“Surprisingly Good”

Ranked #29 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
San Antonio, Texas
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I were visiting friends in Tucson and didn't plan to stay the night. It got late and we decided to crash and drive back to Phoenix the next morning. We stopped here because it was on the way and looked like it wasn't too expensive. We were given a 2 room suite for a very affordable price. The room and bed were comfy and WiFi was included. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic! The breakfast area overlooks their pool area. It was cold that day, but it looked really nice - much nicer that I would have expected from the outside appearance. My only gripe was that you could hear the cars on the road from our room, so a room on the other side of the hotel would have probably been quieter. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is our second time to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites. The last time was during the summer and I had a 2 bed suite. This time reserved the King bed suite with kitchen. Room was very clean. The hotel grounds immaculate. King size bed and the sofa bed were comfortable. The only problem we had with our room was the fact that it was difficult to close the bathroom door, which makes a middle of the night bathroom run not so quiet. Breakfast options were superb. This is a good choice for a one night stay, but would definitely be a great place for an extended stay. Kitchen was equipped with the essentials( pots, pans, plates and silverware). They even provided you with dish soap, cloth and towel to keep it all clean. The two flat screen televisions are always a plus when traveling with children. We only had one remote, not sure if we should have had two. Thank you again to management and staff for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelinCalifornia
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place is wonderful. It is like a little resort or sanctuary. I have stayed here twice now for business and this place makes me want to make vacation plans to stay here. It is a great location. It is quite. It is very resonable. The staff is marvelous. Everyone is very nice and makes you feel at home. This place will be my first choice whenever in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are the best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BudCasanova
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Couldn't have been better: Clean, comfortable room; great rate; well-tended property; yummy breakfast buffet; friendly, competent staff. We will definitely make this our first choice when we go to Tucson again!

Room Tip: Our room was second floor, rear. It was quiet back there, and looked out over a municipal park.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I last visited this hotel a year ago, and based on my last stay, I decided to come again. Since my last visit, it appears they've all but completed the renovations. This time I got a first floor King Suite on the rear side facing the parking lot. The room was remodeled very well, and as last time, the bed was super comfortable.

I've also noticed that the new AC units they've put into the rooms now have a small duct ported over to the bedroom area, and have electronic temperature settings. A very welcome upgrade to the standard under-window units!

The only downside is that while probably good for a casual traveler, this time I had to actually do some business work while here. The WiFi connection was unfortunately not up to handling my company's VPN connection, making me resort to using my cell phone to tether. Unfortunately that's the norm in many hotels with free WiFi, so I have just come to expect that at any hotel.

Otherwise, I still contend this is a fantastic place to stay while in the Northwest section of Tucson!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank dirtyblueshirt
New York, NY
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Big, pretty place run by very nice and friendly people, and it has been almost totally renovated recently, and even the breakfast is better than average. Unfortunately they renovated the ventilation system with the very worst kind that will hardly stay on at all. The windows do open, but the rooms are all outside rooms so they open on to the public walkway. Consequently the air in the rooms is stale, my pet peeve in motels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank z1307z
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The team and hotel is absolutely wonderful. My Tucson home away from home. Their managers reception and pool area are my favorite. Wherever they got their beds I want one for my home. I highly recommend anybody to stay at this hotel. They really do it right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business