“A magical world of little worlds!”

The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures
Ranked #17 of 311 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the magical world of miniatures at The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures, where visitors are seemingly transported to different lands and times through the stories told by over 300 miniature houses and roomboxes, expertly displayed in over 10,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art exhibit space. The Museum’s permanent collection boasts antique dollhouses dating to 1742, contemporary fine-scale miniatures and enchanting collectibles. Frequent temporary exhibits, special programs and events mean there is always something new to see. The Chicago Tribune has claimed; “The magic of this place cannot be overstated.” For a truly memorable experience, don’t miss this one-of-a-kind collection in a world-class setting.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Wow!! It is really difficult to express what a neat place this is. A blend of history, creativity, and nostalgia, I would be surprised if there wasn't something to pique everyone's interest. As blown away as I was by everything, I was pleasantly surprised to even find a Kewpie display. I got there with only 1.25 hours to go, and was amazed that I found myself rushing to cover all the rooms. I will definitely be back whenever I have visitors. Something different and fun!

All reviews
in 41 reviews
in 29 reviews
in 67 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We loved this! I would not suggest a visit if you have very small children, but well-behaved kids over the age of 6 would be okay. The miniatures are wonderful! So tiny and interesting. There is even a NY Brownstone with little vignettes into the lives of the residents! Anyone who likes history, doll houses or miniatures will love this museum. Nice gift shop with minis you can purchase to take home. Plan to stay a while; you will lose track of time in the little worlds you will visit.

3  Thank Leisa B
Reviewed September 25, 2013

From the whimsical to the historically accurate, the miniatures on display are amazing to view. There were signs alongside several of them that gave interesting information about the history and the creation of miniatures. I left with a new appreciation of an area I'd known little about. Definitely worth an hour or two of your time.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I wasn't really sure what to expect, just that I saw cute little things I could not touch behind glass. Yes, this was true, but once I overcame the childish desire to play with everything, I had a magical afternoon. Fantastic displays await those who love holidays and history, and who have a passion for the tiny worlds beyond our own.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I never went to this place, though I'd heard nothing but great reviews. Then, one day, came a chance to see it free. Why not? So, a couple of our friends and my husband and I went and spent much of the afternoon there.

The building is small on the outside, so I wasn't expecting the enormous collection when I walked in. Each room has its own theme with hundreds of examples covering as much floor and wall space as possible. I had to walk through each room twice to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I probably still haven't seen everything.

The attention to detail, history, and cultures is astounding. Want something from 18th century Germany? Sure! How about a scene from your favorite movie? OK! Aching to see something a local artist created? You betcha!

I left wanting to create my own miniature room. I left in awe and full of inspiration.