“Absolutely Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides

Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucson, Arizona's premier hot air balloon ride company since 1985. First class rides over the beautiful Tucson Mts. Includes delicious champagne brunch and digital pics of entire flight. Personalized for 2-5 people. FAA certified. Perfect Safety Record!! Featured on Animal Planet's Jeff Corwin AZ Experience,on Fodors AZ Travel Guide and Frommer's Guidebook.
Minnetonka, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Mike, Becky, and the crew made this an experience I will cherish forever! There are barely words to describe the feeling of how much I enjoyed this balloon ride. This was the first time for me, so I was very excited, and just a bit nervous. Becky explained everything while the crew inflated the balloon. From the minute we took off I felt nothing but pure joy! The view of the sunrise, the desert, the mountains, the animals; it was all spectacular! It is obvious that this is not a "job" for Mike and Becky, this is a passion. Their attention to detail, and their desire to make this experience special for us was obvious. From start to finish this balloon ride exceeded my expectations. It combined the serenity, quiet, and calm of floating with the wind; a unique view of the beauty of nature, and truly capable and warm hearted hosts!

1 Thank Valerie L
fleurdetucson, Owner at Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Valerie, we are SO glad you had the experience we always strive to provide for our customers! Thank you for your wonderful review! We do love our job, and that is because we get to share what we do with people like you! Come see us again when you are in Tucson..... :)

Saegertown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Valentine's Day, 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

From booking to landing, Mike, Becky and their crew made our first hot air ballon ride an over-the-top experience. We met just before sunrise and were driven to the launch site. We were able to help with the balloon launch preparation (but only if you WANTED to), received basic instructions on how to enter the balloon, and up, up and away we went. Mike timed the launch so that we were in the air exactly at sunrise, in order to see the sun crown the mountains in the east; absolutely breathtaking! We floated over the Saguaro National Park, a dude ranch, gypsum quarry, and freshly plowed cotton fields. On our trip we saw havalena, many deer, birds of prey and a coyote. Mike offered commentary on all that we were seeing, and allowed us to "fly" the balloon (again, only if you wanted). Due to the varying winds, Mike had to deviate from the original place he thought we would land, but safely selected a different point to set down. I was expecting the landing to be a bit rough, but Mike literally set the balloon down like a tissue had fallen- hardly felt at all! Once back on the ground, we were again able to assist with packing up the balloon. Meanwhile, Becky went ahead of us and had a lovely brunch set up at a nearby park, complete with scrumptious homemade muffins, fruit, bagels, cheeses, summer sausage, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries and mimosas!!! I forgot to add that there was another couple along with us on the ride, a father and his daughter who were on the ride to celebrate her 17th birthday. Mike paid special attention to let her "fly" the balloon and Becky even had a German Chocolate Cake complete with birthday candle for Cyra!!! Talk about a great way to start Valentine's Day and celebrate a birthday!!! Before we departed, Becky presented our "flight" to us on a camera stick- photos she took while we were in the air. As you can tell, I cannot say enough good about Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon rides!!! If you are in Tucson, please check them out...Well worth your time and money.

1 Thank Bev K
Bev, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your ballooning experience! That was a very fun day with all of you and we appreciate your kind words! Hopefully we will see you in Tucson again in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Ride !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Started just west of I-10, floated over the mountains, over Picture Rocks Road, over the Avra Valley Airport and landed shortly after. I've been on a Balloon ride starting in the East side of Tucson, but this route was WAY better. It's hard to put into words how beautiful the view was going over those mountains at sunrise - absolutely stunning. Out pilot Mike and his wife Becky are the best. She was in a chase vehicle and went out of her way, literally, to take a bunch of pictures of us up in the air. Mimosa's and brunch afterwards, they did an amazing job to make the entire morning complete, all the details were perfect!

1 Thank Jason S
fleurdetucson, Owner at Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Jason, thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your ballooning experience! Your family was a lot of fun and that makes our job very easy and rewarding! If you get a chance, please post some of those wonderful pictures you took on our Facebook page! Thanks again.....
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Engagement Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Becky and Mike are great, and this is one of the best experiences of my life, by far! I always do a copious amount of research before traveling and settling on vacation plans, and these are the people to do your balloon ride with. I contacted Becky in September to plan for a ride at the very very end of December. She was friendly and eager to help me make this ride personal and special, especially since I would be proposing! We spoke several times over the next few months before the day of the ride, and the experience did not turn out how I planned. It turned out WAY better!

We met up early and rode with them to the launch site, helped a little, and watched as the balloon was all set up for flight. Then, we hopped in the basket with Mike, and off we went. We could not have launched at a more perfect time: just before the sun peeked over the horizon so we were able to see the before-sunrise glow. Then we drifted across the Tucson Mountains as the sun rose over the desert. On the flight, we saw deer, javelina, coyotes, and jack rabbits. Mike is the man. He took us right near the peak of one of the mountains, then signaled to me that this would be the perfect time to propose, he made sure not to burn any propane (it can be loud), and then I proposed! He took pictures and we celebrated throughout the rest of the ride.

It just so happened that the winds took us right over an airport, which was pretty neat. We landed, packed up, and then proceeded to go to a little park to celebrate. Now, why was this so special compared to other balloon rides? We felt like family with them. I had already established a relationship before the day of the ride just because of the coordination and care Becky took to make this event a special one. Throughout the ride, Becky took amazing photos from the ground, put them on an SD card, and gave the card to us! She also prepared a ton of food for breakfast after the ride (the muffins are to die for). Mike tells a fun story of why Champagne is shared after the ride, and they both hand my fiancée and I mementos to keep from the day.

One part of the experience that I was worried about was the payment. I didn't want my fiancée to see, hear, or be a part of the payment exchange (to me, it just isn't polite since this was a treat for her and part of the proposal). But, of course, Becky made sure this wasn't an issue either! She whispered to me and we went aside, quick exchange of payment, and my fiancée didn't even know it happened.

If you are doing as much research as I did, you have probably read some comments that mentioned low altitudes or a rough landing. Okay, seriously, think about it. You'll be traveling via the mercy of the weather because you don't have an engine... you're literally tied to a giant balloon that only stays up because it's filled with hot air. It's going to be an unreal, awesome, unique, and beautiful experience, so just relax and let Mike worry about the height you should be flying... he's only been doing it for over 30 years, so I'd say he has a little better judgement. As far as the rough landing, yah, it might happen. So what?! It's not like you're in a plane crash! Get over yourself, be a little adventurous.

Thanks for an amazing time, Mike and Becky!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank coopera10713
fleurdetucson, Owner at Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Wow, Adam! Thank you for the wonderful review. We absolutely loved spending the morning with you and sharing in that special day! Congratulations, again! Good luck to you both and look us up when you come back to Tucson.
Iowa City, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enchanting sunrise views from the air”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our family definitely recommends this balloon company. Mike, Becky and their crew were efficient, friendly and professional. We flew from the northwest outskirts of Tucson, over Saguaro National Park, saw some deer, flew over hills and farmland before landing. While flying, we would go up and down in order to get a good view of wildlife and terrain. All balloon companies fly this same route. Our pilot Mike is the instructor who taught the owners of the other balloon companies. Our teen-age son enjoyed giving a hand with the setting up and filling of the balloon and later with the folding and packing of the balloon. Afterward we were treated to a champagne, continental breakfast at a nearby park and enjoyed Becky's scrumptious home-made muffins.

Visited December 2013
We appreciate your kind words and are so glad you enjoyed your ride/experience, as we enjoyed meeting you all. Just to clarify....All the balloon companies do not fly the same route; there are a couple other companies that fly from the east side of the Tucson Mountains, but our flight path is unique and we are the only ones that fly from our location. Also, Mike did not teach all the other balloon company owners. :) :)