“Don't expect pleasant attitude nor a Hampton Inn & Suites attitude.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre
Ranked #22 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersGold level
Santa Rosa, California
“Don't expect pleasant attitude nor a Hampton Inn & Suites attitude.”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Whenever we travel we tend to stay at Hampton Inn & Suites. This time was no exception. All in all the property was standard HI&S.

Staying off season we got offer for "Buy 2 Nights, get 3rd Free". This was indeed offered, but not billed correctly -- forcing an adjustment upon checkout.

Hard water is also a major problem in Tucson. Like others said: Toilets have water rings around them. This can easily be fixed with a pumice stone, and indeed many people in the area know this trick. It is used in cleaning stains from swimming pools as well. Hampton Inn & Suites staff evidently don't know this and need to adopt this practice..rather than promising to replace the toilets time after time.

Sheets were horribly thin and very very wrinkled. I don't remember other HI&S having this issue. I don't ask for *ironed* sheets but I do request something more than 100 thread count on a "Cloud Nine Bed". Of course the bed (mattress) was great, as was the comforter...but I challenge anyone to be happy with the sheets this property is using. Front Desk Manager said these are the sheets every Hampton and Hilton property gets, but if so, they must have done something to them -- as in washed them too many times or did not replace them soon enough. They were extremely thin.

The last gripe I have is the television. It is a 32" LCD (maybe a 40")...and comes with a Dish Network converter box...however, all other inputs are disabled. There are around 10 ports on the back of this set, and I continually use this feature to connect either my iPhone or iPad (in order to watch TV/Movies when traveling)...however when I asked to be able to use this, the same Morning Front Desk Manager stated they have no in-house engineering and there is absolutely no way to activate those ports. This is, of course, false. MANY many other HI&S' have these HDMI and Component ports enabled. Indeed many hotels advertise the capability! I was actually told that If it was a big issue, i could either plug in my iphone in the meeting room -- as that was available -- or they would allow me to check out.

I don't think I will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Swimming pool is on the "Odd Numbered" room side, near the higher numbers. (x20-x40). Avo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JannAndMike
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East/ Williams Centre, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us in Tucson. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry that you were not pleased with the sheets and TV connect ability in your room. We know how important a good night’s rest and the comforts of home can be while traveling and we will work on improving these items for future guests. We appreciate your suggestion about the pumice stone for hard water and will take it into consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future and let us know how we are doing.

Mickey Meehan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tucson
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were in the process of moving to Tucson and had to stay four nights as we waited for the moving company to deliver our household goods. The staff at the hotel was excellent-so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was well stocked during our entire stay. The free internet access in our room and the business center for printing were great. This is a great location as there is Park Place Mall and many restaurants and stores near the hotel. The maid kept the room spotless!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. It is always nice to hear when guests have such a pleasant experience at our property. Thank you for the kind words and we truly have been priveledged to have such a great location and I have been extremely fortunate to have an excellent staff that goes above and beyond to ensure guest satisfaction. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I used my points to stay one night to visit family. The room was huge and very nice. The vanity is outside the bathroom and the "kitchen" area has a mini ref & micro with a large sink.Lots of storage space. A sofa bed and living room table were also provided. The TV had lots of channels and the wifi was good. The pool was clean and towels were provided. Free breakfast was included. The fitness center is open until 10PM, but when I asked about the morning opening time, I was told "5, 6, 7 ??? depends" how noisey it gets. This same clerk also greeted my family "What's Up?" when they came to visit me. I would think something like "How may I help you?" would be more appropriate. Anyway, the fitness center has 2 treadmills with built in TVs (1 treadmill was out of order and the other TV channels did not change), 1 bike, 1 elliptical, free weights & bench, water cooler, earphones and exercise balls. Menus are in the room for delivery service.

Room Tip: The fitness center is next to Room 137 Rooms ending in 39 & 40 are at the end of the hall
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DeeDee134
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear that about the unprofessionalism portrayed by my staff. I can assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel and the staff here prides ourselves on superior service and professionalism. To hear that a staff member was unprofessional is unacceptable to me and I thank you for your comments and hope we get the chance to make it up to you on your return visit to Tucson.

Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2012

When I stay at Hampton's, I always get a clean room, good breakfast and a good night sleep,, but what separates Hampton's is the staff, and this hotel has a great staff. Everyone was friendly, offered assistance with directions and places to eat. We met the general manager who we often saw at the front desk helping guest. If our travels ever take us to Tucson again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I truly have been very grateful for an excellent staff and hotel. Our staff here prides ourselves on our commitment to service and each one of my staff members will do whatever it takes to ensure guest satisfaction. It is great to hear that you had a wonderful experience here and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Got 3 nights off Hotwire for a summer stay. Had stayed twice (never again at the AWFUL La Quinta about 1/2 block from here, we were hoping this would be better. Fast checkin with Elena who was very friendly, helpful and efficient. And warm cookies about 4pm daily, yum. Rooms are CLEAN, important to us. Wish they had a bathtub vs. shower, but that's personal preference. Very comfortable bed, and breakfast was terrific with lots of choices that weren't all sweet. Changed daily, nice touch. Fitness room adequate, wifi OK, but sloooooow. But hey, the 'resorts' charge for wifi and pool towels, so we give this a thumbs up and would try to return if rate is right.

Room Tip: Faces north/south, and traffic noise isn't an issue. Elevators are in central tower and didn...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the kind comments regarding your stay with us. Our Wifi is in the process of being upgraded. The hotel has had a number of complaints about this issue and we are in the process of resolving the issue. We do have rooms with a bathtub instead of the shower and I apologize you were not put into one. Upon returning to our hotel our staff will be able to accomodate most requests, including your preference for a tub instead of the shower. We hope when you return to Tucson you stay with us again and we look forward to having you here.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

my notes May 2012: King studio sofabed, large rm, refer, micro, wet bar, work table,
office chair, cookies @ 4:30, check-in staff Joe & other guy were excellent,
breakfast waffle & Kelloggs granola cereal were good, oatmeal was a glob
hard water stain/ring in toilet - I told front desk woman at check-out it needed
attention, she had just had some type of disagreement with another staffer and
was defensive with me saying they had tried 'everything' to clean that, but they
were going to replace the toilets, rather snippy and uncalled for.
Expensive ($151).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about the ring in your toilet bowl and my staffs rudeness towards you. I can assure that this is not the norm for the hotel and is unacceptable. I hope we can have the chance to make it up to you. If there is anything I can do to insure your next stay feels more like home please don't hesitate to contact me.

Mims, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very nice holel! Front desk staff was always helpful and friendly. Breakfast staff maintained a clean and well stocked breakfast that changed every day for the 3 days we were there. It was nice to see something different every day. Beds were awesome! Very comfortable and clean. Hotel is off the interstate but well worth it! Mall across the street and lots of choices for restaurants in the area. We loved the location because it was away from all the typical tourist areas. Only suggestion I have is that housekeeping not put so much deodorizer in the room. It was very stong when we first arrived and took a couple of days to dissipate. Great place to stay!!

1 Thank Patricia S
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear that the deodorizers in your room were too strong, thank you for the suggestion and we will make sure to not make the deodorizers overbearing in the rooms. Thank you for all the kind compliments regarding your stay with us. We have been grateful to have a wonderful property and I have been blessed to have a tremendous staff. We look forward to your next stay with us here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East.