Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed May 27, 2013

room 111, king, west facing

As we have come to expect at Country Inns, this was a clean, quiet, friendly hotel.
The location just off the freeway, near downtown, was good for us as our
activities took us both east & west; we also found good dining just a few minutes away
in old town. At check-in, the young lady took the time to give us a choice of rooms & their
separate advantages/disadvantages plus some useful info on restaurants. The cookies, free
bottled water, and good breakfast selections were appreciated. This room had very high ceilings and a ceiling fan which did help keep the room comfortable without having to run the ac at a
excessive low temp--it was getting into the high 90's during our stay.
Just behind (west) of the hotel is a "river" walk/path though the river was dry and it was too hot
by the time I was ready to use it. We also used the in-house washer/dryer--0ne of each at
$1/load.

Room Tip: west side is away from freeway
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Conveniently located near the highway --- I was not bothered by traffic noise at all (and I'm a light sleeper). Very clean. Good breakfast. Reasonable rates. Fresh cookies at the desk! Complimentary water bottles were VERY much appreciated when we headed out for the day. Took us 5-7 minutes to get downtown. Only thing that was a negative but it was not the hotel's fault were the noisy patrons above my room---heavy footfalls and thuds for about 2 hours (what happened to being courteous...)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here April 5 through 6 as an escape with our kids. We are in the process of moving and we simply wanted a calm place to stay with our children. I was especially excited to see staff I was familiar with from my many stays at the other location by the airport. The hotel is nice, and you can tell it is newer. My children enjoyed playing in the pool while we relaxed in the hot tub. The room was quiet and we did not hear anyone else while relaxing. The junior suite was kind of strange, the wall separating the bed and the pull out was definitely not what I expected when I first saw the word suite, but with 2 little kids, it made no big difference. The breakfast was good and filling and the grounds nicely maintained. I will definitely be switching to this location when we are wanting an overnight stay away from home.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I think this hotel's good ratings are largely due to quality issues with other Tucson hotels. While it is a good value for money, it is a pretty standard hotel especially for the area. Nothing stands out as either bad or exceptionally good. That's pretty much the best you can ask for these days.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I just finished a 22 day, 21 night trip from Cocoa Beach to La Jolla and back to our home in Newnan, Ga.. We stayed in Tucson for 4 nights while visiting family and had the pleasure of staying at this property. The overall experience was excellent from the check in to the room, the wonderful breakfast, newspaper daily, bottled water to go, cookies for and evening snack. Out of the 15 hotels we stayed at this was the finest as far as overall experience and that includes staying at some 4 star properties.

Room Tip: I would recommend you ask for a room on the opposite side from the highway as this is near to Inters...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Consistent accommodations, good price, nice room, good breakfast, clean and comfortable. Friendly staff, helpful and knowledgable of the area. A predictably good night's sleep and a good value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I like finding nice hotels and yet spend as little as necessary, so I was pretty irritated to find an extra charge upon check-in for "incidentals." I asked what was included in incidentals and received a non-answer. For this reason alone I'd not go back. It is a nice hotel, but I'll not return and will be wary of Carlson Hotels.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JMD_Sr
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact the hotel directly or contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com if you require additional assistance in this matter. ~Dana

Travelers also viewed these Tucson hotels
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village
Lodge on the Desert
Lodge on the Desert
#18 of 129 in Tucson

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center? Share your experiences!