“4th Visit”

Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
“4th Visit”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was my 4th visit & never disappoints. There is nothing they could improve on! Loved talking with Cheryl in the gift shop - she is so friendly & helpful. The wranglers were so nice & knowledgeable. Enjoyed the kitchen staff too. Food is amazing and the entertainment is great. We were allowed to bathe our horses which was a treat for us. Also appreciated David True for his help in the corral & chatting with us. This ranch is definitely the most for your money. Looking forward to my 5th visit. Thank you White Stallion & staff for another awesome visit.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 31 the last 2 times but all rooms are good!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wannabe46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Hove, England
Reviewed June 5, 2014

There is an adage that somethings are not as good second time around. With my second trip to the ranch, having rebooked for their Summer Bonanza for when the desert was in bloom, there was in the back of my mind the thought of would I enjoy it as much.

I can safely say that the place continues to amaze and provide one of the best holiday environments I have experienced. The views continue to amaze even when viewed previously!

As always the office team were wonderful, ensuring that dinner rather than checking in was main concern with formalities being dealt with after I'd been fed. Throughout the week they were always on hand to both help and engage with myself and other guests. None can be singled out as they all do such a wonderful job. There was no issue about me using the ranches facilities after check out with the late return flight that I had.

The riding was slightly different this time around, but that was because the national park was open (it was shut during my last visit), so I was able to do the 1/2 day and full day rides into the park. These were great fun, and the full day ride was a great workout that I think my body has since forgiven me for. Once again I was well matched to my horse. I was slightly nervous at first, with my horse having previously race (flat and barrel), but he responded well and we soon built up a good rapport. I took part in some of the shorter rides that I hadn't done the previous time as well, and enjoyed that slightly more relaxed riding side of the holiday. The wranglers (and the volunteers) were all very friendly and would still be around in the evening and would happily join people for a drink and chat if asked.

My room was great, possibly recently refurbished, but I'm not totally sure, with everything provided for that I could want and enough space to spread out and still leave the bed free to collapse into after a long day. It was one of the more expensive single rooms, but still great value for money when you consider everything else that comes in the price. Room cleaning visited every day as usual.

The food was up to the usual high standard with plenty of options for all and special dishes being provided upon request when needed. I took it easy on the food so as not to have a hard time fitting into the plane seat on the way home! It would have been easy to overeat!

The additional facilites remain the same and are well used. The pool is a wonderful place to relax when not riding and to use to cool down when it gets warm and I did have a quick look at the fitness suite this time as well.

The transfers to and from the airport were smooth and depsite my arrival plane being an hour late, the driver was there ready and waiting, and had ensured that those who had arrived on time and were meant to be on the same transfer to the ranch hadn't had to wait around.

Once more I have returned with some wonderful memories and some wonderful new friends. (Making friends at the ranch is one of the things that just seems to happen naturally and they are the sort of friendships where people actually do stay in touch).

My next trip is already booked and can't come soon enough!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Whitewash1970
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

A ranch vacation had always been on my bucket list...my traveling partner wanted to go to Arizona...through research we found this gem! I have been twice now and both visits were the best vacations I have ever had! So much to do, so beautiful, so relaxing, this is the kind of vacation that really makes you feel renewed when you get back home. Russell, Michael and everyone else at the ranch will make you feel instantly at home. I am not kidding when I say that by day 2 they will know you by name!!! This place is my paradise-and the animals are all healthy and well cared for. I was scared at first about the horse riding because I had only been once, as a little kid. But they did such a great job matching me with my horse that I never had anything to worry about....he was just my speed. There are rides for all levels, or you can hang out by the pool, at the spa, the gym, the tennis courts, the petting zoo, or go hiking in the beautiful surroundings. They just don't make places like this anymore!!!!! If you want to make great memories, experience new things, meet wonderful people from all over the world and have warm fuzzies when you return from vacation, WSR is the place to go :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kim E
Newfield, New Jersey
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visited the ranch for the 4th time in late April for 10 days. What a time we had! First of all, we brought along my husbands brother and his wife, along with his sister and her friend. My brother-in-law hadn't ridden in 60 years and absolutely loved it! Especially the mountain rides! Another member of our group had never ridden before and was loping and doing team penning after only a day or two! We all took lessons while we were there. Kaitlynn was our wrangler. She was so great with us paying extra attention to those of us who needed it! She really gave my brother-in-law the confidence that he needed to make his stay so enjoyable. It has all been said before. This place is fabulous! The True family are wonderful hosts. The horses are great. The food and entertainment are top-notch. And then there are the wranglers. The wranglers are the connection to your ride. Each one is so friendly and eager to help in any way they can. Each one of them is different in their own way but all make every effort to insure that you enjoy your ride.

And so it is with the rest of the staff. From the front desk staff, especially Tom and Gabe, to the great servers and especially the True family. They all do their part to make your stay the best it can be. That's probably the reason that their is so much repeat business. I know that's why we are coming back in October and then again In April next year!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the casitas behind the gift shop 3 times and loved it, but the last time we stayed...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LollyK050
Burnham-on-Crouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is my first ranch experience. I am from the UK and an experienced Rider. Your first waking impressions are excellent with great surroundings, lodges and pool and Spa. On day one you find you way around the daily routine and the various rides you can do.

The wranglers and all staff are very helpful and the customer always comes first.

As this is a review it is just best for me to say that if you are looking for a new ride experience then you will enjoy this.

If you are from England fast rides do not involve any gallops and the rides are desert, dusty and very rocky in places. This is not a negative but a fact that will help ensure you know what to expect.

This ranch is suitable for all ages and Cattle Penning is a must activity for a new horse experience.

Many people come again year after year and that says a lot.

The ranch would be good for Corporate Team building events and if you have a group of friends who are riders then you will enjoy this as a group event for sure.

Me, I like to experience different rides so I will no doubt visit other ranches in different states but the thought of volunteering to work at this delightful ranch does appeal. The volunteers here are also great.

You will enjoy your stay here no matter your reason for travelling.

• Stayed May 2014
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I always a worry when booking riding holiday that the horses are well cared for and that they enjoy their job. I have just returned from 10 days at WSR and as a horse owner and regular rider was delighted with the super horse allocated to me for the entire holiday. I travelled alone but was made most welcome and soon met lots of new friends. A fabulous place for a vacation with lots of options for different levels of riders, many facilities, comfy beds and superb food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Alison J
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I won a two night all inclusive stay at the White Stallion Ranch, booked my room in January for a May stay. I was reluctant at first about a stay in May, it was truly a great time to choose to go, the weather was awesome (sunny and 105 degrees). Upon booking the trip, I was told we could come earlier than the check in time to join them in eating lunch, we were not sure if that was extra and was assured it was part of our stay, so we left early and had a great lunch at the ranch. Lunch was a BBQ turkey sandwich, salad and lemonade for myself, hubby had a BBQ beef sandwich with iced tea and salad. When we arrived Tom checked us on, he was knowledge, super friendly and offered to help us find our room, after lunch we took him up on his offer and he didn't seem to be put back by showing around, in fact, he seemed to enjoy doing so. This was a great way to introduce to our great weekend stay. From there, things just want wonderfully for us. We put off going riding until the following day, instead we enjoyed walking around to the petting zoo, seeing the cattle and horses. Friday night we had a choice of pork chops or roasted chicken, we all ate outside on their beautiful patio under the stars. Since it was my hubby's birthday, they brought out a birthday cake for him to enjoy and sang to him too. I will also add they do have a bar that is on the honor system, no limitations, you just chit off what you drank and turn in the paper to have them charge it to your room afterwards. At around 8 p.m., we gathered with a gentleman who showed us the stars with a high powered telescope, we saw Saturn, Mars and Jupiter as well as the moon rising over the Rincon mountains.
Saturday morning, we had a breakfast ride into the desert, where we had scrambled eggs, biscuits, blueberry pancakes, yogurt, fried potatoes and beverages, it was a nice slow ride back to enjoy the morning. After breakfast is done, you ride back to the ranch to enjoy the rest of the day until you decide what you want to do. There is no pressure or rushing to get things done at all, very relaxing. WE rode on the 2 p.m. slow ride into the mountains, it was not the least bit as hot as I thought it would be, it was slow and relaxing, the horses are well behaved and take good care of you.
Now for the horses' care, I could not believe how well Russell True and his staff take care of their precious babies. Each horse is well groomed and fed, they are spoken to in a kind caring voice and it shows in each horses' temperament.
Saturday afternoon, there was a rodeo where they played Proud to be an American on the speaker as a rider rode by carrying the American Flag proudly, they had other riders carrying flags representing the countries from where other guests came from. It was a proud moment for us Americans and guests alike. We watched barrel racing and cow roping, Russell gave us all lots of information on each event, which was wonderful to hear and see.
WE had an outdoor Indian oven cooked dinner consisting of roast beef, chicken, potatoes, carrots, garbano bean salad and bread. Dessert was a lemon creme cake with blueberry sauce. During dinner a gentleman was singing old cowboy, country songs to us all.
Each day was a great experience and one I will remember for a lifetime.

Just a few other things is the cool indoor experience of Roundup, which is a game and entertainment room for those who don't want to be in the heat of day. You can play video games like pacman, Foosball, billiards, table tennis and even watch a movie or two in the big movie room. There is also a beautiful sparkling pool and jacuzzi outside. There is a petting zoo for the whole family, outdoor tennis court, basketball court, playground for the kids or adults even. I just can't say enough of this wonderful place.

The room was spacious, up to date and comfortable with the southwestern feel to it. A refrigerator, safe, whirlpool tub all in the room for you to enjoy as well. We had fresh towels, lots of toiletries, the bed was clean and well made up for us.

I look forward to coming out again and doing a birthday weekend there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple