“Convenient and filling after a movie.”
Review of Sushi Garden

Sushi Garden
Ranked #1,039 of 2,231 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed August 12, 2018

The Sushi Garden is one of the few remaining restaurants at what used to be the Tucson Mall. My wife and caught an early morning movie this weekend and decided to lunch there after walking by for more than ten years.

Think 'Dennys-does-Sushi-with-alcohol' if you want a picture of Sushi Garden. On a positive note I can say service was friendly and above average; the food (we had the all-you-can-eat buffet) was filling; the price was in line for what we ate; and the restaurant clean. Other services included a full-service bar, and a specialty kitchen that cooked from a menu. In the Fall and Spring I imaging their porch seating would add to the dining experience.
Sushi Garden seems to cater to families that have come to shop at what is left of the Mall, or are looking for an affordable meal. I'm sure it would serve for an inexpensive first date setting, but as to quality sushi we will go elsewhere.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed March 1, 2018

Had Dumplings, fried rice, Las Vegas roll, Mt Fuji roll, Sunshine roll and Vegetarian roll. All were just okay. With soda came to $68. Don't see that it was worth the expense.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed April 3, 2017

Maybe I hit this place on the wrong day. The buffet was not great. The food was not cared for as it should be. With the number of Chinese buffets in Tucson putting on so many items, it makes this selection at Sushi garden look pretty bleak. I felt like the quality would be better given this fact. This simply was not the case. All of the items were just so so at best. Then I tried some Sushi items, and found that their portions were very small. The quality was ok, however underwhelming. The staff acted worn out and the overall appearance was dirty. I am not one to leave this kind of review, however in this case it is necessary. I hope things change as the advertising suggests a better experience than I had.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

We go about once every month or so and NEVER have a problem , tonight....Well the toilets are clean. I have a good allergy to sea food so why you ask might I risk a seafood restaurant..well.. usually they are very cautious and clean. I have been eating here for years and have never had a problem. Tonight..not so much. Waiter spoke Spanish and barely understood English. I ordered the tempora chicken and vegetables...came with no vegetables. Then I ordered the quail shooter so he brought a shooter. My favorite...down the hatch only to find out it was an oyster shooter! Spit it out and put aside...asked him and he said..you want shooter it's what we have... Complete disregard. None the less head in the toilet and more to follow. He forgot the rest of our order and brought it out when we were paying for the bill...he tried to get us to pay for his mistake. Usually a decent restaurant worth at least a few dinners. Now...not a place I would tell anyone to go to. Manager didn't seem to care.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 28, 2016

This is an okay place for sushi or if you like buffet. The staff is very friendly & the atmosphere is nice. There is an outside patio.

Date of visit: November 2016

Been to Sushi Garden? Share your experiences!