“Breathtakingly Magical x”

Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Ammanford
“Breathtakingly Magical x”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The True Family & all the staff deserve every single bit of positive feedback that you're reading here. Going back again in 2014......and 2015.......and 2016!!! We had an absolutely brilliant time and were extremely sad to leave :(

Room Tip: All the rooms are lush x
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Elaine G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just returned from our fourth year at The White Stallion Ranch and it only keeps getting better and better. We return each year with friends we met the first year we went and continue to grow friendships each year. Very hard to say anything more that has been said in other reviews it really is as good as everyone says. All the staff are absolutely amazing from the cleaners, cooks, waitresses (thanks Kerry for the Brownies), wranglers to the owners, they couldn't do more for you to make your stay enjoyable. We were given two perfectly matched horses to our ability, and enjoyed the fast lopes along the trails, team penning (an absolute must), great fun, to lessons we took as a group and special thanks to wrangler James for teaching us so much while having great time. It really is as good as everyone says, great fun, relaxing and so so hard to leave. Thank you everyone and looking forward to seeing you all again next year.

Sarah & Paul

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank paulrowlands66
Hove, England
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I picked the White Stallion based on the positive reviews that I had read here. The only thing I can say is just how very accurate they are. By the end of the first day I had done slow rides, fast rides, team penning, lassoing and line dancing. I also had a group of new friends from around the world that I felt I'd known for years.

There are plenty of trails to ride for both slow and fast riders. Even with the national park being shut, there are enough trails to ride in the ranch for a whole day without repetition.

The location is beautiful with lots of photo opportunities both within the ranch and on the trails. The wranglers are excellent, not only preparing the horses and leading the rides, but coming alongside and talking with you. Some would even hang around for a chat in the evening. The office staff are helpful beyond measure, as are the catering staff. Even the cleaning team are friendly.

The facilities are great, though time wise I only really used the pool because I was riding so much. Its more than possible to be riding most of the morning and most of the afternoon.

The food is wonderful and it would be easy to seriously over eat and there is plenty of variety for breakfast lunch and dinner. Breakfast out in the desert is certainly a must and I will be trying out the recipe for their breakfast potatoes.

Despite all that is going on, there is a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere at the ranch and it is a real chance to get away from things. There isn't the need to leave the place if you don't want to.

Many people have said that the hardest thing to do is to leave at the end of the trip. They are right. Of all the holidays I have been on, this has been the hardest to leave.

I have already re-booked for a second visit. I doubt it will be my last.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Whitewash1970
LOW Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Can't believe we just came back from our 5th annual White Stallion holiday - they must be doing something right! 4 friends from across Canada have made this a yearly visit and there is no better place to relax, have fun, get a little 'eqwine' therapy and enjoy the services and hospitality of a first class dude ranch. This year we were treated to newly renovated accommodations - fantastic job, by the way, and as always, the warm welcome and great service offered by the True family and their staff. The food, service, riding, scenery can't be beat and you won't find a better value anywhere for an active holiday of this type. To everyone at White Stallion: the Canadian contingent will see you again September 2014!

Room Tip: We've seen all the rooms and they are clean, comfortable and well-maintained.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
cwmbran
Reviewed October 20, 2013

OK, not sure what to add to the previous reviews but this place is just great. We read all the reviews before we booked and before we visited and we were definitely thrilled with with how our stay lived up to its reputation. The rooms are smart, clean and tidy not that we spent much time there as there was so much to do during the days. All the staff really are great, from breakfast to bed everyone greets you with a smile and I have to say the wranglers really look after you, Russel keeps you organised regarding rides ( really funny too) and the kitchen staff keep you well fed. The food well, we had ribs one night and for the next 3 days my wife said "OMG the ribs" every hour or so! Very good food. If that was not enough the horse riding is excellent for the the area and climate. Slow rides, fast rides, half day rides, all day rides, beer rides ( Wow) all on horses in great condition and well matched to the rider. Also evening entertainment and pool were all spot on. Team penning is a must. OMG the ribs!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nathan l
Felton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I are avid trail riders. We own our own horses and travel the east coast. For vacations I usually find myself crossing the Colorado Rockies or scaling some other mountain on a pack trip by horseback. We met 2 other couples (3 or the 4 are avid riders) at the WSR and I was looking forward to it but not overly excited as I really didn't think they could live up to our expectations when it came to the riding. Boy, was I wrong! The staff does a fabulous job of matching you to a horse that is compatible for your riding abilities. While all guests have to ride a slow ride and pass a riding test before hitting a fast ride or an all day ride, once that is complete the riding does not disappoint!

Each day consisted of riding anywhere from 5-7 hours depending on what we wanted to do. One day we chose the fast and slow rides in the am and pm, another day a fast ride in the a.m. and 1/2 day in the afternoon. Tuesday and Thursdays I spent both days riding the long rides (7-8 hrs) and our final day was a flat slow ride accompanied by a 1/2 day afternoon ride. My horse, Blaze was fit, ready, happy and eager to do his job but I wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't happy to see me leave! He definetely deserves to be the horse of the month after toting me around all 5 days! If riding the 1/2 day ride doesn't suit your fancy, there is also team penning which is what our other friends chose to do and boy did they have a blast!

I can't say enough good things about all the staff at the ranch. From the email exchanges prior to arriving, Ron's smile when he picked us up from the shuttle, Jodie checking us in and giving us a walking tour before delivering us to our room. Laura, Beston, Matt, Jeremiah, James, David were the best wranglers anyone could ask for. They are extremely knowledgable about the ranch, the desert, the wildlife and history. They knew each and every horse like it was their own and never forgot a guest's name! Russell was amazing at setting up the rides, making sure he had your horse ready when you arrived at the stables and giving us the low down on each option at dinner the night before, even if he did lose his voice! The wait staff was just as wonderful! How they knew everyone's name and addressed us was amazing!

After spending long hours in the saddle, taking a dip in the pool and relaxing in the hot tub felt divine and after one of the really long days, a relaxing massage was divine!

The buffet style food never disappointed. There was always a huge selection to chose from so if you weren't fond of one item, there was another you could pick from. The breakfast specials were also delicious every day. From steak and eggs to eggs benedict, there was always a variety.

The ranch provided evening entertainment each night after dinner as well. From finding your inner painting talent to an gazing at the stars with an astrologer and trick roper and line dancing lessons.

The accomodations didn't disappoint either. We stayed in a Deluxe Double, the room was large with ample room and had a king size bed. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and we didn't even miss not having a tv! Had it not been in the 90's every day we probably would have even tried out the fire place.

If you are an avid rider and always wanted to try a Guest Ranch Vacation, WSR is the place for you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gmmosley
Brewood, Staffordshire
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. The White Stallion Ranch ticks every box. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left EVERYTHING was exactly right. The way they manage to team you up with the ideal horse is amazing. The rides are as exciting or as relaxing as you want them to be. The team penning was by far the best bit, I could have done that all day. There was a (hotter than usual) heat wave the week we were there which (for me) took a lot of getting use to. We arrived at 11.40 PM and it was 98 degrees !!!!!! The days were VERY hot but as long as you drink plenty of water you'll be fine. The food blew my hair back, none of the usual American high sugar, high fat, plastic rubbish. All home made and of the highest quality. This was our first trip and the second trip is now being planned. We would have booked before we left but after seeing the photos I posted on Facebook each day of the holiday several friends and family members want to come next time so we've got a bit of organising to do re dates. This holiday was everything we wished it would be and then a whole lot more. Been back a week and am missing it like crazy. We'll be back !!!!!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends