“Love the hotet but....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Love the hotet but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotel is nicely maintained and conveniently located but turning left on Grant Road is difficult during rush hours and although you can run or bike in the "dry riverbed" which is nice, there area around the hotel feels a bit uncomfortable. The breakfasts are "holiday inn" quality but who can complain of free breakfast. Staff even provides "music" by singing and humming while putting items out, distracting for my husband although I didn't notice it when I breakfasted an hour or so later than he.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for three nights, hotel is very clean and close to highway, with NO noise from highway. The free breakfast is adequate, nothing special, toast, cereal, yogurt, grit and some hot food. Coffee is barely passable. Bring your own! Only issue we had was another guest who left a happy dog in the next room for several hours.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Mom2OneBoston,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the cleanliness of our property and the convenient location of our hotel to the highway. We are sorry you were not satisfied with our complimentary coffee and also apologize for the neighboring noise you have experienced during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Tucson, AZ.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Heflin AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed here six nights during the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show In February and we were really pleased. The hotel is in a really good location right off of I-10 and that made it really easy to get around Tucson to all the different shows. The rooms were clean and well furnished. Our check-in was efficient and friendly. When we got to our room, our refrigerator would not work and within minutes someone came and brought us another one which he said was too loud so he got the other one working and we never had another problem. All of this happened in less than 30 minutes so they are really responsive to your needs. This fellow is a real asset to the hotel. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ulysses, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Was very satistied in our stay as it was very clean and tidy. Was somewhat anxious after reading other reviews but we could not complain. Excellent location and the staff was courteous and knowledge about town. Will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have to admit, never stayed at a # 24 on a TripAdvisor Inn list before - usually try to stay in the top 5 - 10. But when I drove by the only one I could afford I wasn't impressed with it's parking - from a security point of view. Glad I decided to pass. This Holiday Inn is in an excellent location, easy to find - perfect for someone new to the area. Right off the Freeway on Grant Road, 2 right turns and you are there. Tucked back from the main road, past 2 other hotels, it has a huge, dead end parking lot - perfect for Boys hauling Toys. As always I asked the clerk - Stephen - to pick me the room he would stay in - it was facing the parking lot and the Freeway in the distance but dead quiet all night ( I guess it's the other side where the warehouse is you want to avoid ). All the people I dealt with at this Inn were very polite and helpful, which is always the perfect start. Nice Inn, nice people, nice room - made for a nice stay. Great room - compact - but all the amentities I have now come to expect were there - Iron&board/microwave/small fridge/killer flat TV with a great cable package/ excellent work desk with plugs everywhere/hardwired and wifi access. A/C and heat worked excellent and I controlled them. The bed was ok - a bit too firm and nothing special but I slept well and that's what counts. The bathroom was fine - all the toiletries one would expect, hairdryer, great towels, great water pressure and shower. The 24 hr weight room was adequate- althought the treadmill didn't work for me. The pool is outdoors but heated, the outdoor jacuzzi was awesome, Excellent self serve laundry facilites(nice to be able to buy soap but you have to be able to get quarters too), great breakfast. A bit of a drive to eat supper but nothing too onerous. The list just goes on, all great, all worth recommending to fellow travellers. So the obvious question is - why only #24 ?. Well I know for me the nonsmoking part is a really big deal, usually I see it front and center on TripAdvisor pages but didn't here. Location is another and this one is perfect, especially for the 30 guys I saw later checking in later with their trucks and toys ( poor Stephen - whatever he gets paid he deserves more) Perhap it is a bit undersold, maybe it needs more reviews for us travellers, I don't know - but I would stay here again and would recommend it to a friend. As usual I shot video here but only of the room - just in too big a hurry the next day to go to Mexico. Trust me - the rest of the place is great. Just make sure to ask for the best room.

Video @ http://youtu.be/w11zewT9UO4

location on googlemap @ www.yolotraveller.com

Room Tip: Stay away from the warehouse side - ask the desk
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Riverview, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I thought I would share my recent experience at this Holiday Inn. I was in town visiting family, and I must say, I was very pleased by my experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they recommended a couple great places to dine. The bathroom was spotless, the beds fresh and comfortable, Internet access, everything you expect In a hotel was there. Thank you for making my trip enjoyable!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I just had an excellent stay for a great price at this location. Really impressed. My husband & I found ourselves at an awful hotel the night before, and we had to find another hotel last minute. I found this place, doubtful that we'd be able to get a room easily so extremely early in the morning with no reservation on a homecoming weekend, and I certainly expected a hassle.

Instead, the front desk receptionist, Sharae(sp?), was incredibly accommodating and worked us into a room quickly, unbelievably quickly. The room was pristine, the building appeared new and was fastidiously maintained, and the service over 3 days was wonderfully polite. Each time I entered or left the building, an employee greeted me.

I felt safe in the hotel and in the parking area, which was well fenced & near other well maintained business buildings & hotels. The breakfast was good. Our room was quiet and didn't have any of the annoying noises from other guests that you get at a lot of other places where the walls are too thin. The bathroom was well stocked and replacements (soap, towels, lotion, tp, coffee) always arrived in abundance the next day. I saw cleaning staff at work every time I ventured out of our room, and it was obvious they took their work seriously. The building was spotless. A larger sized room frig and free wifi was a plus. A+ for service, room quality, experience and cleanliness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business