All reviews living room the location is perfect university bungalow arizona uofa
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2017

I love Peppertrees. When I made the reservation, I had no idea I would have my own bungalow! I had a kitchen, living room and bedroom and an outside patio and hammock! Lovely, and the breakfast (included in the room cost) is served outside on a shared patio or at your place. I was there for a conference at the University, and this was such a great place to come back to. Also, a very short walk to nice restaurants and a great market (Time Market) which had everything you would want.
If I get back to Tucson, I will definitely stay there again!

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

Great location, fine accommodations, private patio, and best of all, the most spectacular breakfasts! 6 day stay & each breakfast was unique, beautifully presented, delivered to our unit, and almost, but not quite, too lovely to eat. A gourmet experience each day. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2017

I was lucky enough to spend two nights recently at the Peppertrees B&B. As has been said in other reviews, the breakfast just might blow your mind! When I first saw the magnificent tray with omelet, bacon, pastry, and fruit, I considered that I might only eat half - I'm not really a breakfast person. But each bite was better than the last, and before I knew it, I had joined the clean plate club.

My arrival was going to be last because of scheduling, but plane delays made it even later (after midnight). The hosts left great instructions for checking myself in, and I was delighted to find a delicious snack waiting for me, when I finally arrived at 1 am.

In addition to the comfort, great cleanliness, and lovely decorations, I was also thrilled with the grounds. Beautiful plants were everywhere, and I even got to see a broad-billed hummingbird.

My only tiny concern is that it is very difficult to identify this place from the street. Arriving at 1 am, the street number was very hard to find, and my taxi driver was very nice to accompany me to make sure I ended up in the right place. It might be a good idea to also have the street number easily seen right at the walkway up to the house.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Peppertrees, Owner at Peppertrees Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are unfortunately limited in terms of signage, by zoning restraints. We did have our house number painted on the curb, but I just realized after reading your review and checking, when the City redid the street last year for the Light Rail System, that was never repainted. I have already made the call, and we will have that repainted again. Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention, much appreciated. Please come back and visit us again, if you are ever coming to Tucson. Have a great spring and summer!

Reviewed February 15, 2017

Place is convenient to University of Arizona. Breakfast will be late if you don't ignore the posted sign which says five minutes and listen to the plethora of instructions. We had 8:00 AM meetings both days but only got a breakfast 5 minutes before 7:30 on one day. Jill claimed we did not ask for it both days. Phone was answered 1 of 3 times only. Room was not made up. Maybe you have to ask for that too.

I wish I could say only nice things because when the breakfast came it was excellent, but irritation when there is an issue is not hospitable.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

I am very sorry that we were unable to meet your travel needs and that your stay with us, was a negative experience for you. Since your stay was booked and paid for by our local State University, we of course, did not have any direct communication with you or your associate, prior to your arrival or hence afterwards. While I don't agree with much of what you stated above, I am still very sorry you were not pleased. Best of luck in your future Travels.

Reviewed November 16, 2016

Very comfortable and private B&B surrounded by lovely gardens. It's location near the University makes it within walking distance from a number of good restaurants and an easy drive to other places around Tucson. Jill's breakfasts are an incredible start to the day. We thoroughly enjoyed her creative and delicious meals in the garden. Next time we come to Tucson we'll stay here!

Date of stay: November 2016