3,047 results
All reviews gold room chef's garden gold restaurant lower pool lookout bar hummingbird garden tennis courts junior suite main pool horseback riding walking trails nature trail beautiful grounds hot tub fitness center quail king bed
Reviewed October 5, 2018

How can they call this "luxury"? Look on their website and you will see the word "luxury" is used over and over. As soon as I pulled up I had a bad feeling. No people around..no signs saying "guest registration" or "check in"...after driving around aimlessly for 12 minutes I finally found an incredibly small sign that said "Lobby." As soon as I walked in I knew I should have turned and ran the other way. But I couldn't because it is "Family Weekend" at the University of Arizona and every hotel is fully booked. I am not the high maintenance/expensive taste kind of person. I think I have only written one negative hotel review ever (and I travel frequently). I have been to Tucson many times over the last 2 years to visit my son and have had only wonderful experiences. Not this time!

This place is so disgusting and creepy and I'M STUCK here. Last night, I took my son and his friends out for dinner and when I came back the entire place was dark. Not normal sort of dark, but DARK! The parking spaces are down the road a bit, so I parked my car and I had to navigate through the lot, over small and large rocks, sidewalks, cactus and stairs trying to find my room. I tripped over something on my way and am sitting with ice on my neck as I write this review. I couldn't see one foot in front of me. It was downright terrifying. I called the front desk and the man said something is wrong with their electrical system and that all their lights had gone out. I seriously debated staying in my son's dorm. I notified the hotel that I fell, so that they would take action to protect others. Back up lighting...flashlights...some sort of warning....anything? They did nothing about it and offered no apology or solution. No understanding or empathy and a complete shirking of their responsibility. I suppose bad hotels won't do much and good hotels wouldn't put you in this situation.

I could pick apart this hotel for a host of other reasons, (trash that sits around the property for days...dirty....musty...in room safe is broken...and much more) but, I don't have the time to list it all. I certainly don't think it's reasonable to expect perfection when traveling, so I will keep the rest of the negative comments to myself.

I have documented many of this hotel's failures (and there were many) with photos and would be pleased to share them. Suffice it to say, there is nothing I am aware of that would appropriately describe this hotel as "luxury" and this is THE WORST hotel I've stayed in while in Tucson, hands down.

Stayed: October 2018
Mary Beth S, Director of Sales at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize you did not enjoy your stay at Westward Look. Your comments have been shared with the staff so we may improve from the issues you experienced.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

I've stayed at the Westward Look four times in the past 20 years. I realize that maintaining such a large property is difficult and probably quite costly so I easily overlooked the older carpet in our room. Our rooms have always been large and comfortable and clean. In my opinion, where Westward Look excels in in the outdoor spaces - the desert landscaping, the three swimming pools (one of which is a dedicated lap pool for those who swim for exercise), the hot tubs, tennis courts, trail and meditation circle. I grew up in Tucson. I know there are plenty of nice places to stay. The Westward Look remains my favorite.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Mary Beth S, Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thank you for the review Maddy M. We do love our outdoor settings and glad you were able to enjoy them as well. We will pass on your kind words to our hardworking landscape team. We do have some exciting renovations planned in the near future and hope you return to take advantage of all the updates.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

this place is in the middle of nowhere. check in was fast and efficient. The room was average and tired. we got a junior suite. we were in building 11, there was no wifi.
when you check for available wifi, we saw building 12 and 10 but not building 11. we were staying for only 1 night. When we got to our room, it looked like someone had slept on the bed, it was not done, and there was trash and a bottle of wine in the trash.
we asked for another room and got the adjoining room. someone promptly came to us with new room keys. the new room was the clean but the tv nearest to the bad had a terrible connection so we couldn't use it. the biggest gripe for us was that the shower only opened in so you would have to get wet turning it on and let it run.
the resort fee is $28 per day, a little hefty especially when you did nothing but sleep and not use any of the "resort" amenities which I don't know what they were.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review Daniel S. We are sorry to learn you did not entirely enjoy your time at our resort. Our $25 resort fee includes many things, including complimentary USA today, use of our bikes and helmets, a guided nature tour, WiFi, and many other amenities. We have some great renovations planned for the property in the near future, and we hope you return to check out all the updates.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

If you looking for a place that offers true Southwestern look, comfort and customer service.....here it is! My wife and I decided on Westward look over all other resorts for my son's rehersal dinner last month. Lori took care of us like we were family and was "On call" the entire time! We recieved several compliments from friends and family about the views, food, activities, room space and the staff!

Thank You Westward Look!

We'll be back!

Room Tip: In Tuscon, rooms are for sleeping.........Get out, there's so much to do!
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family

Thank you scottmadden9 for the great review. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your experience at our beautiful resort. And we will pass on your rave review to Lori! We hope you return soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

No internet over two days, TV kept cutting out-reported twice, no desert views, just a large tree and the swimming pool despite the resort being mostly empty. Will not be returning that does not deliver on it's promises.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Johnuk35 and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our team tries very hard to accommodate guest requests, and we are disappointed to learn that we fell short for you. Typically if a guest requests a room change, we accommodate whenever possible. We hope you do return to give us another chance.