“smelly and yukky, and thats just the host...”
Review of Sushi Garden

Sushi Garden
Ranked #1,338 of 2,014 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The host that sat us was rude and (silently) opinionated. The menu is WAY confusing and they charge you EXTRA during happy hour ...??? really, I though it was the other way around. Grossest sushi Ive ever eateen, next tto Azian and some grotty buffett called Golden Coast. Move along>>>>

There are newer reviews for Sushi Garden

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went for the all-you can eat sushi multiple times. I ordered all sorts of fish and rolls. There is much better sushi in Tucson. Small fish portions in the nigiri with tons of rice. Their stated policy of charging additional money for any uneaten items on your plate is off-putting. I understand the rationale for this policy, but it is unnecessary due to their other policy of limiting the number of items you can order at a time.

This actually happened: I got the all you can eat meal for $20. I wasn't all that hungry so my second order was for a single spicy salmon roll. I was getting full so I didn't eat the last piece. Upon asking for the check, the waitress informed me that if I didn't eat the last piece, she would have to charge me the menu price for the spicy salmon roll in addition to the $20 all you can eat price. I wasn't all that full so I could have complied with her request, but when I go to a restaurant I go for the experience as much as the food. I don't like being to be told I will be charged additional money unless I eat past my point of satiety. I did manage to find a good solution: I told them that the remaining piece fell on the floor and asked if they would force a customer to eat something that fell on the floor. I was so disgusted by this experience that I even offered to return the last piece of sushi to the floor so they could clean it up.

I personally don't like to dine in an establishment that treats me in a suspicious manner from the second I come in the door. For this reason I will not go back, and urge you to do the same.

1  Thank Mungry
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had been at Sushi Garden previously and it had been so-so in food and atmosphere. I was pleasantly surprised when I went with a friend at his insistence. The handrolls were excellent, nigiri sushi was delicious (very fresh, larger portions of sushi than typical), and the price was right. We had the all-you-can-eat special of $19.95 each. One can order up to 5 items at a time, and more later. The initial 5 items each were enough for us! The service was friendly and responsive, better than previously, although the hostess didn't seem to enjoy her job very much. The atmosphere is somewhat utilitarian, but overall it was a very good experience. For a neighborhood restaurant, it's on the "fav" list.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Went to Sushi Garden today for the all you can eat sushi. For $20 you get as much sushi as you can eat. Be careful as they charge you if you have lots of extra rice or extra food on your plate at the end. It isn't the most amazing sushi out there but if you want a lot of variety of rolls, this is the place to go. I was overall very happy and would go back if I find myself in Tucson again.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I regularly ate at the Sushi Garden after Takamatsu burned. Tonight we took my father there and one of our orders was for Albacore nigiri sushi (a regular choice of mine). It was obviously bad and we told the waitress. The manager came by to explain that's normal and if we ordered more Albacore it would be the same. So much for trying to help them from making customers sick.

Been to Sushi Garden? Share your experiences!