3,195 results
All reviews gold room chef's garden gold restaurant lower pool lookout bar hummingbird garden tennis courts junior suite main pool horseback riding desert view walking trails nature trail whole foods beautiful grounds hot tub our room was spacious
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The grounds are beautiful and the food is very good and the service is good but the rooms are getting run down and need some serious attention. Wood furniture needs to be refinished. Countertops are scratched. The first room we were put in was literally the worst hotel room we had ever been in so we asked for an upgrade, which we got. Huh nicer but still needs work. Cleaning staff is fine tough.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mary Beth S, Director of Sales at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the feedback & great review! We have an exciting renovation planning in the near future, including the guest rooms. We hope you return again to see all the upgrades!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed the stay at this resort. Above all, I really enjoyed the nature trails on the property and walked them several times. The naturalist, Ramundo, was so knowledgeable and friendly. I am a swimmer so really liked that among the numerous pools, there was a lap pool. I swam in it several times.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived late after a long day of driving and the first thing we encountered was the lovely property, and beautiful accommodations. We then went to eat in the Restaurant-Gold, and were seated overlooking a beautiful full moon rising. When we began ordering we were greeted by our incredible server who not only was very knowledgeable about the menu she was incredible in the service she provided. Megan made the incredible food that much better. Making sure all our needs were met as well as keeping us in an endless supply of gluten free bread. I can not say enough about her service and her personality.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Mary Beth S, Director of Sales at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a family reunion here during the month of May. I had been working with Lorraine for the past 5 months organizing this event. Emails were going back and forth and everything seemed in order except she was going to be gone the weekend we were there. I was looking forward to meeting her. Upon check-in my room and my cousin’s room were not as requested. At first I was pretty upset due to all the preliminary planning that had been done. However, as we worked through the issue with Alicia , who was amazing, everything worked out—took awhile but we finally got there. The resort is definitely undergoing renovation but the weekend ended up being full of many wonderful memories. The food was amazing to say the least as was the service (room and poolside). Everyone on the property was very friendly and offering help when needed. We had the Sunday buffet and everyone raved about it!! My cousin had recommended this resort because she grew up in Tucson and had been involved in class reunions many times over the years. Her experience had always been very positive. Thanks for the memories!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback & great review! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What I liked the most was a guided tour by Raymundo Ocampo of the nature preserve right on the grounds. He was so informative about plants and animals. I learned so much about plants and their uses, particularly by early Native Americans. One of the highlights was seeing Great Horned Owls high up in the trees. The owls were keeping a discerning eye on us since they had juvenile offspring nearby. The grounds are so pretty that I walked around the nature trail the next day with my cousin.

I enjoyed the two restaurants. They share the same kitchen but had different menus.

All staff were nice and offered to help with anything.

Room tip: Our room was on the second floor and faced the desert and mountains, which was what I had requested.