“Upper floor was good.”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #70 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Having read the reviews about upper floor rooms being changed an extra fee upon check-in I was expecting some hassle to get my request for an upper floor room to be honored at the rate I booked. I was assigned an upper floor room straight away - maybe because I am a Choice Privileges member?

This is an airport hotel, and in that respect it's fine - and it was right across from Thrifty car rental, so returning a car early in the morning took all of about 2 minutes door to door.....! It is a fairly hefty drive to downtown, and one things about Tucson is that it can be slow to drive further into the city if you've the evening free prior to flying the next day. I certainly wouldn't consider staying out by the airport in Tucson for any reason other than to fly out the next day. Stay near where you want to go - as I said, I found Tucson a sprawling city, slow to drive across because of traffic lights, construction, and lack of interstates except central corridor north-south.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank offbeatopenhats

Reviewed July 4, 2012

very nice place to stay, was well worth the money. room was very clean, breakfast nice, and staff nice and helpful. thanks!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank madbomber06
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We traveled to Tucson to halp pack up my daughter for their move from Tucson to Phoenix. Staying at an Airport Hotel can sometimes be noisey but I can say that I never heard an airplane. From check-in to check-out the service was 5 Star! Greated with a warm welcome and helpful the entire stay. Our room on the 3rd floor was spotless and looked brand new! Bathroom with granite countertop was beautiful. Our room had a medium size refridgerator and a microwave! The breakfast was amazing. make your own waffles were very delisiouse. The best coffee on the planet. My understanding it is under new management and they are doing an amazing job. The General Manager, Dan, and his staff were helpful to all the guests. The entire hotel is spotless and our air conditioning was ice cold and quiet. It was 108 degrees outside. They also have a beautiful pool and hot tub and a workout room. What more can you ask for. I will definitly stay there again. We still have relative that live in Tucson and drive down all the timme. A Big Thank you from Georgette "GG" George

Room Tip: 3rd floor seem to be very very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Quinnschoice
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here using our Choice Privileges points. We had reserved a room for two nights using points and we were going to pay for our 3rd night. Our plans had changed and we only needed to stay one night. He had us call the 800 # to talk to the Choice Privileges people so that we wouldn't get charged the points for two nights. I didn't catch his name but both he and the other employee, Julio Munoz, were very helpful and couldn't be friendlier or nicer. We had a nice comfortable room and a good breakfast. It was very near the airport but it didn't keep us awake. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FerndaleGirl
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I had a great time the staff at desk was great. Both days Gm welcomed us during breakfast. They planned our day for us. We checked in and they asked us if we had plans we were just here on business but they gave us directions to dinner and movies. The room was nice and clean. Great hot breakfast.eggs waffles.bacon and much more. Highly reccomend.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank skydive100
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stood on the third floor, nice rooms classy furniture and it was my third time, the new staff is really improving the place. Nice touch putting flowers and friendly staff now so I will return. Recommend a deluxe room they are way newer and fancy than the standard.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank aztrave
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have stayed here before, but on this visit (on May 16) we had more problems. The worst was, not only did the alarm clock not work (and it didn't work in our room on the previous visit), but we never got our requested wake-up call! Considering we had a plane to catch, this was not a good thing! Also, the bathroom was not well-cleaned, and some items were missing. The air conditioner had a "governor" on the controls so that we couldn't set it below a certain level. We do appreciate the positives: microwave, refrigerator, and small couch in the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family