“Second amazing, realizing stay will not be my last!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tucson
The Inns at El Rancho Merlita
Ranked #9 of 48 Tucson B&B and Inns
York, Pennsylvania
“Second amazing, realizing stay will not be my last!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had visited the Inns last February and fell in love with this place. So, when I was looking for a relaxing long weekend this spring, I decided to return. What a great decision! The second trip was just as lovely as the first, and I'm already thinking about my next trip. That is saying A LOT from someone who tends to prefer trying new places.

Pattie is welcoming, helpful, and friendly. She helped make the stay special with delicious breakfasts and her attention to detail. She even left me a travel-friendly breakfast for my departure day since I was leaving before breakfast.

The grounds are beautiful. Views of the mountains from the front of the house, a desert garden in the back. I enjoyed strolling through the grounds with my coffee in the morning and to wind down in moonlight before turning in. I sat by the pool with a book a few times during my visit. The pool water was still a bit chilly, but I ventured in during one of the warmest days.

Location is great for exploring the east side of Tucson. Very handy for Sabino Canyon, which was fabulous! About 30 minutes from the airport, 20 minutes from downtown. I find it really easy to drive around Tucson.

Looking forward to my next visit to the Inns!

Room Tip: I chose to stay in the Valle Verde room again. It is perfect for the solo traveler with a super comf...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I came down to Tucson for spring break. My daughter spent time with her grandparents while my husband and I took some time to ourselves. I found El Rancho Merlita on bedandbreakfast.com and we were so delighted. This place is heaven. Beautiful and wonderfully historic. Pattie, the innkeeper, was awesome. She made us feel so comfortable and gave great restaurant recommendations. It truly is a perfect romantic get away and we plan on coming out during my daughter's spring break every year and we will be staying at The Inns at Rancho Merlita every time.

Olympia, WA
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I decided to visit Tucson for a warm and relaxing vacation. We spent the week in sheer bliss. I came upon the The Inns at El Rancho Merlita via Trip Advisor. We were in shock and awe the minute we drove up and saw the beautiful gates open. The grounds were stunning. Pattie greeted us with such warmth and genuine love of her job. The architecture and design were out of a magazine yet the old style and hominess made us feel welcome. The beds were so comfortable and the area was peaceful and quiet. It was like a home within a home. Each morning a beautiful breakfast was served allowing us to meet new friends. The afternoons were spent in the outdoor salt water pool. Pattie also makes a wonderful tour guide. She didn't steer us wrong whether it was to a place to eat or a day of fun. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in Black Mountain at the end of the house. We loved the quietness of the room and the sep...
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Fell in love with El Rancho Merlita even more on this visit. The grounds are stunning, the interior décor beautiful and it is such a relaxing sanctuary. We hardly even left the property during our weekend get-away. Patty made fabulous breakfasts and was a pleasure to talk with each morning. I loved learning about the history of the Ranch House from Patty and am so thrilled that its been restored and opened as a B&B for us all to enjoy. We live in Phoenix, but occasionally just enjoy a nearby weekend away and I think the Inns at El Rancho Merlita are perfect for this. A great place to unwind, enjoy the pool and spa and beautiful grounds, and disconnect from reality for a few days. We'll be back soon!

Hamburg
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We recently stayed three nights at this outstanding B&B and we really loved it.
Clean and beautiful decorated rooms, stunning mountain views, quiet and relaxing surroundings, the welcoming host Pattie and the delicous breakfast made this stay one of our best on our US Southwest trip.
We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in room A, Cielito Lindo at the Arroyo house and loved the privacy as its a few steps away...
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Visiting this charming paradise is fast becoming a tradition of ours. We recently returned to El Rancho Merlita and stayed, this time, in the Meryl Norman Suite. This visit was just as wonderful and relaxing as our first visit. The spa sauna/shower was so wonderfully relaxing and soothing that we did not even get a chance to use the deep, jetted tub. This room was perfect for our party of three (two sisters and a brother) because of the smaller alcove room with a twin bed set aside from the queen sized bed in the main room. It was a perfect sized suite. Because every day during our stay in mid-March was warm and sunny we were able to hang out by the pool all day, every day. We swam in the pretty pool and soaked in the jacuzzi. Every detail was attended to, including fire rings ready to light for night time fireside chats, cookies and lemonade at 3:00 in the afternoon, tea available to be made fresh at all hours, tons of reading material including the classics, recent novels and regional informational magazines and historical books about the area. Our host, Patty is very friendly, helpful and proactive in her ability to know precisely what you may need in order to have a perfect stay at El Rancho Merlita. Is it possible that every detail of our most recent visit was perfect? I think so! And for that reason and many more we will be back next March.....thank you Patty and El Rancho Merlita!

Room Tip: Meryl Norman suite was fantastic! The spa bathroom and separate patio areas were charming. However...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This beautifully restored and updated B&B was clean, comfortable and in a great location! The grounds were pristine with great views of the mountains.
It was our first visit to Tucson and we did not have a specific agenda--just to get away and be outdoors. Pattie, the Managing Innkeeper, was a wealth of information. Not only did she have excellent suggestions for things to do, but also maps and the most scenic ways to get there! In addition,she had excellent suggestions for restaurants that were all great! Breakfast was delicious and bountiful each morning.
We will definitely return to Tucson and the Inns at El Rancho Merlita .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple