“Little disappointing”
Review of Tohono Chul

Tohono Chul
Ranked #7 of 307 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Cultivate your appreciation for the Sonoran Desert’s natural beauty and the impression it makes on everyone who explores our “Desert Corner”. Here, the seasons inspire wondrous events both in nature and culturally; Tohono Chul celebrates every opening, whether for an internationally known artist or an exquisite cactus flower. Wander the natural desert gardens—escape the noise of everyday. Engage in our sincere passion to evolve “The Desert Corner” as an integral crossroads of nature, art and culture.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It seems to expensive for what it has to offer. You can see it all stoping by the road and walking in the desert for free.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Tohono Chul Park has been one of the "must" visits for all our visitors, as well as a place I like to go myself. Besides a great gift shop, it has a wonderful educational program about the desert plants.....their Christmas Lights Nights around the holidays are a must.

1  Thank MLtucson
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My co-worker and I decided to visit Tohono Chul Park here in Tucson one morning.

We were invited to come for a tour and a better understanding of who they are and what they mean to the community of Tucson. My co-workers and I decided to go a little early and have breakfast there at their Bistro before the tour.

We sat in their garden bistro and sipped on coffee and enjoyed our breakfast and the crisp morning air. I had the Eggs Benedict and I think they were the best I have ever had!

We soon began our tour of the gardens. I have to say, you would not even know, as you walk around, that they are located next to the bustling intersection of Ina & Oracle! The garden and all the walking trails are awesome! Various spaces throughout the gardens feature re-created zones throughout the Sonoran Desert and the high mountain areas that teach everyone about the different zones and the plant and animal life that are attracted to them. This is a wonderful way of educating everyone on the different aspects of the desert that we dont get to see while here in the city. Some of these indigenous and native plant and animal life are so intriguing as we learn about their habits to survive in the harsh winter and summer seasons.

One thing I was simply amazed about is how much acreage they have! We could have walked trails for hours! And they are located again, on Ina and Oracle....who would have thought!

Hummingbirds, lizards, small insects, how awesome is that to have a staff so dedicated to care and educate all of us on what calls home in the Sonoran Desert. All the docents and staff are so dedicated to these efforts. Their gift shop procures many items, arts and crafts handmade right here in town as they outsource nothing!!!

I do not recall the name of the original owner in the early 1900's, but her plan of purchasing much of the land in that area to avoid urbanization paid off dearly. Now we have a wonderful attraction to send my first time Southern Arizona visitors from kids to adults who want a better understanding and appreciation of what this part of the Southwest is all about!

Kudos to Tohono Chul Park!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This nature park is a beautiful getaway in the middle of Tucson. We also enjoy the gift shop and tea room and art displays.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a gem in the intermediate desert of the Sonoran Desert. The trails are very short and are all easy. There are multiple ramadas and places to stop/sit. Lots of docents giving talks or special instructor times. Spring & fall see migration times of birds/butterflies and so extra special viewing. The spring flower times are gorgeous.

Been to Tohono Chul? Share your experiences!