“Stay here so much, it's feels like home”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center
Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Arizona
“Stay here so much, it's feels like home”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family and I have to stay in Tucson each month. The hotel, staff and atmosphere are so nice. The guest rooms are spacious and relaxing. The breakfast is a nice variety. It is very affordable! Perfect for a family stay or business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Country Inn & Suites Tucson was a pleasant surprise during an unpleasant time of our lives. We were in town for the death of a family member, and with family traveling from further away than us, we decided to stay in a hotel and let others stay at the house. Country Inn gave us a good rate and looked clean so we gave it a chance. WONDERFUL SURPRISE!!! The staff was incredible! The hotel was far above others in a similar price range. The lobby and rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The stay also included a breakfast bar, which did not disappoint! I would have given this place a 5 rating if the windows had been thicker. It's very close to the highway and there is a train track on the other side of the highway, and we could hear the train whistle throughout the night. I have to assume that a room on the back side of the property would not have the same problem. I would, and will, recommend this property to anyone heading to Tucson and in need of a good deal.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the property as the windows are thin and you can hear the trains...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill G
Orange, California
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The hotel is very nice and better than the 2.5 stars the site shows. It is a clean hotel inside and as expected. Recently stayed at a Hilton in Tucson and for less money this place is same and includes breakfast. Not aisles of buffet tables but it's a nice little spread sufficient to get you going in the morning and hold you till lunch.

The rooms are fair sized so are the bathrooms.

The BEST part of this hotel is the so very friendly staff! From the moment I called to make the reservations to the time we checked out, everyone was most friendly with a smile on their face. As we were leaving the lady behind the desk(April??) made it a point to give us water bottles for the 100+ degree temperatures.

The only downside I felt was the that the a/c was rather loud. Being summer in AZ you can't quite turn it off and open the windows.

But overall very satisfied with the hotel it was our third time there.

Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This Country Inn & Suites was fantastic.

From the time I checked in, to the time I checked out, everything was great.

The fitness center is small, but adequate. The breakfast had a good selection, a nice couch to sit and read the paper.

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and everything was up to par.

It's right off the freeway, so its conveniently located.

All employees were pleasant and helpful.

I would definitely give this place my vote.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here in April on a business trip for four nights. It was the best option for me. The hotel is clean, pet free (one of the few in the area), and adequate for a business trip. The free breakfast was nothing special and after attempting it once, I chose Starbucks as my breakfast choice the remainder of my stay. I would stay again for business in this area. If you are a sensitive sleeper choose top floor. On the second night a family stayed above me and it sounded as if they left 8 small children unattended all night. There was running, jumping, screaming, and horseplay until I finally called the front desk at 4AM to settle it down. Poor soundproofing..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I found this hotel off Trip Advisor and bought it on priceline. It worked perfect. We stayed one night. It is right off the freeway, near-ish to the university. They put us in a room that was ADA approved - this meant it had a lot of extra room. I really like the really tall ceilings and large windows - made the room feel even bigger. They had the nighttime cookies that a lot of hotels are doing lately - which after traveling for over a week with kids - increases in value; esp in super hot summer Tucson - I wasn't really in the mood to go find a treat or snack for my kids.

The rooms were modern, very clean, and in good repair. The beds were very comfortable. They are "queens" but closer to doubles in size. But were comfortable for my husband and I to share a bed and my two tween boys to share a room.

Because the room was bigger, my boys could play with their legos and not be in the way. I didn't have any of the noise issues that others have reported. I'm a light sleeper and I had a great night sleep.

The breakfast was on the early side - ended by 9:30, but had a great variety - a hot food bar, waffles, french toast, eggs, bacon, potatoes (all of which was tasty). But I really appreciated the healthy part of the breakfast bar that had hard boiled egg, yogurt, fresh fruit.

I also liked that the checkout was at noon. Gave us plenty of time to relax, get ready, etc. before we hit the road. They would have given us a late checkout - but we were ready to go. Great hotel for traveling with kids. Very nice, but not TOO nice if you know what I mean.

Room Tip: Away from the highway side. ADA room was great.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here one night on a road trip. The girl at the front desk was by far the most friendly person I have ever encoutered at a hotel. She greeted us a Club Carleson members and gave us some water bottles and offered us a cookie (much appreciated on the long trip). The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The parking was great. We found a well lit double spot for our uhaul right by the door. The breakfast was pretty standard to other Country Inn breakfasts I've had. Overall a great stay.