“Wonderful place to stay in Tucson.”

Desert Sol Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 48 Tucson B&B and Inns
Phoenix
“Wonderful place to stay in Tucson.”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful stay here when we went to Tucson for the Gem and Mineral Show. The apartment was very comfortable. The kitchen was nicely outfitted with coffee, tea and a wide choice of breakfast food. Alan and Adele were very thoughtful. They asked in advance if we wanted anything special or had any food allergies. When we arrived, we were welcomed by fresh out of the oven (yummy) cookies. Adele was very helpful in directing us towards great places for dinner and telling us about the neighborhood. The area is quiet so we slept very well. The Gem and Mineral show is quite exhausting, so the best part of my stay was to come back to our cosy place and put our feet up! The living room was very comfortable - perfect for exhausted visitors.
We sadly had to leave early so we never had a chance to explore the neighborhood, but we certainly will on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Diego
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My Mom and I stayed at the Shoppe at Civano Bed @ Breakfast during the Tuscon Gem Show. We booked very last minute but Civano was great and accommodated us. Alan greeted us when we arrived and sowed us our beautiful room. We stayed in the Bunkhouse Suite and you can tell they put a lot of time and energy into the decor and feel of the room.

We ended up chatting with another guest who said he'd been staying at Civano for years and loves it. We ended up loving it, too! We only stayed two nights but both nights were very comfortable. When we weren't at the gem show we were walking around the neighborhood, even toured a few model homes because we really enjoyed the vibe of the area!

After our stay we have decided we would love to come back year after year for the gem show and stay at Civano if we have the opportunity! And anytime in Tucson I will bypass the roadside hotels and go straight to Civano! You can't beat it for the price and hospitality.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I paid for two rooms for 4 of my out-of-town guests to stay in for my daughter's wedding in May. It was such a nice place and they were all very happy with the Shoppe at Civano B&B. They had no complaints what-so-ever and enjoyed the food, coffee, neighborhood, nearby pool, scenery, cleanliness, security, and friendliness of the owners. All around a great vacation experience! I will definitely use it again when I have guests in town!

Room Tip: Rooms are well described on their web site.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My family visited Tucson during Easter and had a great stay at Civano Bed & Breakfast Inn! The rooms were furnished beautifully and the space was very comfortable for my husband , myself and our two teenage boys. Adele and Alan provided us with bagels, fruit, coffee, yogurt and juices for us to enjoy in our private breakfast nook. They even brought us warm chocolate chip cookies in the evening...sooo yummy! The owners advised us on local sights, restaurants and shopping. Our boys enjoyed the large selection of DVDs they had to choose from. We loved staying there! Civano is located in a very peaceful, desert setting. The surroundings are amazing and it is an ideal place to stay if you really want to enjoy the true beauty of the Sonoran Desert.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My three stays at Civano B&B have been fantastic. Alan and Adele are welcoming, friendly and extremely accommodating hosts. They have wonderful knowledge of the area and are more than willing to engage in stimulating conversation with guests. I have stayed in many b&bs all over the world and this little retreat on the outskirts of Tucson is one of the most fondly memorable.

Room Tip: all rooms are great. I loved the Bombay room!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo