“See the Tucson Valley!”

Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides
Ranked #7 of 39 Tours in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucson, Arizona's premier hot air balloon ride company since 1985. First class rides over the beautiful Tucson Mts. Includes delicious champagne brunch and digital pics of entire flight. Personalized for 2-5 people. FAA certified. Perfect Safety Record!! Featured on Animal Planet's Jeff Corwin AZ Experience,on Fodors AZ Travel Guide and Frommer's Guidebook.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We flew with Fleur de Tucson on 3/7/13. We have enjoyed our previous visits to Tucson but we decided to see the city and the desert in a whole new way. Mike and Becky are genuinely kind and engaging. They make you feel welcome and feel at ease immediately. One person in our group has a fear of heights, but wanted to try the flight. Mike and Becky gave encouragement and everything worked out very well. The ride itself was incredible. As the sun rose over the Rincons, we navigated the Tucson Mountains. As we rose and dropped in height, the views of the desert and of the Tucson valley were spectacular. Our son is an on-air meteorologist at one of the local TV stations. Mike and he spoke at length about the air currents and changes in wind. Obviously, Mike is an incredibly knowledgeable, experienced pilot. Becky took excellent pictures of us as we lifted off, during the flight, and after. The pictures are fantastic and we are so glad to have them. We were in the air for over an hour. After the flight we all had breakfast which was great and Mike gave us a little history about ballooning. Becky's homemade muffins were the perfect addition to a wonderful breakfast which we enjoyed once on the ground. This experience could not have been any better. In our party of four, three of us have never flown before. My wife has flown twice in a balloon back home in the Midwest. Mike, understanding this, taught her additional things about ballooning which she appreciated. We would highly recommend seeing Tucson from this perspective, and if you chose to try a hot air balloon flight, schedule it with Mike and Becky.

fleurdetucson, Owner at Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful comments! Your family was SO much fun....it is people like you all that makes us love what we do! :) Hopefully you will look us up the next time you are in Tucson. By the way, we have been watching Aaron do the weather on Channel 9 and he does a fantastic job! You have got to be very proud.....

Reviewed March 17, 2013

As a commercial airplane/seaplane pilot I have found my wife of 25 years to be quite a reluctant passenger in our personal aircraft, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that she had a hot air ballon ride on her personal "bucket list". After speaking with Becky, our family of four booked a flight and scheduled a Tucson vacation. The morning flight from launch sites #1 & 2 was scrubbed due to unfavorable conditions, but launch site #3 was great and the flight was stunning. A second balloon flew with us. The look of wonder on my daughters' faces was priceless...my wife was enthralled. Mike and I discussed the technical aspects of the entire flight experience while "the girls" just took in the wonder of it all. The after flight repast and traditional toast rounded out the adventure. This was a wonderful experience for my family...and I am very happy that we met Mike and Becky. Now...if I can just get him to fly a 1951 Beechcraft D-18S twin-engine seaplane with me on the Arizona Colorado River we will have gone full circle! All I need now from Mike is a logbook entry for the ground instruction and dual time in the balloon! Best wishes. Doc, Kelly, Kristin and Jackie.

fleurdetucson, Owner at Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Doc, thank you for your review. We loved meeting you and your family and spending the morning with you! Mike says, regarding flying with you in a 1951 Beechcraft D-18S twin-engine seaplane on the Colorado River, "Tell him to let me know when and where and I'll be there!! :) Please keep in touch.....
Mike & Becky

Reviewed February 25, 2013

30 years ago I lived in the SF Bay Area and always wanted to take a balloon ride over Napa Valley. Unfortunately life and responsibilities always got in the way. As I was planning our recent vacation to Arizona, I came across the Fleur de Tucson website and reserved a spot for me and my wife. Becky handled the pre-flight planning and provided all the necessary information. She kept us up-to-date by phone and email as the date approached.

We had a wonderful time and felt safe the whole flight. My wife does suffer at times from motion sickness on winding roads, but she said the flight was "a piece of cake". Since you are traveling with the wind, you do not feel any motion.

The views were spectacular, especially the sunrise over the mountains.

Unlike the other poster who was disappointed to have to "share" the balloon with another couple, we found that sharing the balloon with another couple who were celebrating a life event made the trip all the more worthwhile.

If anyone is a little leery about touring the Tucson area in a balloon, cast those concerns aside and give Becky and Mike a call. You won't be disappointed!

fleurdetucson, Owner at Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Don, thank you for your nice review! We so enjoyed meeting you both and sharing the morning with you. We really appreciate your kind words! Hopefully we will see you again in Tucson or when we come your way for a balloon rally!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

A great Christmas gift for the kids, we wanted something special for them to remember our trip to the desert. We chose Tuscon for clearer skies, less pollution and longer than rides in Phoenix. A great ground crew got the trip started on time. Booking was easy and efficient,as was payment cash is always an option but extra surcharge on using a visa was something of a surprise.
Overall a good experience, photos are a bonus an included in the price which was nice, but I agree some looked like stock photos from other trips, but a nice touch none the less.

fleurdetucson, Owner at Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Wilma, thank you very much for your review. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your balloon ride. We appreciate your feedback on the credit card charge and have decided to change our policy. Instead of charging a credit card fee, we will offer a discount for cash payment. Regarding the photos, we take as many pictures as possible before you take off, while you are in the air, and after the flight - usually 25 or more. Occasionally I am able to capture a particularly beautiful picture, which I save and include on the card you are given for you to enjoy, which I usually explain when I give you the card. (The other companies give you only a few pictures total that are emailed to you). Once you get home with the sd card, you are then free to delete the pics you don't want and keep the rest. Thanks again for your feedback. :)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband booked this trip for two, we wanted it to be special since it was our first hot air balloon ride, and that is how Becky and Mike (the host) had said it would be arranged. When we meet our host at Denny's we find out another couple is coming along for the ride, okay fine! We travel to our departure location and when we get in the basket (all five of us) we barely fit. Can't move much, stepping on each others toes, can't really take a good picture without somebody being in the way.... We were up in the air for about 30 minutes before we had to land. At the end of our ride the host gave us a Memory Card with pictures they had taken of us, when I get home I realize that out of the 31 photos, we only came out in 4. The rest were photos of previous rides with other folks. In the end this ride was OVER PRICED for the little satisfaction my husband and I got. Not only that Becky and Mike were a little cocky at times, not very pleasant to be around.

1  Thank Amelia G
fleurdetucson, Owner at Fleur de Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We are very sorry you didn't enjoy your balloon ride. When you booked your ride online, you did not indicate that you wanted a private ride for 2 (which, of course, costs more as shown on the website), so you were confirmed accordingly. Amelia, although you may have felt like you were only up for 30 minutes, you were in the air for over an hour. Our rides are never less than an hour long, and often much longer. As for the pictures, except for the four pictures taken of you before your take off and after the ride, when you were toasting the flight, the rest are taken from the ground while following the balloon as you fly over the mountains, etc., so your face cannot possibly be in every picture. In 30 years of flying, we have never had an unsatisfied guest, so we were very surprised to read this review. It seems as though you had your mind made up from the beginning to not enjoy your ballooning experience. Again, we are very sorry for your dissapointment.