New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #68 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My friend and I had a very enjoyable time at this hotel. It was down the road from the airport. The location is very convenient. Sonia, the front desk clerk was friendly and warm and informative. She helped us find our way around and gave us good advice on shopping locations. The pool and hot tub were in working order and were wonderful. It is a good bargain. Breakfast was included and had a good selection of hot and cold options. Beds were comfortable. Not alot of luxury but if you need an economical place to spend the night its not a bad choice at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tessa B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Westminster, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife two small kids and I were back in the Tucson area again. We were looking around at other hotels in the area that had suites and we actually preferred a different hotel in the area, but family was staying at the Comfort Suites so we got talked into booking a room here.

As with our previous experience here, this place is not for families with more than one small child! The suites are quite small and rather cramped. Our kids' ages are 11 months and 4 years. My wife is still breastfeeding our 11 month old and we're up 1-2 times overnight to feed him and so she can use her breastpump. There really is no good place to set up a pack 'n play. But at least our 4 year old can use the pull out bed from the couch which did work out nicely. On a side note, we did actually have to put our 4 year old in another one of our family member's room so that he would not be disturbed when we're up overnight with the baby.

The breakfast was actually really good and I do like their variety. However, they really do need to watch the expiration dates especially on fruit! The bananas they tried to serve were very old and quite soft.

The staff is very nice especially the manager, Sandra. She is very easy to work with and quick to respond to needs. She had no problem letting our entire family use the breakfast room for an evening pizza party on our last night there.

I could tell they upgraded their outdoor lighting fixtures since the last time we were there. The parking lot was very well lit and this did give us a bigger sense of security.

As far as the rooms go, they do need some serious updating. The handle on our toilet broke off on the last day we were there and the dark shades were very worn and being held together with a safety pin! It kept out most of the light (and it's even brighter outside now that the outdoor lighting at night is way better than before) but it still let in enough to make it a bit annoying. It just doesn't seem the up-keep of the property is what it was before.

Also the staff really need to emphasize that this is a non-smoking hotel. A few times when walking through the hallway we did smell cigarette smoke. Thankfully none of it got into our room, or the other room where our 4 year old was sleeping, but still it was there.

It's definitely not a bad place as long as it's one person or couples staying in the suite, or a family with 1 small child (even then I wouldn't go that far). But it's still a place that I would bypass for better options in the immediate area. It could be better if they would just update the rooms and make sure maintenance is onsite more frequently and emphasize the non-smoking policy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mkdenver1
Yucaipa, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over President's Day weekend while in town for a softball tournament. When we returned to our room the first day at 4pm we noticed that someone had come into our room and picked up our dirty towels, but our room had not been cleaned. We called the desk and they came to clean the room at 6pm. The next morning we left at 9am and returned at 2pm. The room still had not been cleaned, but someone had entered the room and stolen our iPad! We notified the desk and the police were called. We had a previous engagement and had to leave after having waited over an hour for the police to arrive, so I wrote my statement down and it was given to the police officer by the clerk at the desk. When we returned at 11pm that night we went up to our room and once again the room had not been cleaned! By this time, we were thoroughly fed up. When we checked out the next morning, we spoke with the acting General Manager about how unhappy we were with our stay. Although she was apologetic, the only compensation she could give us was a 10% discount off the room (which barely covered the sales tax for the room). When we asked about paperwork for filing a claim with their insurance company she became uncooperative and refused to help us any further. Avoid this hotel, there are plenty of other choices in the area!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank CLO_1964
comfortsuitesairport, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We are sorry for this unfortunate event. We reviewed the camera and found no one entering the room. We checked belonging of every employees at the time of complaints and review camera. Police were called it. To our surprized she did not wait while police arrived and went to the baseball game rather than giving a statement to the police. It appears that she was not willing to make statement in fornt of the officer of the law. She kept thretening the hotel that she will ruin our reputations if we did not offer her $5000 for her loss. We asked her to send her receit of the purchase so we can process the claim but she never did. Our insurance carrier requires proof of purchse. It appears she had one agend which was to hurt the staff and eventually the hotel.

GM
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I spent one night here while on vacation in the Tuscon area. The hotel was nice, the hotel itself as a bit older but still nice. The rooms themselves were nice, clean and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was good enough to get through, and the staff was nice and friendly. It is very close to the airport so if you need to stay here for that it would be very good for that as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank USFBowler
Stony Plain, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a lay over in Tuscon so we decided to stay here. The price was so good! I was really not expecting much for the price. The staff were friendly and got us checked in very quickly. We went up to our room and were impressed with the size, modern furniture, t.v, beds, & bathroom. Everything was very clean.
This is the best continental breakfast I have ever had! Eggs, bacon, potatoes, apples, bananas, waffles, juices, muffins.
I feel we got way more than what we paid. I would defiantly recommend staying here!

The only downside is that it is not very close to any shops or restaurants. But it is only a couple minutes from the airport

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matthew D
Bridal Veil, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Its managers are either idiots or unempowered or both. In early September 2012, I made telephone reservations to stay at this hotel for two time periods: 16, 17, 18 October; and, 21-25 October. When I arrived at the hotel, the hotel had no record of any reservation for these days. Instead of booking me for those days in October, they had booked me for the days in September and charged me two "no show" fees of $72 each. The issue would have been easy to resolve when I was at the front desk. Judging from the parking lot, there was no shortage of vacant rooms. Instead of using the "no shows" as a credit towards the eight night stay -- $570 -- the manager said he would give me one night free and "try" to do something about the situation in the morning. A promise to "try" wasn't good enough to keep me there. I pointed out the fact that the hotel was going to make $500+ in business if they could resolve the issue immediately. If they didn't -- or couldn't -- I was going to go across the street to their competitor and stay there for eight nights. Rather than take the business, it appears they preferred to try to keep the $144 in no show fees. (We'll see if they do. I am disputing this with the credit card company.) Let's take this one step further. I am sure I gave them the correct days when I made the reservation. But, suppose I didn't? If you were the manager and you had empty rooms in this situation, what would you do? Not what they did, I would bet. Don't be surprised if this place either doesn't stay in business or winds up with new management. Right now, based on my experience, I wouldn't make a reservation at a Comfort Suites on a bet.

Room Tip: Go across the parking lot to the hotel to the south. Not only did we get a room at the same rate, t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DesertAngel_12
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We live in Tucson. Just before we left on our trip our AC went out so we spent the night of our return at an airport hotel. We picked Comfort Suites because of the price ($64 with tax), reviews and because my husband is a Choice Privileges member. To be fair my husband travels often to business and his preference is ground floor near door (I prefer upper floors away from doors/elevators). Typical Comfort Suite room set-up. Overall clean, bed comfortable. AC unit was very noisey and we had to turn it off to get to sleep (we turned it off at 10:00 pm at 67 and it was 76 when we woke up at 5:30 am). Could hear planes take off and land (though not overly loud), heard foot steps of person in room above ours, wifi never worked, refrigerator worked but facade was cracked. DId not eat breakfast. Since the room was so inexpensive and we just wanted to sleep overnight it was okay.

Room Tip: I'd suggest asking for room on the north side of building (away from airport) and an upper floor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple