3,041 results
All reviews gold room chef's garden gold restaurant lower pool lookout bar tennis courts junior suite main pool horseback riding desert view walking trails nature trail beautiful grounds whole foods hot tub fitness center quail
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I stayed at the Westward Look Hotel with my family in March earlier this year and had a wonderful trip. The room was updated and spacious and the views around the resort are beautiful! So, when I visited Tucson again this month I booked a room at the Westward Look. Upon check in, around 4 pm, the lady at the front desk informed me that the room I booked, the junior suite, was unavailable to due the hotel being filled to capacity. Instead, she informed us that we would be getting an upgrade to a room with a Jacuzzi. While this sounded amazing at first, I soon came to find that the room only had one bed with no pull out sofa. With a family of 4 this was less than ideal. They brought us one roll away bed so one of my daughters had to sleep on the floor. I called for extra sheets and blankets and had to wait 45 minutes and call twice before receiving them. I would have left the hotel but everything decent nearby was booked up.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
WWL-Martin, Media Services Coordinator at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear MCSteinbach,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so sorry to hear about this expereince you've had with us. It is not a normal circumstance that the resort is filled to capacity and we apologize for that happening during your stay. There is no reason sheets should have taken that long. We would love to try and show you how great this resort is, hopefully you'll stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Though it's a little older resort, that adds to the character. The rooms are very spacious and very clean and comfy. The sports bar is great and drink prices are not bad especially during happy hour. The restaurant gets great reviews but we found the service slow and food ok. Hope it was a one off because everything else was great. Highly recommend...

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear Bill M,

Thank you for leaving a review! We're so glad you enjoyed our resort! It's also great to hear that you enjoyed the restaurants. it is not normal what you experienced with service but hopefully we can improve on your next visit!

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

This was a great get away from the valley! Beautiful, secluded property. Brandy at the front desk and Crystal at the bar really made are trip even more special. Most of all, the blond haired lady who worked at the tennis proshop( I apologize for forgetting her name) was simply profound. She even took action shots of my boy friend and I playing! She truly was a blessing!!! Will definitely return because of the staff and buildings.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear ajfenton2135,

Thank you for leaving a review! It's great to hear you had such a good time on our property!Hopefully you're planning on booking another stay in the near future! I will also personally send this review to their respective managers so they can get the recognition they deserve!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

We just spent two nights at the Westward Look and had looked forward to quiet and relaxation after busy work weeks. Unfortunately, we left disappointed. While the lobby and common areas were very nice and tastefully appointed, our room felt dated and in dire need of a makeover. The lamps and chairs looked like they had seen much better times. The toilet seat in the bathroom was made out of plastic and not even aligned right, and they offered paper cups for a tooth brush holder. We paid $486 for two nights, which is highway robbery considering that I've stayed in motels for $99 a night with better amenities.
Even worse, we were unable to relax in our room (116) during the day, because of the high noise level coming from the pool (which is small and looks dated too by the way). People were yelling, kids were screaming. Of course, guests and especially children should use the pool and have fun, but then I expect that my room is sound-proofed. As it was, we were woken up at 8:30am by noise and screaming from the pool, which lasted ALL DAY. So much for peaceful relaxation!
Upon checking out, we told the lady at the front desk about the noise level and that we would have appreciated a "warning" before checking in. She mumbled a perfunctory "I'm sorry" and that was it. Bottom Line: Although the grounds and the scenery around the Westward Look are delightful, charging $243 and then delivering motel-style accommodation and quality isn't! Truly disappointing!

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, don't get a room "with pool view"
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LizzyBennett12
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Enjoyed our time and a restful night at this resort. This resort is spread over a wide area and the guests are not crowded together. Parking is available close to your unit. Large bathroom and well lit sinks and mirror, easy to shave and apply makeup. Very restful sleep. Make sure you get the thermostat set before you go to bed, the air in our unit flowed directly over the bed. You pay for high speed Internet, regular connection of two devices is free.

Room Tip: Request ground floor to avoid steps, be specific.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
WWL-Martin, Media Services Coordinator at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear Past_Master_1992,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay! We greatly appreciate all of your kind words. Hopefully you'll come back for another stay very soon!