“I really wanted to like it. But....”
Review of Amber Restaurant - CLOSED

Amber Restaurant
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Have been looking forward to checking this place out for a while. Should have continued to wait...
Restaurant was half empty. Still service was slow and poor.
Greeted quickly and seated right away but that where the service ended.
They have some great (limited) beers and a pretty poor selection of (so-so, at best) wines.
Food was mediocre, at best. Tried the Polish sampler, hoping for the best. Pierogi were cold. Boiled, not broiled or fried. Sausage was ok. Stuffed cabbage was not good.
Don't think I'm going back.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Never having been to a Polish Restaurant though similar to Hungarian- not much to compare to. The pirogue was excellent- the veggie. Hunter stew was okay- a bit too salty for my tastes. The carrot beet salad was excellent. The porter beer was very good.

1  Thank Joseph B
Reviewed December 19, 2012

What attracted me to this restaurant are the potato pancakes. I ordered them and was not disappointed. I thought my mother had come back to earth and was toiling in the Amber kitchen! I ordered them as an appetizer. Even with my wife's eager help we could did not finish the whole plate of five, mindful of the regular meal to come.

For that, we both ordered the goulash. After the second bite at the latest, I knew my mother was not toiling in the Amber kitchen.

I certainly would not mind giving this place another try. Which in any case would include the pancakes.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Amber is a Polish restaurant, although they have many other entrees. The menu was quite impressive. The food and service was excellent. I tried the Beef Rouladen. They were different from the way I learned to make them in Germany, but delicious! The two came with real mashed potatoes and a red cabbage side salad. There is also a nice range of prices.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

A Polish/German restaurant in Tucson..the menu...pirogues and sausage, golabkis (I always thought they were golumpkis)...anyways...the restaurant is neat and airy and well run...there is some original artwork on the wall...and some of it is in the brightly colored yellows and oranges and blues the Southwest is noted for....Wine list is not extensive but certainly sufficient....the bread, served before the meal is fresh baked and crusty good...the entrees are well presented in a mix of flavors and aromas that remind one the childhood comfort of good home cooked meals on cold days in the late fall and early winter...So the food gets a 5, the wine a 3.5. the service was adequate but not great the atmosphere was definitely a 4.5...I will go to this restaurant againa

2  Thank Rbrtgldstn