“Hands on”

Children's Museum Tucson
Ranked #27 of 300 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: The Children's Museum Tucson provides a fun, play-based, hands-on learning experience for children and their families. Exhibits include Techtopia, Bodyology, Investigation Station, Build It!, Electri-City and Pet Vet, plus a huge art studio and a special are just for kids 4 and younger. The Museum is open 9 am-5 pm Tuesday-Friday and 10 am-5 pm Saturdays and Sundays. The Museum is open 7 days a week from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Fort Stockton, Texas
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Hands on”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Plenty of hands on exhibits forbid and small kids from 2 to 92. Also, craft times with staff are still offered throughout the day

Visited April 2012

• Arabic first
Tucson, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun place for kids.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We love this place. I take my grandchildren and just let them go at it. It's a safe environment. You have to have a child to be allowed in and I think that is so great. The children are entertain for at least 2 hrs and normally I have to drag them out crying.

tucson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Cool Spot”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

A great place to spend a hot summer day! Our 4yo and 17mo old love all it here, and we can come as often as once a week without them getting bored. We meet here with friends/play groups and our kids play while we can actually talk to each other ;) The staff are very engaging and the place is always clean. What more could you want?

They have recently put in some new exhibits in their science room: floating balls (using air pressure), tubes that shoot balls and scarfs through them and across the room, sound wave machine, etc.

We love the Wee play room for 4 and unders, where everything is soft and large building block allow for building-- and knocking them down! Things to climb on and play in: firetruck, police motorcycle, ambulance.... a building room with legos, kiva bocks, and a fun magnetic wall for build your own ping pong ball ramps. Music room, light room (write on the walls with a light stick!)... and even a bug floor that allows you to chase bugs and scorpions projected on the floor with your shadow!

1 Thank Julie K
Tucson, Arizona
“Lots of new and fun exhibits”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I've been a member of the children's museum for just over a year. I have two children ages 2 and 4. We go once or twice a month on average. In the past year they have improved the museum so much! The kids loved it to start with and still love it, even though we go so frequently. These are the activities they love to visit EVERY time we go:
- Squash the bugs (teaches about different bugs and increases their agility skills)
- The fruit off the tree (teaches the different fruits)
- Grocery shopping and check out (they have learned vegetables and have fun here - they never get tired of this room)
- Drive the fire truck and police motorcycle and now the ambulance (the ambulance is new).
- The music room where they make all kinds of music and beats and sounds (they've made a ton of improvements to this room and it is so fun and educational)
- The art center where they can write on the chalk board, or on a easel or simply color/cut/decorate some paper on a table.
- The submarine. I don't really see the appeal of this one but my kids love it. There's a phone and all these fun controls and monitors.

There are a bunch of other fun things they really enjoy like the train room, the veterinary clinic, the blocks, the big huge body parts (like the brushing the teeth, looking in the nose and ear, and changing the contacts in the big eye). They really love the new room (Investigation station). I had to look up the name of the new room because it's hard to explain the fun things in this room. The pipe where you put a ball or cloth in and it sucks it through winding pipe and then it flies out is hugely popular with kids of all ages (not just my young ones). We visited today and probably spent about half our time in this room alone. I loved this room too! I was fascinated with why the sand in the frequency tube moved and changed as the frequency changed. It was so cool.

We have so much fun here and the seasons pass is definitely worth it for us. It's such a fun, educational, cool (as in air conditioned!) place to go on a hot summer day!

Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“LOVED it!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My kids never had a dull moment...and looking back, neither can I! My three year old LOVED the store front...she played at that cash register and with the carts forever. My one year old had a blast with the vegetable stand and in the toddler jungle area. We all had fun chasing bugs in the technology room. The music and art rooms were equally enjoyable. My favorite part...reading about the environment and how to conserve water and paper towels. It's something we've tried to keep reminded of since we left. Super cool!

Visited June 2012