“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #24 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
York, Maine
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We needed a hotel on the north side of Tucson. This one was in a very convenient location for us, and it proved to be a great find. The first room was just fine, but the bathroom light quit on us at about 8:00 pm. No one could change the bulb until morning, so we were given a new room, perhaps even nicer. It was an interior room on the courtyard. The courtyard is delightful, with a beautiful pool, flowers, shrubs, and even a putting green. Our only negative with regard to the room was the lack of lighting. More lamps were needed, especially in the sitting area where one would hope to pass the time reading. Breakfast was not outstanding, but the atrium where it is served was very nice. An additional perk is the nearby Tohono Chul Park. It is directly behind the hotel, and we had a great walk there before checking out. But, be warned, there is a fee for admission.

Room Tip: Interior. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed here for three nights when attending a conference in Tucson. Good value and clean room, with a good breakfast in the morning. Owners provided a ground floor room for me at my request and extra pillows. Outdoor pool available but too cold in Feb to use! Only complaint was that the room was not cleaned on the second day, but this wasn't really a major problem. It was cheaper than other hotels in the area and I would use it again if I was after a reasonable and good value place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
QISJoelle, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson North Foothills, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your experience at the Quality Inn & Suites, Tucson. I'm so glad to hear that the Quality Inn & Suites was a good value foe you. Your comments are very important to us. I apologize that your room was not cleaned the second day you spent at the property. Our goal at Quality Inn & Suites is to ensure complete customer satisfaction. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the appropriate managers in order to improve future experiences. I hope we can welcome you back to the Quality Inn & Suites the next time you are in Tucson!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times because its location is close to business contacts. It is not a luxury property, but it is inexpensive and has decent beds and decent breakfast. It is not the El Conquisatador, but it is much less expensive.

Contrary to NicolaBeijing's review, the hotel is clean. In fact, I believe that I was standing behind NicolaBeijing when I was checking in. I was checking in late at night and wanted to get into my room. Nicola refused to yield and threatened to call the police on the desk clerk because her room wasn't cleaned and the clerk didn't want to call the property manager late at night regarding this. Take her review with a grain of salt.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
QISJoelle, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson North Foothills, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your experience at the Quality Inn & Suites, Tucson. I'm so glad to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and of good value. Your comments are very important to us. I will pass on your kind words to our staff. I hope we can welcome you back to the Quality Inn & Suites again soon!
Beijing
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My room was on the 2nd floor and very far from the elevator wich is also very far from the reception, and nobody helped me with my luggage. For 2 days my room had not been cleaned up, and, when I complained on the night of the 2nd day, they told me I still had to wait one more day to have it done bcs there was nobody to clean it.
Very rude and unpolite staff at the reception and refused to give me complain form nor to talk to the manager until next day at 10am because the manager starts working at 10am!! At that time I was already gone as I was on a business trip and had to start working much earlier.
Heating in the room was so loud that you couldn t even hear the tv when heating was on. Fridge extremely old and all broken inside. Paper plates and plastic cutlery for breakfast. Food according to the paper plates: very bad!
I ve been travelling for the last 20 years constantly and all over the world and never had complained about a hotel. This is the first time. The worst hotel in my life. Just hated to had to come back to the hotel at night after work!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your experience at the Quality Inn & Suites, Tucson. I am disappointed to read that your stay was not ideal. Our goal at Quality Inn & Suites is to ensure complete customer satisfaction. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the appropriate managers in order to improve future experiences. I hope we can welcome you back to the Quality Inn & Suites and leave you with a more pleasant stay.
Anaheim, California
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I honestly expected a lot less when I first booked the room, as it was one of the cheaper properties in the northwestern area of Tucson. I was genuinely surprised that all the rooms are suites with full kitchens. Though my stay was brief, I enjoyed my stay. The room was very quiet (top floor facing the courtyard) and although the furniture is getting a little dated (about 5-10 years old, I'd guess) they are remodelling all the rooms since they recently became a Quality Suites. The mattresses are quite firm, which I prefer though some may not. Overall, I'd certainly recommend this place again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank dirtyblueshirt
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your experience at the Quality Inn & Suites, Tucson. I'm so glad to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations! Your comments are very important to us. As you mentioned, the hotel is undergoing a major renovation which includes completely remodeled rooms. Thank you again for your comments and feedback!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed here for our 5 day visit to Tuscon. The location was convenient with many malls and restaurants close by. There was easy access to the major routes around the city for sightseeing.The rate we paid was reasonable for a spacious suite with a separate bedroom, 2 TVs, and a kitchenette...and breakfast was included!
The place is undergoing a major renovation and the courtyard/ pool area looks very nice. However, the carpeting in our room was quite dirty and I suppose it would eventually be replaced along with the rattly exhaust fan and old kitchenware. The king bed was comfortable, the staff was helpful and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your experience at the Quality Inn & Suites, Tucson. I'm so glad to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and of good value. Your comments are very important to us. I am disappointed to read that your room was not ideal. Our goal at Quality Inn & Suites is to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Hopefully in the future we can reserve a renovated room for you so you can enjoy the hotel's new amenities and features.
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My husband and I, along with one of our cats, stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites over Thanksgiving 2011. We had a great room- a living room, small kitchenette and king-size bed with bath. The bed was firm and gave us a good night's sleep. The kitchen had a apartment size refrigerator that kept our fruit, water and insulin for our cat just fine. The staff was great- front desk personnel were friendly, helpful and professional. The breakfast was very good- eggs, bacon, sausage, along with the typical continental breakfast foods. Coffee was very good as well. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from road and other noise- the staff are willing to help
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
QISJoelle, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson North Foothills, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Thank you for providing us with such a terrific comment! We are delighted that you had such a good experience with the staff and the property. I have passed along your kind words to my fellow managers and staff. Your comment is the type of experience we strive for. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!