“Comfortable but very pricey!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre
Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a fine hotel, good location close to hospital, shopping, dining. However, it is pricey for a slightly-better-than-average Hampton. The room was clean and comfortable, but the ice machine was too far away and the TV was outdated. Plus, there was no refrigerator in the room and there was a modest amount of noise from the sidewalk outside the window during the night. It would have been a decent value at $80, but was WAY overpriced at $150, especially given the fact that I was there for less than 12 hours.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about the issues with the vicinity of the ice machine and our televisions. We have 32' LCD Phillips flat screens in every room and maybe it is time that we look into upgrading our TV's. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This property is convenient for business people and shopping, with a few restaurants within walking distance. The staff greeted the regulars by name, and seemed very friendly to everyone. They even went so far as to give me a stamp when I asked about getting one, and then mailed my postcard for me too!!

Room Tip: rooms on the north side face the mountains...higher floor lets you see past the other buildings
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, I will definitely share them with my staff. I have been blessed with an exceptional staff that strives for perfection and have a tremendous work ethic. We look forward to having you stay with us again and please don't hesitate to contact me with any suggestions or comments to help us make our hotel feel more like home.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The big thing wrong, first. Not HOT water, only luke warm makes bath difficult. Small things wrong: part of the coffee maker missing so no coffee, room very small cramped with large furniture, nice looking and clean but uncomfortable beds. Staff very nice and friendly but....I want comfort.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jasfan

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear that you did not have hot water in your room and your coffee maker was broken during your stay. We assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for almost 9 months now, on and off since september of last year. There are many reasons I choose to live...I mean stay here. The first reason is the staff. They have always treated me as more than just a guest, more like a long time friend. They are always friendly and go beyond the call of duty to make sure I feel like family. The rooms are very new, and as so, they are nice and clean. The fact that they have breakfast everyday is great. the selection is good...theres always something for everyones taste. The gym is great, and while the selection isn't the best, the machines are top notch. The pool is small, but hey it's a pool, and when it's 110 degrees, it sure feels good to take a dip.. Another reason I really like the hotel is that it's general location is so close to many great restaurants, and a a great mall too. I gave the hotel five stars, but there is one thing I have to make a small complaint about. The internet connection speed is embarassing. In a society driven by the internet, and with so many people needing high speed internet, this is the one fact where the hotel disappoints. It is too slow..period. I have spoken with the general manager Mickey Meehan about this, and he asssured me that an upgrade is just around the corner. Since Mickey has never let me down, I believe him, and that is why I went ahead and gave this outstanding hotel, 5 stars. Anytime I have to be in Tucson, I love the fact that I will always have a place to call home at the Hampton Inn and Suites on Wilmot Rd.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain side have the best view
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about the internet issues you were having during you extended stay with us. Our property is currently in the process of upgrading our internet services and will hopefully have that completed soon so you do not have any more issues when you return. Thank you for the kind words spoken about our hotel. I have been blessed with a staff second to none and we continue to strive for excellence and look for ways to better ourselves. Thank you for all the generous statements about our property and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Free coffee, tea and cookie in the labby. Breakfast is nice.
Room is spacous, clean, confortable, and quite.
Bathroom is spacous and clean.
We stayed for 3 nights. Enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I am glad you had enjoyed your stay and we continue to look for ways to even better our property and service. Thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend to visit kids in college. Had 2 younger children with us. Perfect location. Breakfast was fantastic. The waffle maker was a huge hit with the kids, eggs for the husband and oatmeal with toppings and yogurt for me. Coffee available all day. This all makes this hotel a keeper for us. Friendly staff, clean spacious rooms and facilities make it the best choice in town. We decided we will only stay here for all of our Tucson visits.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lovetotravel5

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. I couldn't agree with your kids more, the waffle maker is AMAZING!! Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We hope to see you soon and we are grateful to be your top choice of hotel for your trips back to Tucson, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in late sept 2012 for a 2 weeks period. Hotel is in a very good condition.
Breakfast has a nice assortment of fruits, cereal, pastry, waffle, eggs with bacon.
The room was confortable, good size, very clean.
On the neg side, insonorisation is very bad, you can listen to conversations next room. The pool is directly located in the parking lot, cars circulating a few feet from the perimeter of the pool.
Try not to have first level south side, it is on the pool side, people walking on sidewalks looking directly in your room, you have to keep the curtains closed almost at all time.
Business center can be a pain in the butt sometimes, printer was problematic half of the time, speed on communication so long that screen saver apply before completion of page download...
Very Friendly Staff.
Definetely a good value, I recommend for business travelers, short vacation stays and people with access situation.

Room Tip: Absolutely ask for a 3rd level north side!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank goldeeagle

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about the noisy neighbors and the issues with the business center. Thank you for the suggestions regarding our pool and its location. We are exhausting all avenues and making strong efforts to better our property and service. Suggestions and tips that come from our guests such as yourself help us to be superior and to become a better hotel. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.