“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #29 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The most comfortable bed!! The front desk is personable. The parking is right at your room, and well lit, with a bright light at the door. I had a room in the back of the hotel and it was very quiet. The breakfast was okay, but was missing cold cereal and juice on both mornings I was there. But they do have a set-up that you can cook your own waffles, which is pretty cool.

The thing I found missing from this pet friendly hotel is that there's no doggie pooh station. They'll give you some bags, but you're on your own from there. I left a note at the front desk suggesting they install a pooh station. Actually I stayed at another Quality Inn in Tucson last year, and they didn't have one either.

For people traveling with pets, there is a urgent care hospital right on the corner of Ina and Oracle, very nearby. Also, there are a lot of restuarants in the area, and you're given free adminission to a fitness club nearby.

The water is hot; the shower-head great, and the room is clean, although small (the only chair is a desk chair - I missed having the usual arm chair with ottoman but it wouldn't have fit in the room). The TV reception is good and the wifi works very well and is easy to connect to.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is on a major street with lots of traffic, but the hotel is set back from the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here and we loved it. It was the nicest hotel we've stayed at on our roadtrip. The breakfast was HUGE and the staff was so nice. There was a heated pool, a spa, a putting green. It was very clean and we even had a closet in our room! We were definitely very impressed.

• Stayed September 2012
Westerly, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I visited on 8/24,8/25, 2012 and asked for a poolside room..what I got was a room with the elevator directly in front of my door and room...I was so exhausted that I did not mention this until the day I left. However, 2 weeks later I had the occasion to stay for 3 days (Labor day weekend).
I asked for a bottom floor close to the parking area. I was delighted. Your accommodations were
excellent and the breakfast was lovely.
I am planning to visit Tucson for a few months this winter and my have an occasion where I, my partner and dog may need your services. Your staff is wonderful and I just love the smiles I get from your staff....Keep up the good work...it makes us all look good!

Room Tip: If you ask for a poolside room, make sure you get a view from your room and not a view of the elevat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Golden
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am a repeat guest at this Quality Inn and Suites for my business travel. The price is right and the accommodations are pleasant. In addition, the location is excellent. In walking distance there are numerous restaurants, a Whole Foods Market and a Starbucks.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are quieter than rooms on the street side. You can request a room with a kitchen is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived early and without any trouble we had our room pool side. After hiking the grand canyon and no shower for two days the Quality
Inn was wonderful. We have stayed at several motels traveling from Mi. and none offered the value or quality we received....we stayed an extra day because we were treated so
Well by the staff and the wonderful accommodations. The pool and breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed September 2012
Tucson
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have stayed at many Choice Hotels properties, and this is one of the best there is. We have stayed here before, and the staff is incredible for a hotel in this price range. If you are fortunate enough to be checked in by Kathryn, you will see what I mean. The rooms are clean and up to date, the hot breakfast buffet is first-rate, and everyone on staff is very friendly, helpful, and eager to please. The location is convenient to shopping and restaurants, and this is a great place for a weekend getaway. For a few dollars more, you can upgrade to a king suite, which I highly recommend. The king suite is like a small apartment, with separate bedroom, kitchenette, and 2 flat-screen TVs. The wireless internet is fast and flawless, and it is truly difficult to find anything negative to say about this place. In the summer, however, the A/C can be stretched to it's capacity, so try to get a room or suite that does not get direct sun. All in all, this is a great place to stay and you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Upgrading to a king suite is well-worth the extra cost - highly-recommended!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have stayed at both good and not so good Quality Inns. This is one of the best! Check in was fast and courteous, the room was clean and the breakfast was absolutely wonderful! Only thing was our room didn't have the air conditioner upgraded so it didn't get real cool. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view. Ask if air conditioner in room has been upgraded.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple