“Good value for the price.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center
Ranked #13 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
PA
“Good value for the price.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Consistent accommodations, good price, nice room, good breakfast, clean and comfortable. Friendly staff, helpful and knowledgable of the area. A predictably good night's sleep and a good value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I like finding nice hotels and yet spend as little as necessary, so I was pretty irritated to find an extra charge upon check-in for "incidentals." I asked what was included in incidentals and received a non-answer. For this reason alone I'd not go back. It is a nice hotel, but I'll not return and will be wary of Carlson Hotels.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JMD_Sr
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact the hotel directly or contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com if you require additional assistance in this matter. ~Dana
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel over all is pretty nice. Free full breakfast, easy to find, nice big room. But we brought my small dog being that this hotel is "pet friendly". They charged me 25 dollars to have her there which was alright I guess. BUT the back area where the dogs are supposed to go to the bathroom was a mess! There was broken glass everywhere and CACTI and sticker bushes. When I say broken glass everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE. I was so worried that she was going to get a cut on her foot.This may be the nicest hotel in the area that will allow you to have your dog with you but they obviously don't really care all that much about them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Please be assured that we are a pet friendly hotel. We have four grass courtyards on the property for taking pets outside. If you would like to discuss this in further detail, please do not hesitate to call the hotel directly and speak with me. We hope to see you and your pet the next time you are in Tucson!
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you have a family or in town for the weekend, this is a great place to stay. While I was visiting, there was a mineral show in town. The way the manager (David) was working with his staff (April and Jessica) was team work at it's finest. It is refreshing to see a hotel run properly with ease. My family was pleased with the breakfast selection and the comfort of the room. A must stay for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Amberjoy35
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you have kids, this is NOT a pool-laden Disneyland resort. But. I was on business, and everything I needed was there, clean and the staff were very friendly. Parking was hit-and-miss given the merchants in town for a rock and mineral show, but that actually helped in regards to security. Thieves and drug dealers were deterred by the merchants' presence...this hotel would be worthy of more stars but it is alongside a Freeway, which turns some folks, especially those who deem a bicycle speaking by their farm house homes, to be too noisy. I live in a major city, where noise is normal and what can I say? The complimentary-unlimited cookies, breakfast, bottled water and other amenities were plenty for me. The phone system was such that I was even able to use the room's phone message system without having a background in wiretapping ;) Told my wife when I got home, if I ever wanna return to see the Wildcats play, I'd stay there again without any hesitation. Local TV is awful, so, again, if you're expecting a hotel to include state of the art entertainment in-house you need to invest in a Time Share. :)

Room Tip: Elevator but no valet. This is Not a 5-star resort. And, to my knowledge, there's no bar. I don...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cory P
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Good mid-scale hotel, that is pet-friendly. They have complimentary cookies and water which is nice. The hotel is nothing fancy but nice and clean and comfortable, there is free wifi, and complimentary breakfast, definitely a good hotel, and good value.

Room Tip: Book top floor if you don't mind the third level. I could hear the walking around in the room u...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bonnie C
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 9, 2013

One of the best breakfasts included. Herb de Provence Potatoes, fresh melons, great fresh eggs with cheese & herbs....This was a wonderful clean room, best bathroom, helpful desk staff..... what more could we say? We would love to stay here again if in the city again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family