“Clean and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Ulysses, Kansas
“Clean and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Was very satistied in our stay as it was very clean and tidy. Was somewhat anxious after reading other reviews but we could not complain. Excellent location and the staff was courteous and knowledge about town. Will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have to admit, never stayed at a # 24 on a TripAdvisor Inn list before - usually try to stay in the top 5 - 10. But when I drove by the only one I could afford I wasn't impressed with it's parking - from a security point of view. Glad I decided to pass. This Holiday Inn is in an excellent location, easy to find - perfect for someone new to the area. Right off the Freeway on Grant Road, 2 right turns and you are there. Tucked back from the main road, past 2 other hotels, it has a huge, dead end parking lot - perfect for Boys hauling Toys. As always I asked the clerk - Stephen - to pick me the room he would stay in - it was facing the parking lot and the Freeway in the distance but dead quiet all night ( I guess it's the other side where the warehouse is you want to avoid ). All the people I dealt with at this Inn were very polite and helpful, which is always the perfect start. Nice Inn, nice people, nice room - made for a nice stay. Great room - compact - but all the amentities I have now come to expect were there - Iron&board/microwave/small fridge/killer flat TV with a great cable package/ excellent work desk with plugs everywhere/hardwired and wifi access. A/C and heat worked excellent and I controlled them. The bed was ok - a bit too firm and nothing special but I slept well and that's what counts. The bathroom was fine - all the toiletries one would expect, hairdryer, great towels, great water pressure and shower. The 24 hr weight room was adequate- althought the treadmill didn't work for me. The pool is outdoors but heated, the outdoor jacuzzi was awesome, Excellent self serve laundry facilites(nice to be able to buy soap but you have to be able to get quarters too), great breakfast. A bit of a drive to eat supper but nothing too onerous. The list just goes on, all great, all worth recommending to fellow travellers. So the obvious question is - why only #24 ?. Well I know for me the nonsmoking part is a really big deal, usually I see it front and center on TripAdvisor pages but didn't here. Location is another and this one is perfect, especially for the 30 guys I saw later checking in later with their trucks and toys ( poor Stephen - whatever he gets paid he deserves more) Perhap it is a bit undersold, maybe it needs more reviews for us travellers, I don't know - but I would stay here again and would recommend it to a friend. As usual I shot video here but only of the room - just in too big a hurry the next day to go to Mexico. Trust me - the rest of the place is great. Just make sure to ask for the best room.

Video @ http://youtu.be/w11zewT9UO4

location on googlemap @ www.yolotraveller.com

Room Tip: Stay away from the warehouse side - ask the desk
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Riverview, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I thought I would share my recent experience at this Holiday Inn. I was in town visiting family, and I must say, I was very pleased by my experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they recommended a couple great places to dine. The bathroom was spotless, the beds fresh and comfortable, Internet access, everything you expect In a hotel was there. Thank you for making my trip enjoyable!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I just had an excellent stay for a great price at this location. Really impressed. My husband & I found ourselves at an awful hotel the night before, and we had to find another hotel last minute. I found this place, doubtful that we'd be able to get a room easily so extremely early in the morning with no reservation on a homecoming weekend, and I certainly expected a hassle.

Instead, the front desk receptionist, Sharae(sp?), was incredibly accommodating and worked us into a room quickly, unbelievably quickly. The room was pristine, the building appeared new and was fastidiously maintained, and the service over 3 days was wonderfully polite. Each time I entered or left the building, an employee greeted me.

I felt safe in the hotel and in the parking area, which was well fenced & near other well maintained business buildings & hotels. The breakfast was good. Our room was quiet and didn't have any of the annoying noises from other guests that you get at a lot of other places where the walls are too thin. The bathroom was well stocked and replacements (soap, towels, lotion, tp, coffee) always arrived in abundance the next day. I saw cleaning staff at work every time I ventured out of our room, and it was obvious they took their work seriously. The building was spotless. A larger sized room frig and free wifi was a plus. A+ for service, room quality, experience and cleanliness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BobBobBob300
Willcox, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great staff, and great rooms :)
Everyone made our stay great and greeted us by name although it wasnt hard for them since i did work there at one point so they knew me hahaha.
I miss my second family :) love you guys!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Royana R
morlandmonk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great hotel which is a great base for some of the local attractions e.g. Old Tucson, Pima Air Museum and The Sonora Desert Museum and just a few minutes from downtown. Warm and friendly welcome and recognised as a PCR member with an upgrade and a goody bag (water, sweets, etc). Breakfast was excellent and we also really liked the free afternoon cookies/coffee in reception which was a lovely touch.

Would definitely recommend a visit to the Tucson Visitor’s Centre where the staff are really nice and can sell you a Tucson Passport which will save you a fortune if you are visiting more than one of the major attractions (the $18 passport entitles you to a number of discounts and 2-4-1's etc).

Eating out we recommend Red Robin at the Tucson Mall. Fantastic food and great atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank morlandmonk
Hermosillo, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The people at this Holiday Inn Express are very friendly and attentive. The rooms are always very clean and the breakfast is great. We like the cookies. I stay there every time I am in Tucson and I've tried other HIE's in Tucson and this is the best. I stay there for business and personal reasons. I stay there at least 4-5 days a month.

Room Tip: I prefer the west side rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business