“Reasonably good barbecue”

BrushFire BBQ
Ranked #299 of 2,031 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went here for the first time on a Wednesday night. We visited the Campbell & Glenn Avenue location, which is much smaller than the 22nd Street location. The restaurant is very casual. You order at the counter and they bring your meal to you. My husband and I both ordered a meal, which comes with two sides. We had the brisket and baby back ribs. The sides we had were baked beans, deviled egg potato salad, french fries and corn on the cob. You can get the sauce on the meat or on the side. The brisket was very good. The ribs were good, but not fall-off-the-bone tender like the ones I make at home. We had the Smokey Chipotle sauce and the Sweet and Bold sauce. Both were good. I wasn't really wowed by any of the sides. The fries and beans were the best. The corn on the cob was tasty, but it was frozen corn, which tends to be a little mushy. The potato salad was unremarkable. Each order comes with garlic toast, which I didn't bother to eat. Why waste calories and stomach real estate on ho-hum garlic toast? It would be nice if they would bring an extra basket or even a cheap paper plate to put bones and corn cobs in. Our tab ended up being $35 with a tip, which is pricey for a casual, essentially takeout place. But that said, the barbecue was above-average and I would visit again to try some other entrees.

1  Thank PhoenixRobin

Reviewed February 25, 2013

After living in Texas one gets a little picky about their BBQ. BrushFire does not disappoint! It is an order-at-the-counter joint with very friendly and helpful staff. For your first time (or anytime) they are very patient and helpful with your questions as you order. They even gave us samples of their sauces, coleslaw, and potato salad to help us decide what sides to order. Amongst our 4 person group, we had ribs, pulled pork and smoked turkey. Sides were both kinds of slaw and both kinds of potato salad. We had both mild and hot sauce. Everybody loved their food and there was plenty to fill the tummy! Service at the table was great. We had 2 different staff people checking on us to make sure we had everything we needed. We will return!!!

1  Thank LunchWithRuby
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We enjoyed brushfire BBQ and the value was great for the price! The sides were delicious but the meat was way too saucy.. I actually would have preferred brisket with no sauce. Staff were helpful and venue is more take away than restaurant.

1  Thank Charlotte L
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would consider BrushFire BBQ an upscale "fast food" BBQ place. Ordering and seating is similar to a fast food place but they have a full bar. Price was middle of the road....lunch for two with drinks was about $21.00. BBQ was good. Portions are large so if you are not a big eater, you can split a meal. Friendly service. Not really a romantic place and they do have a meeting room.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ribs to die for, the grilled corn on the cob is a must have, mac n cheese reminded me of the great stuff I used to get during high school and college in Alabama! This is my "go to" bbq spot while I'm in Tucson!

Been to BrushFire BBQ? Share your experiences!