“Have been eating at this wonderful restaurant since it opened!”

Guiseppe's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #65 of 2,047 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Blue Collar Italian Restaurant
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I live very close to Guiseppe's, so it is convenient....and I eat there about once a week. Lunches are great....salads, antipasto fabulous. Prices are insanely good! Wine selections are fun and reasonable. The staff is friendly and attentive. They will make substitutions for you...and have side dish veggies if you ask.... Love this place!!!!

1  Thank Dee M

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Friends took us to Giuseppe for dinner and they had some very good looking menu items. First most of the dinner was very good and the ERA Primativo wine was fantastic for the money! We ordered the stuffed mushrooms for an appitizer and they were cool in the middle. The sever did correct it quicky and they tasted very good but only brought back 2 of the 4 mushrooms the other 2 were already on plates but could not be eaten. I took the servers recommendation and ordered the meatballs. The sauce was very good and it was severed with a seasoned ricotta that was different but very good. The problem was that the meatballs were extremely saltly and I could not eat them. My wife had the pork carbonara it was ok but bland the porkchop was cooked very nicely.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We've had many fine dinners at various restaurants on our visits to Tucson - this is our favorite! The pasta penne, eggplant parm and pork entrees were all excellent; the pasta was done superbly and the sauce was exquisite. We were not disappointed with the wine selection (had a very nice valpolicella) and thorougly enjoyed the home made spumoni. Tucked away toward the back of a plaza, Giuseppe's is a real find for Italian food!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My sister and husband from Upstate NY and myself, now a resident of Tucson for 35 years, visited restaurant with knowledge of owners being related to excellent establishment called Scordato's when I first moved here. Was pleasantly reminded of how wonderful that restaurant was as this is equally as good!! The sauce makes the difference and is wonderfully blended and my entree of eggplant parmesan couldn't have been tastier nor better portioned. The waiter was knowledgeable of wines and made the dinner a complete success. Have found a new Italian restaurant for me to enjoy in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our friends have raved about Giuseppe, so we tried it out (motivated by a Restaurant.com deal) for dinner this past week. It was my wife and I, and our adult son. It was very good, wait-staff were very attentive and atmosphere was quaint with nice art work. It had a homey, comfortable feel to it.

Thought it was a bit pricey however, and not sure I'd go back without some incentive or creative financing! However, portions were large and we ended up taking home about 1/3 of each of our entrees. Got mussels as an appetizer and they were great, we all shared them.

Would only go back (as a couple) on two conditions: 1) with some incentive or 2) buy an appetizer or two and share an entree. If you go as a couple and get a glass of wine; appetizer OR soup/salad; an entree; and dessert/coffee (I know that's a lot) you'd be in the $65-$90 range total... But we tend to be frugal and that may not be a lot for you!

Overall, very good, just be aware it's not inexpensive! Not sure how a family could afford to go there unless a very special occasion.