Jax Kitchen

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife visited Jax Kitchen for lunch. It's a nice, quaint space with very good service and nice ambiance. We enjoyed our lunch and the food was not as pleasing to our palette as we expected. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our time there. If you're looking for a lite fare, salads, small appetizers, sandwiches, and a nice place to sit and talk, then this is a place to try.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a Friday evening. We came in early with a reservation, but I doubt we needed it. We were seated and served quickly. The wine selection is good and my Manhattan very generous.
Bar prices are rather high, but happy hour helps some on beer and wine. My wife had an interesting house salad and twice baked potato, which she judged good, but nothing special. My fish special was delicious but, again, pretty pricey. Two drinks and dinner, $62 plus tip. For northsiders this place is convenient. For everyone else, I'm not sure it's worth the drive.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I loved the food at Jax. Very relaxed atmosphere. Great menu and friendly staff. We have gone to Tucson for 4 years in a row and had never eaten at Jax till this trip. Someone suggested them. Maybe they need to do more advertising so people know about them. Very pleasantly surprised:)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This restaurant not only had outstanding food at a reasonable price but the staff and service were well above expectations. Ideal for a couples night ou