“Nice cozy place with good food and service.”
Review of Jax Kitchen - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a Friday evening. We came in early with a reservation, but I doubt we needed it. We were seated and served quickly. The wine selection is good and my Manhattan very generous.
Bar prices are rather high, but happy hour helps some on beer and wine. My wife had an interesting house salad and twice baked potato, which she judged good, but nothing special. My fish special was delicious but, again, pretty pricey. Two drinks and dinner, $62 plus tip. For northsiders this place is convenient. For everyone else, I'm not sure it's worth the drive.

There are newer reviews for Jax Kitchen

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I loved the food at Jax. Very relaxed atmosphere. Great menu and friendly staff. We have gone to Tucson for 4 years in a row and had never eaten at Jax till this trip. Someone suggested them. Maybe they need to do more advertising so people know about them. Very pleasantly surprised:)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This restaurant not only had outstanding food at a reasonable price but the staff and service were well above expectations. Ideal for a couples night ou

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding Food & Service do not require a fancy stand alone location. Jax Kitchen instead focuses on creating unique, flavorful & inspiring entrees & appetizers accompanied by excellent and intimate service. I had the duck dish with four components that made for a flavorful and nicely complementary dinner; while my wife had the outstanding fish of the day ensemble.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our second visit to Jax and the first time we were very pleased. This time, not so much. The salad was a lovely mix of greens, figs and nuts but it was overdressed. The crispy salmon was good, but the butternut risotto had some sort of fatty pork in it which made it very heavy. My husband enjoyed his pork chops. A nice, different wine list. The pour size was a little skimpy. The dinner portions were so large, we didn't have room for dessert. Our server did a good job. Decent prices.

1  Thank yellowlabmom