“Clean, fresh, and extremely hospitable”

Peppertrees Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #16 of 45 Tucson B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I will always stay at Peppertrees B&B. Ditto on the positives from the other reviews. I will add that the attention to detail is wonderful. I too am passionate about food and to have the incredible breakfast included in the price is even more of a bonus. There are no "extra" charges at the end of the stay. I wanted a nice, personal experience for my teenage daughter because she was taking a tour of the U of A campus and did not want her to experience Tuscon from the eyes of the Marriott. Peppertrees really made her comfortable. Jill and Ron are wonderful, intelligent, caring people that create an experience that should be had by all!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This review is only to restate what others have said. My experience at Peppertrees Bed and Breakfast was amazing. Being a bit of a foodie, I have to admit the breakfasts were my favorite part but I must also mention that our suite was impeccably clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful and serene. My only regret is that we failed to ask Jill to cook our dinner which she offers as an option at a modest additional charge. When I return to Tuscon, which I hope to do, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 1949katie
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 days and loved everything about Peppertrees. The B&B is in a great location just 2 funfilled blocks from the university. The casitas are beautifully decorated and everything you need is right there. The patios are full of flowers and trees. Jill and Ron are wonderful hosts and serve the best breakfasts ever, out on the patio, under the peppertrees. I truly can't think of anything they could do to make it nicer. I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We've stayed at Peppertrees B&B twice now and both were enjoyable experiences. I love the funk of the university neighborhood, easily in walking distance.

Jill and Ron take great pride in their rooms and grounds, both of which are immaculate. We've stayed both times in the East Wing House, a small detached structure with kitchen, sitting room, queen bedroom, and bath. It's always quiet and a lovely place to hang one's hat for a night or a week. Coffee is available in the kitchen for early risers (me) and the breakfast that Jill brings over is always fresh, colorful, and tasty.

It's a bit pricey, but the combination of cleanliness, friendliness, quiet location and good services more than offset the cost. I hate (seriously so) chain hotels and always try to support hard-working innkeepers who have the temerity--gumption as my mother would say--to run a good B&B. Peppertree's is definitely one of those. Stay here!
Neal and Claudia

Room Tip: We love the East Wing House. But please get out of my way when I'm arriving eh? :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank puckerstoppled
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I have been meaning to write this review for a long time. We stayed three times at the Peppertrees in the last three years -- all of which were in the Casita and I can't say enough nice things about the place. It is a lovely cosy large apartment with beautiful twinkling lights, romantic candles and a lovely southwest decor. The cactus rock garden just steps from our door was a wonderful respite, sitting out with a cup of coffee in the early morning. Jill and Ron are the perfect hosts. I have stayed in many b&bs, but I must say hands down they are the nicest couple and Jill makes the best four star breakfasts -- if you are looking for a place that epitomizes what a b&B should be, then look no further.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy E
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights in May in the Casita. It had a very nice king bed and living room, with a separate door to a private patio. The Casita is nicely decorated and bright. Very comfortable.

Breakfasts were impressive. The food was good and the presentation very nice. We enjoyed the outdoor patio setting and all the birds.

The refrigerator was stocked with a pitcher of lemonade and tea.

The high speed wired/wireless internet was reliable and appreciated.

We were very glad to have stayed here instead of in one of the upscale hotels we had also looked at in the foothills area. This downtown area had many good restaurants and was easy to drive around in. The proximity (one block) to the west entrance of the U of A can't be beat either.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brukster
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Our daughter lives in Phoenix, AZ and wanted to show us a different area of Arizona that we have not seen. Our daughter reserved sight unseen one night in the Peppertrees Bed and Breakfast Inn in Tucson. What a treat! We stayed in a two-bedroom cottage behind the main house. The cottage was welcoming and very clean! There were treats waiting for us when we arrived and the owner Jill McCormick was helpful in restaurant suggestions. The Peppertrees Inn is a few blocks from the University of Arizona.
A gourmet breakfast was served in a lush garden patio the next morning. You just pick up the phone and let Jill and her husband, Ronald, know when you are ready to eat. Coffee was in the suite for me to make since I am an early riser and was ready for coffee way before the rest of my family was ready for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family