“Lovely tiny gem”

The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures
Ranked #16 of 307 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the magical world of miniatures at The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures, where visitors are seemingly transported to different lands and times through the stories told by over 300 miniature houses and roomboxes, expertly displayed in over 10,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art exhibit space. The Museum’s permanent collection boasts antique dollhouses dating to 1742, contemporary fine-scale miniatures and enchanting collectibles. Frequent temporary exhibits, special programs and events mean there is always something new to see. The Chicago Tribune has claimed; “The magic of this place cannot be overstated.” For a truly memorable experience, don’t miss this one-of-a-kind collection in a world-class setting.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Museum of Miniatures is just that - a small space full of small, detailed little things from houses to artwork to tools and transportation. One room is a veritable fairyland. Having been spoiled as a child by the "doll house" at the Art Institute of Chicago, I can only give this spot four stars (frankly, I have NEVER seen miniatures like those). Nevertheless, it is an off the beaten track spot that the tourist might not find without really looking for it and I recommend it highly, especially on a hot summer day.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is not a large facility but miniatures do not take up a lot of space. The workmanship in each piece is outstanding. Allow a couple of hours at least to study the exhibits. All ages will appreciate this.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

You've never seen so many miniatures under one roof. The old houses, furniture and accessories are amazing! At check in, ask for the flashlight, I did not know this was available until we were driving away and I was reading the brochure. A lot of the houses are dark-ish...back lit would be nice. The gift shop wasn't much, I was expecting more.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I wasn't sure how my 3-year old would behave at this museum, but he loved it! It was wonderful place to explore and get out of the heat!

In the front room they have stools and flashlights for you to take around. I wish I had known about the flashlights sooner in our walk about. The stool was key for our little guy. It would have been a waste of time, and my back, without the stool.

He was fascinated by all the small things...as was I. He was particularly interested in the Halloween and Christmas cases. And we all loved the Christmas display that was in the floor! The staff told us about a 'fairy hunt' and that gave my son a 'goal' and focus, which was great.

We were only vacationing but it looks like if you are around longer, they have programs for the kids on a regular basis.

2  Thank Jennifer V
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been here several times. It always changes. I enjoyed it so, I became a member. I always take out of town visitors here. It is very unique.