“another fantastic trip to Miraval!”

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I just returned from yet another fantastic ttrip to Miraval. Miraval is a very special place. Their programs and spa offerings are some of the best I have ever experienced and I have stayed at some of the best spa's in the country. The food and service is always exceptional. I particularly love the special attention that each spa technician/specialist gives you. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Thanks so much for the kudos! It's great to hear that each massage therapist, specialist, and staff member that you interacted with helped to provide the personalized Miraval experience we strive to create for each of our guests. I look forward to your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed February 14, 2011

If you want to find yourself, then Miraval is THE PLACE TO GO! I have been to Miraval more than once, and each time is a little bit better for me than the last. I have learned so much about myslef and how to decompress after a hard day or any sttressful situation.
I was in an accident 34 years ago, and have had a limp ever since, but after spending time with Randy Flora, (Personal Trainer ) at Miraval, I no longer have a limp.
Everyone who works at Miraval, from the GM, Michael Tompkins, to trainers, counselors, wait staff, guest Relations down to house keeping, is beyond wonderful. They will do everything in their power to make you stay as Pleasurable and wonderful as possible.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2011

You are so kind! Hearing your story about how Randy helped you recover from a longstanding injury is exactly why I love my job and believe in what we do here at Miraval. Our specialists are absolutely amazing and stories like yours are unforgettable. I can't thank you enough for sharing about your experience. We so looking forward to having you back at Miraval soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2011

I had been looking at Miraval for several years but was given the trip as a gift from my daughter. I was concerned about being there alone-but need not have been. I met some really wonderful women traveling alone and a few couples but still had plenty of time to myself when I chose. I think the very best thing was amazing solitude! But being able to stay in exercise clothing or spa robes-even during meals-made the whole experience relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed the conference with Dr. Andrew Weil and all the other courses offered at the resort on a variety of health and wellness topics. But the best experiences were the Zip-Line and Equine Experience. Who knew I could climb a 45ft pole? And of course, the time spent with the horses was rewarding in a number of ways. There seemed to be so much food-even though portion sizes were not my usual-but I enjoyed every bite and was never, ever hungry! Staff members were always helpful-and a special mention of Alan, the young man who transported me too and from the airport. He prepared me well for how to navigate the resort and was simply kind and very friendly. I would go back to Miraval on his service alone! My initial stay was to be 5 nights but I extended to 7 because I was enjoying my time so much! Will hopefully return when my stressful life catches up with me again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for sharing about your recent stay! I'm so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time here with everything from the food to the airport transfers all the way down to the Zipline on our challenge course! The Equine Experience is a signature Miraval offering that has been helping our guests for many years and I love hearing from you that it continues to be so powerful and supportive. We so look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 10, 2011

Our stay started off ruff with having the wrong room, getting turned away from activities and spa treatments but once we brought these issues to Ben, the manager he made the rest of our stay amazing! He really wants everyone to have a great experience because he gave us over $1000.00 is free treatments and activities of our choice. We will be returning soon. We will be planning everything ahead however because that is the most important thing to do when coming here!!!!!

One thing I didn't like was the no cellphone rule, there is one outdoor area that cell phones are allowed but other than that they can only be used in your room. Problem with that however is cellphones are now used as cameras, every time we took out our phone we would get dirty looks and my better half was even yelled at by another guest for taking pictures with her phone of wildlife.

Some other things you should know about the resort, the food is healthy only but surprisingly really good and I'm very picky! The spa is one of a kind with some amazing treatments, if your feeling adventurous try the Sensorium! Its the only one in the world and it is AMAZING!!! The inventor is a therapist here and can tailor the experience to you!
Finally there is NO tipping!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. I'm glad to know that Ben and the rest of our team were able to make your stay so memorable. To your point about the need to book private sessions and spa services in advance of your arrival, it is a very good point if there are many specific specialists you want to see while you're here. If, however, you are looking to experience our Clue-In Activities like fitness, yoga, hiking, lectures with specialists, etc. then planning so far in advance is not at all necessary.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't appreciate our cell phone policy. In this digital age, we understand the possibility that our policy may seem inconvenient; however, our cell phone policy is one of the ways that we create an environment where all of our guests can embrace and experience mindfulness and truly be able to relax and unwind.

I'm glad that you enjoyed our food and our newest spa experience Taiz Sensorium. It is a treatment at the forefront of the spa industry and I'm glad to know that you loved it as much as I do. I hope to see you again soon at Miraval!

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I visited Miraval after a painful divorce to recuperate, recover and let go. I followed the on-line instructions and made a detailed plan of activities—workshops, challenges, sessions, spa treatments, and meals—for my three-day sojourn. Not being a person who readily embraces new age spirituality, I was open-minded but a bit apprehensive. I quickly learned that there was nothing to worry about. From the moment we were greeted at the airport by a friendly staff member until long after our stay at Miraval, everything unfolded flawlessly and none of it as I had so carefully planned.

Miraval is a place of rejuvenation, restoration and health: mind, body and spirit. The staff, the guests, and the place itself—surrounded by natural beauty and catering to comfort and ease—emanate an aura of serenity and harmonious synchrony. The food is delicious and healthy, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the beds heavenly.

If one activity is unavailable, three more become available to take its place. I changed my mind frequently according to how I felt and it was as though I was led to the next right thing again and again. For the first time in many months, I found nothing to be stressed about as every choice was simple and every choice felt perfect. I learned to ‘go with the flow’ at Miraval and it is a gift that I continue to treasure.

I went to Miraval to let go and left, instead, feeling re-connected to life. It was nothing short of a Miraval miracle.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Your beautifully written words speak volumes and make me feel so proud to be part of our Miraval team. I loved hearing how you had planned out every moment of your stay before your arrival and then felt the freedom and support to instead allow the Miraval experience to unfold naturally. We so look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed January 28, 2011

This was my third visit to Miraval and it was a wonderful experience! The food was so delicious you never felt like it was spa cuisine. It is truly a destination for renewal for your soul. Overall I encountered an incredible caring staff of fitness instructors offering great classes throughout the day. The spa services are fantastic and most of the spa therapists were great.
This is a wonderful destination for traveling solo or with friends.
You will leave there feeling truly rejuvenated!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Thank you for the kind words! Glad you savored our food and enjoyed our classes and spa services. We so appreciate you coming back to Miraval for a third time and it's so nice to hear that you had such a wonderful trip yet again! After one more visit, you'll qualify for our Authentic Circle Loyalty Program... very exciting indeed! Wishing you all the best from Tucson and hope to see you back at Miraval soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

A business group visited Miraval in January, 2011 as the inspirational place to have a business meeting that centered around well being. From the arrival welcome with Adam, to the catering department with Jasmine, Diana and George, everything was on time, guests needs always met with a smile,...the entire experience was beyond expectations. Hope to return with another group!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience and for recognizing our amazing staff. The team here always makes me proud and I'm glad we could exceed your expectations. We look forward to hosting your next meeting here or welcoming you on a personal visit with friends or family!