“Another great breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

You can’t go wrong at a good truck stop, and this is a good truck stop. We have been coming here for many years. The food is always good, the service excellent and the staff is very friendly. Prices are reasonable and they have a good selection of items. They have a new updated menu. After all, the many truckers that stop here can’t be wrong. So if you are local or just passing through, give them a try.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (108)

Reviewed August 31, 2019

I have been gong here for years and was disappointed to see the rapid decline of service and quality. Food is average and overpriced. you can actually finish the I-10 belly buster now. Went on a Saturday recently morning and had plenty of booths to choose from, a year ago I would have been waiting for a table. Locals and truckers are starting to go elsewhere.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

Not a sparkling, chain restaurant. A local "broken in" atmosphere with some vintage fixtures. Waitstaff were pleasant and helpful. Menu has something for everyone, even gluten-free options. Standard American fare, served hot. My friend and I really enjoyed our time there.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 18, 2019

Greetings, The last time my wife and I had stopped in to eat, on our way home to PINAL County; It was ever so apparent that the quality the service, and the food had gone down hill. What a shame for this to have happen; To one of the very last, actual Truck Stops in the south western region of the United States.

Additionally, we did not observe a great deal of supervision during our visit. This could be for many reasons I suspect. What I do know about Omar's Highway Chef Restaurant, is that the overall feeling which my wife and I both felt during our having stopped in for dinner, on our way home; Was head and shoulders Below what the atmosphere used to be like, at this restaurant.

What we had No difficulty noticing though, was Omar himself had been relegated to Cashier duty, and nothing else. With the two people that had and have been brought on board to assist, in not allowing the Triple T Restaurant to go Under; Is Not in my opinion, the best move on the part of owner of the Triple T Restaurant.

The servers are Not happy. Although the servers try their best to put on a smile. There are several people who used to work at the Triple T Restaurant; Whereas there are Very few of the old crew of servers left, as well as the shift manager(s).

Quite frankly, I do not see the Triple T Restaurant continuing to be in business, come the end of 2019. The changes which have been incorporated within the Triple T Restaurant, are not good changes either. What a shame it is too..

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019

Five of us, none of whom had eaten here for years, enjoyed our dinners and great service last night. There are choices on the menu for all appetites (meat lovers, dieters, vegetarians, kids etc.) with very reasonable prices for the ample serving sizes. We enjoyed the extra touchs like real mashed potatoes, horseradish sauce (as well other) with the French dip sandwich, a variety of real fresh fruit and a very good waitress.

Date of visit: July 2019

Been to Omar's Highway Chef? Share your experiences!