“VERY IMPRESSED with Country Inn and Suites Tucson City Center!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center
Ranked #13 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“VERY IMPRESSED with Country Inn and Suites Tucson City Center!”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Enjoyed a terrific 4 night stay at this hotel. Location is conveniently located near the Speedway Exit just off North Freeway (I-10). Staff at front desk was pleasant and accomodating during my entire stay. They were personable and provided superb customer service - Thanks to John, especially! When I asked about local restaurants, I was given the names / addresses of several spots- and I was pleased with all the restaurants they suggested! I have not stayed at a hotel with such warm hospitality in years! The rooms were clean and well appointed with granite in bathroom and nice decor. Not sure how old the hotel is, but it seems relatively new. There was several vending machines with a large selection of snacks and also, a business center. Ice is available on all floors. Washer and dryer also available for guests. Outdoor pool and hot tub was enjoyed by guests daily. Country Inn and Suites City Center has one of the best complimentary breakfasts I've seen at any hotel with fresh fruit mix, warm oatmeal, waffles, breads, pastries, eggs, Mexican style omlets, hashbrowns, yogart, etc...It was really good! Also, treats available for guests in the lobby during the day. I highly recommend this hotel and I would not even consider staying anywhere else when visiting Tucson.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank starbunker2016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Alaska
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed at this property for two nights while doing some hiking and sightseeing in the Tucson area. It is right off the freeway which was convenient for us, we weren't looking for a resort, just a place to sleep. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful with advice on places to eat. We had a room overlooking the freeway, but didn't have much traffic noise. The breakfast buffet was a little different each day which was nice. We were happy with the hotel and would definitely stay again.

2 Thank tawny07
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at The Country Inn & Suites in Tucson for an overnight trip on our way to Las Vegas.
The property is right off the highway (10) which was good for us, we didn't have to drive that far to find it. This might not be ideal for others who might want a scenic or more quite place to stay. But for us, it was just fine.
We checked in, signed up for their special (free) program and got a 20 dollar discount off the regular room rate, which was great.
When we got up to our King size room we noticed some stray hairs on the top of the comforter, when we pulled back the comforter there were a lot of stray hairs, they looked like dog hair. We called the front desk and they immediately came up to our room, to change our rooms. He put us in a King suite just down the hall, and of course didn't charge for the upgrade.
The 2nd room was very nice - very spacious, and clean.

Overall the place was great, and great customer service which we always appreciate.

Room Tip: If you can go for a suite, it is better - and not that much more money.
2 Thank ncreviews
Brentwood, California
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, and on our way back to California we have been just letting the trip take us where and when it will. So I found this hotel on my GPS unit and stopped to see what it would cost. It was very reasonable.
The staff was very helpful and friendly, and we got a free upgrade to a suite, just by joining the Country Inn club (or whatever it is.....it was free).
Room was large and clean. The room was quiet. The breakfast was a full hot breakfast. Although I, personally, prefer a continental breakfast, many of our stays have included the hot eggs, potatoes and sausage this trip. My disappointment with this is in a dislike of institutional scrambled eggs, and the apparent sacrifice of good muffins and pastries for the hot breakfast.
We were also offered a coupon for one of the local attractions that we said that we were planning to visit.
All around, it was a very pleasant experience, and we cannot wait for another opportunity to use this chain.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank butterflybear
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We visited during the monsoon period and the staff was very helpful with helping us to find our hotel during a night of heavy rains. The room was clean but the closet smelled like vomit. The wifi worked great, and the bathroom was a nice size. The beds were not very comfortable but there were lots of extra blankets and pillows in our closet. Breakfast was good and my kids appreciated the free cookies and water along with a reading library in the lobby. I would recommend the suite, it was nice to have the extra space. I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa M
Charleston, WV
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I decided to stay here based on reviews of the hotel. We were not disappointed. The staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful during our entire stay. They suggested scenic routes to places where we were visiting. The rooms were very clean and my wife and I had plenty of space to move around. Even though it is located next to the interstate, we did not hear any traffic. A couple of things worth noting. The outdoor pool is kind of small and getting to the hotel is not very easy. People traveling west on the interstate must make several left turns on access roads. The hotel is located on the south side of the interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the interstate. It may be quieter.
1 Thank Saturndriver
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I rarely have great expectations of the hotels that are "conveniently" located next to highways. They are there for convenience and usually if they are good, they give you a clean quiet room, a friendly face and an average breakfast. For family reasons I had to show up in Tucson on sudden notice and checked into this hotel largely because my sister, tired after a long day at the hospital (it is very convenient to St. Mary's hospital), was there and had negotiated a great rate for a room. Since I was staying longer, they kindly upgraded me. I ended up staying for several weeks and it was a great home base for what could have been a terrible experience. Nice rooms, clean, well air conditioned, and the suites are comfortable. Lots of amenities, I made good use of the exercise room (which they diligently worked on when my favorite elliptical started squeaking), fresh baked cookies, and bottled water--not very ecological but welcomed to those not use to the dry Southwest. The staff was always very friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are good and varied. You can eat hot and you can eat healthy. There are several running and hiking trails very close nearby as well. So for the money I got more than what I bargained for ad have no problem giving my highest recommendation to a hotel that I would have been happy with if it had delivered half of what I received. Note--ask for a room away from the freeway. For the green crowd, you can leave a note to housekeeping not to give you clean towels every day.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway and get a suite if you have kids with you.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family