“Perfection, go there for sure!”
Review of Janos - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Via Palomita
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This place should be at the top of the bar and restaurant list for your stay in Tucson. We wound up there every night of our stay at the beautiful Westin La Paloma next door. Trevor, our bartender is at the top of his game, super friendly, witty and charming to say nothing of his ample skills as a mixologist. And yes, you should absolutely order his award winning Best Margarita in Tucson. We had dinner here on our last night and I can't say enough about the food. It was the best of our trip. In our family of super-foodies it's easy to tell when the food is right... the conversation ends as we savor every bite. All our entrees were luscious and inventive. It is not at all surprising that the James Beard awards people have noticed this too. Did I mention the service is 1st rate? Because it is. Don't miss this place. (BTW, Janos + J Bar are under the same roof and you can order from the Janos menu at the J Bar as we did.)

1  Thank J_yyyyyyyy

Reviewed March 30, 2012

My wife and I both had the tasting and it was the right choice. Sampled 12 of the chefs unique creations. It was really fun and the service was exceptional!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

First I will say the service was very good however it pretty much stopped there. The wine list was Sooooo Sad why bother. the Appetizers sounded so good and we were all excited to try several so instead of a main entree we ordered 4 apps. the mussels in chorizo, the Calamari, some pork belly dish and the griddled garlic and mushroom bread. the only dish that had anything going for it was the bread. everything else was BLAH. The calamari was tough, the pork belly ??? couldn't tell where the pork was and how can anything with Chorizo be bland??? the atmosphere was ok although we sat outside and it was a beautiful nite and had good company so we ate drank and were merry dispite the bad food. The Bar was happening but the entrance and the way they have the tables set up reminded me of a wedding march with the grooms guests on one side and the brides guests on the other. The only thing missing was the actual bride and groom. Come on Jano's this was TERRIBLE. you're other restaurant has such an incredible reputation for fine food. This is WAYYYY below par.

1  Thank livin4luvinlife
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Known for a variety of things including Sonoran Hot Dogs, Great Wine List, Cool Jazz and Janos Wilder a Great Chef! He has a variety of other great foods on his menu!

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Janos is an amazing find in the desert. Being from NYC, I know I am a restaurant snob. And yet, Janos lived up to every one of my expectations. The chef is quite brave in his use of different tastes and styles that he encompasses in each dish. I had the incredible tasting menu. Simply delicious in every course.
More than the food, which of course, must be amazing, is the service. The attentive staff and their attention to detail is flawless. This restaurant is not to be missed.