“Excellent Value For the Price” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
University Inn Tucson
Ranked #55 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Silver City, New Mexico
“Excellent Value For the Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at the University Inn on many occasions over the years. I find it to be clean, comfortable, and a great value. It's within walking distance to the University of Arizona and centrally located to shoppping areas and restaurants and close to downtown and the UofA campus and UofA Medical Center. Mr. Patel and family are extremely nice and I would highly recommend this pleasant motel if you are on a budget.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank realpriscilla
Henry P, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear realpriscilla,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your stay. It is wonderful to see that you have been a loyal customer who keeps coming back due to our service and quality. Thank you for recommending the University Inn Motel and as always, we look forward to seeing you again!

University Inn Mgmt.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed here for three nights while in Tucson for work/catchup with friends. I wanted someplace cheap, safe, clean, and quiet...while still being close to the University area. This fit the bill perfectly. I had to travel to both northwest Tucson and southeast Tucson, and University Inn was a perfect central location. Plus it's close to the University area and all the great things to do around there.

The service was great. I admit, I don't need much-quiet, non-smoking, and clean. Since I used to got to school there, I didn't need directions, so I don't really know how comprehensive their tourist assistance would be, but I imagine they would be very helpful. If you are looking for spa service and a concierge, this isn't your place. But in my experience, the people who run it/work there were really helpful and accommodating, and the room was spotless. Yes, the hotel is a bit older, but the paint was fresh, the sheets crisp, the mattress new, the parking lot well-lit, and not a speck of dust anywhere. Good a/c, too. And as someone allergic to smoke, I am always worried when a hotel has any smoking rooms at all, since often the smoke comes in through the ventilation. But in this case, it's not a problem...the smoking areas are isolated at the ends of the hotel, and seem to be completely separate buildings! NO smoking issues whatsoever!

One quirk I thought was great...don't know if was just my television remote (yes, lots of cable channels and free wifi) or everyone's, but it was blocked from going past a certain volume level. As an older building, the walls are a tad thin, but I rarely heard anything and if all the TV volumes are kept at a certain level, I thought that was a brilliant idea to reduce noise complaints.

Pretty basic continental breakfast...coffee and pastries...but hey, if you want the Marriot, pay for the Marriot. Free coffee is free coffee, and saves you a bit of time and money in the morning. I would recommend University Inn, and will definitely be staying there again on any further trips to Tucson. Just promise not to raise your prices if you get too many good reviews!

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Kat_Marie2012
Dear Kat_Marie2012,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to post a review of our motel on Tripadvisor. Thank you for all your kind words about our motel and service. We strive on providing the highest quality at a budget. Again thank you for all your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again!

Culiacán, Sinaloa, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

The University Inn is very comfortable, free WiFi, continental breakfast, is so quiet, relax and clean. It has a friendly staff, is near downtown, also has a nice pool. Everytime a go to Tucson, my family and i stayed at the University Inn. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: downstairs rooms are better when you go shopping
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Cristal R
Henry P, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Cristal R,

I want to take the time to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for all your kind comments about our service and quality. We hope to see you and your family soon when you visit Tucson again!

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed in Tucson near the University for several years. Staying at the elegant Marriott didn't get me much more besides a fancy atrium, and I had to pay extra for WiFi. For less than a quarter of the price, at the University Inn I was very comfortable, received free high speed WiFi, continental breakfast, a quiet room with microwave, iron board, and fridge. From there, you are still within walking distance from the University. This is one deal you can not miss. Enjoy your stay, I know you will.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank steven m
Henry P, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Steven M.,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience staying with us. We do our best to provide clean rooms at a reasonable price with all the amenities you could possibly need, like the free Wi-Fi internet. It is always a pleasure to read kind words about our hospitality. We look forward to serving you again!

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed at the University Inn in Tucson for four nights last month. I found the hotel clean, well maintained and with a friendly staff. The hotel is located near downtown Tucson and the University area so it was ver convenient to most local attractions. The room was clean and well maintained. I appreciated the fridge in the room along with many cable channels. The hotel offered fresh coffee, tea, donuts and cereals free for breakfast. A full service restaurant is located across the street. The price was great and overall I thought it was an excellent value. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: I chose a ground level room which was very convenient to load/unload my baggage. There is plenty of...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Marco T
Henry p, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear Marco T.,

I would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the kind words about our hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

While the room was adequate, I was surprised to have a call on my hotel phone in the morning 'asking if I wanted company Barbie' (highly summarized version of the conversation). Only the front desk knew my name and room number so either they called or gave my number to somebody, both of which are unacceptable. So, unless you are interested in company, you should probably avoid this motel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BarbaraDekeyser
Henry p, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Hi Barbara Dekeyser,

We sincerely appologize for any inconveniences that occured when you stayed at our motel.

We had an issue with an ex-employee who would make these taunting calls in the middle of the night, using our automated system with an operator, pressing random room numbers to harass room guests. We have contacted the authorities and the issue was resolved quite as soon as we discovered it.

I see that you had no problem with our room and service. I wish to welcome you again to serve you with our quality rooms, this time without the prank calls. =)