“Annual trip doesn'the disappoint” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #31 of 130 Hotels in Tucson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Tubac, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The setting was perfect and the facility was very, very nice. The rooms were appointed beautifully. Staff was very helpful and welcoming. Will definitely stay there again when spending the night in Tucson.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear TubacSue,

Thank you for the high marks and glowing review. It was pleasure to hear that we met and exceeded all of your expectations. Your kind words are very reinforcing to the efforts of our entire staff. Again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in town.

Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The quality of the property is fantastic, we have stayed there in years past for other conferences and that is why we returned. I was very disappointed in the fact that their internet/TV service was poor and mostly not functional! I spoke to the front desk more than once and they politely said they knew and would have it looked into. I was finally able to use the internet the morning I left. :(

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear Rick R,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your conference here. Please accept my apologies for the poor internet/television services. You will be happy to hear that we are currently undergoing the process to improve those services for your next conference. Once more, thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again.

Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The room we stayed in was very nice and large - much more like "suites" from hotels we have stayed in. The 2 beds were small (double size), but comfy. LOVED the pillows and forgot to ask about them because we would like them for our home.

One of the TVs was missing a remote. When we called about it someone was sent to with it quickly. Unfortunately the TV still had some kind of problem and he was not able to fix it while we were there.

The pools I wasn't so excited about. Many have mentioned here not liking the pools because of noisy splashing kids. The first pool we looked at had no kids and rules not to splash posted. I suspect that how full the resort is and when it is has a great deal to do with this. Since we had 2 teens this was kind of disappointing to them. They both longed for our own pool in Phoenix because this was no fun. We found there were other pools so went to the center one. This one had a basketball hoop and basketballs so my kids felt a little more comfortable to actually play in it. There were still signs of no splashing, but it was low key enough the kids were ok. In this pool though the water felt slightly gritty/slimy - hard to describe.

We ordered a number of appetizers from the bard and immediately brought them back to our room. The fries were ok. The guacamole and chips were good. The salsa was excellent! Seriously wanted to take some home with me. By the way you can get guac and chips or you can get salsa and chips. When I asked about getting both without more chips then the bartender told me that I could buy the guac and then just buy the salsa for $1 - great solution. The crostini - well I think it would have tasted good. We didn't take much time going from the bar to our room and ate right away, but by that time the crusted bread was soggy.

I don't know if there was supposed to be a microwave in our room or not. Didn't see one. The fridge was hidden under the bathroom counter. It was a little awkward to get to it and the cupbard door opened one way and the fridge the opposite.

Like others have said - parking is bad.

Overall I was expecting more for a resort. This was the first one I had stayed in and it really didn't have anything more than a really nice hotel has.

Room Tip: If you want a quite room ask for rooms away from the main pool. If you want a pool for the kids ask...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Patty H,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your insight with us. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your time here. You will be happy to hear that we are currently undergoing an update to improve our television services. If you require a microwave for your room, then just let us know and we will be happy to set up one for your room. Again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Lucedale, Ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I had a long weekend stay here. Everyone from the security guards, front desk (day & night), housekeeping and food service employees were all professional, helpful and friendly. The property is beautiful and well kept. My room or villa was big and modern with an old hacienda feel. I loved it. Room service was prompt. I utilized the nature trail, a little difficult to run but was a great workout. I didn't use the pools but they looked clean. The fitness center was also wonderful. I forgot my yoga mat and they loaned me one to use each morning. Overall I was most impressed with how accommodating the staff was and how nice the room was.

Room Tip: I had room 146 in building 6, loved it! No significant view but great location.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Latricia21,

Thank you for the glowing review and high marks. It was a pleasure to hear that our staff was responsive and attentive to your needs. Your kind words are very reinforcing to the efforts of our entire staff.

Once more thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to the next time you are in town!