“Comfortable and spacious” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Comfortable and spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I stayed here for three nights toward the end of June. Front desk personnel was very kind and attentive. The suite we had was very clean, organized and comfortable. We had a living room area with couch, chair, desk and tv plus a separate bedroom with two queen beds. The bathroom was clean and bright and the towels were fluffy too. Both beds were comfortable but a little on the hard side. Several feather pillows are provided as well.
The location to downtown Tucson is very convenient since it's right off the highway and close proximity to the Convention Center.
The inn also offers a full, hot breakfast each morning and it's incredible! There are many choices from cereal, oatmeal, belgian waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagels, etc. And always fresh hot coffee! We will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Harvickfans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was staying at this hotel from out of town on business. I was enjoying a peaceful breakfast with the friendly staff. One of the ladies left the room and the manager was there. I believe his name was Dave. When this employee returned less than a minute later this manager started screaming at her in front of all of us at the contential breakfast. I believe she told him she was using the restroom, and he kept screaming at her and then told her to get out. I believe this is the most unprofessional behavior coming from management staff. I truly believe I will avoid staying at this hotel due to the behavior I unfortunatly witnessed. Poor management is no place for a nice hotel like this.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kent T
210DavidP210, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I apologize for your having witnessed this confrontation. After many years in the hotel business, you would think I would have learned not to recruit family members to help out during busy times. I assure you this was a "family" squabble, not an employer/employee matter. This is no excuse for your having witnessed this unprofessional display by myself. I will strive to make sure this never happens again.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The hotel was great however, I witnessed the manager screaming at an employee like a raving maniac. I was horrifed and felt so bad for her. Not sure what prompted the outrage but it was very unprofessional and left a lasting impression.

1 Thank Suzie P
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best customer service.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

It's not often you find an excellent hotel along an interstate freeway, but I found one in Tucson this week, the Country Inn & Suites. I took my grand-daughter and 2 great-grand-daughters to Tucson for a Mexican Fiesta Day and wanted to make sure we stayed at a safe and clean nearby hotel. I was skeptical about this freeway location, but previous Trip Advisor reviewers had given it good ratings. They were right.

Even though we had rooms on the freeway side, we could not hear a single bit of road noise. The rooms were large, clean and had all the amenities of a much more expensive hotel, including a refrigerator and a microwave. Upon checking in, the kids were thrilled with the cookies at the front desk and were given packages of trail mix and one of popcorn for later popping in the room. The pool was perfect after a hot summer drive in the desert and the exercise room a welcome feature before the hot breakfast the next morning. The A/C noise does not detract from the value of this hotel. Add a most helpful and friendly staff and this place gets my top rating.

Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

After a long day on the road we checked in and specifically requested a room close to the internet router so we could conduct some business via email on our laptop. The room was comfortable & clean, but despite our request the Wi-Fi was slower than dial-up. The webpage couldn't load up to view our email or the news ... and NO there is nothing wrong with our brand new laptop. Completely dysfunctional regardless of the time of day. If hotels are going to advertise Wi-Fi then they need to supply adequate band-width for the number of rooms they rent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuvToTravelx2
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and love it every time I visit. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We have two children and feel welcomed by the staff! If you have a family, this is the perfect location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It appears as if this is a new hotel. It is well kept and welcoming. We enjoyed our visit. The location right off of I-10 is very convenient especially to the Tucson Convention Center. Two lights, turn east, three blocks and you are there. This hotel does have an elevator. The lobby cookies and candy are a nice touch.
Why not 5 stars? The bathroom fan was very loud. Stains on the ottoman. You could not access one of the hotel doors with your room key. When this room key situation was brought to the attention of the front desk, they responded as if to say, yes that is the way it is for that particular door. Lastly, there is no Express check-out. You must return the key(s) upon your departure.
These things will not deter another visit from me but my hopes are that they will eventually improve. Otherwise, a very pleasant and accommodating visit. The free breakfast was also good - what you would normally expect.

Room Tip: We stayed on the West side away from the highway - no sounds at all from the highway. The west side...