“Pretty good hotel overall”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersGold level
Peoria, Arizona
“Pretty good hotel overall”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Pretty good hotel overall but we were disappointed that as Hilton Honors Members our ground flloor room was given away and we were given a 2nd floor room instead. My husband called the day of our check in and was told there was a ground floor room available but because we got tied up with a family dinner we had to arrive later than we had expected and our ground floor room was given away despite guaranteed late arrival with a credit card.

Secondly, we asked for a fridge to be brought to us and were given a bum fridge that didn't work. We plugged it in and thought uit would get cold but it never did and some leftovers we put in there spoiled. ugh. :(

Please, check the fridge to make sure it works before delivering it to the room. Also, please don't give away our room when I had booked it 2 months prior online on Hampton's website.

We were staying 3 nights so had a bit of luggage and it was a pain taking it upstairs.

Other than this the food was good and plenteous and the food host/manager was very nice to talk to. Please give him a raise. The blonde front desk lady was very nice also and directed me to a CVS close by within walking distance. :)

We will stay here again but hope that next time we will get the ground floor room and a fridge that works.
Got a good rate with AAA. Good location. Mimi's restaurant across the street going west and CVS within walking distance for toiletries. Not too far east and not too far west. Just right.

Room Tip: Don't arrive late or your ground floor room will be given away even if booked with a credit card...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear that your ground floor request was not honored and that you were given a bad fridge that did not work. Our staff here tries to accommodate every request and it is unfortunate to hear that your requests were not granted to you. I can assure you that is not the norm for our hotel and we would love to make it up to you when your travels bring you back to Tucson. Thank you also for the kind words regarding our breakfast host and guest service agent. I truly have been blessed with an exceptional staff here. Once again I apologize for the inconveniences incurred during your stay. If there is anything I can do in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact me. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Mickey Meehan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tucson, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The staff was very very good. Good value hotel. Good location. Good breakfest. Large selection of a large varity of food. Staff very helpful an quickly responded to special request. Large parking area with free parking. Good security.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the positive remarks regarding your stay with us. I have been honored to be a part of such an amazing team here at the hotel and to have an exceptional product in the Hampton. Hampton does a fabulous job of being innovative and consistent. Thank you again for your kind remarks. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Clean rooms, friendly staff, fresh baked cookies every time I walked through the lobby! This was a great location. The suite was perfect, plenty of room, and comfortable. Free breakfast every morning was nice too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. Our property is in a great location on the beautiful east side of Tucson located near many restaurants and across the street from the Park Place Mall. I do have to admit the cookies are delectable. We are glad to hear you had a great stay with us here and look forward to your next stay with us. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Tucson
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Checked in early, and my room was ready. They even offered an upgrade for me during a busy holiday week. The room was spacious and very clean. Far enough off the road to be quiet and easy enough to access restaurants and shopping. Desk staff was extremely helpful in addressing a challenge with electronics in the room. Workout facility is clean and well appointed as is the business center in the lobby area. Breakfast was still well stocked even near the end of the serving time. Pretty standard fare, but great seating, so you don't feel like you have to listen to every conversation over your shoulder while eating. The property backs up to a residential area, and I would suggest a room on that side of the building if you can. Definitely a return location.

Room Tip: Rear of the building on an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the gracious remarks regarding your stay with us. We have been blessed with an amazing property and i have been blessed with an amazing staff. I am truly lucky to work along side these individuals on a daily basis in such an extraordinary property. Everyone here has fun while working hard to ensure guest satisfaction. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Tucson, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Couldn't be more pleased with this location - close to everything I need to be close to in Tucson (including family), clean, quiet, spacious rooms, lovely lobby/breakfast area, impeccable staff and great value, to boot!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the pleasing comments regarding your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East Williams Centre. Our property is situated in a perfect location on the gorgeous east side of Tucson. Restaurants galore surround us and fabulous shopping is just across the street at the Park Place Mall. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff here. I have been honored to be a part of such an amazing team and look forward to growing along side them. Our staff here strives ourselves on superior service and each and every individual here goes above and beyond to exceed guest satisfaction. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay with us. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Phoenix, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Use this Hotel several times and always had a wonderful stay. Beds, room always clean. Breakfast ok. Never used the pool since I always on business and by the end of the day just want to take it easy. The staff is great and they have given me great places to go and eat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the positive review and the gracious words regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to here that you have had such wonderful stays with us each time. We have been blessed with a great property in a great location on the beautiful east side of Tucson. Within walking distance to a plethora of fabulous restaurants and across the street from the desirable Park Place Mall. I have also been blessed with an exceptional staff that work hard day in and day out to ensure the property is clean and well maintained at all times. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to you staying with us again and hope to exceed your expectations even more. Hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy our amazing outdoor heated swimming pool. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Goose Creek
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I got a business card so that I could name the manager on duty when I arrived at this Hampton Inn location. Unfortunately, on my long cross country trip, I misplaced it. From arrival until departure, I was always greeted by name. We had a water issue while staying there and the manager took care of it personally. He was also seeing that the breakfast area was in order. In addition, he gave us a map and directions to the places we wanted to go. He also gave us his cell phone# and said to call him if we got lost or needed anything while we were away from the hotel. In all of my years of traveling, I must say this young man was the very best manager I have ever encountered and went above and beyond his call of duty. He was everywhere, taking care of everything. This hotel is located near restaurants and shopping. A very good experience!.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your stay with us. I believe the manager in question is our Front Office Manager Joseph Janczewski. Joe is a tremendous asset to our hotel and company and exceeds expectations on a consistent basis. The first day I hired Joe he was outside helping a guest fix a flat tire. Joe goes above and beyond the call of duty everyday and I am blessed to have him as a part of our team. I will make sure to pass the generous words along to Joe and thank you once again for the remarks. We are glad to here you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next trip to Tucson. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.