I recently stayed 6 nights at Miraval and had mostly a wonderful experience. I went with a little trepidation as many of the recent reviews have been negative. That being said I noticed that most of the negative reviews were by people who had stayed there in the past and were comparing it to their previous stay. I had nothing to compare my trip to except the trip itself. Upon arrival my van was not there because my plane was 1 hour1/2 early. I called and they told me to take a taxi so i didnt have to wait and they would pay for it. I thought that was a very classy way to start the trip off and it immediately put a good taste in my mouth.
The food was average to good at breakfast and lunch, but the dinners were absolutely out of this world fantastic!! It was almost like you were eating at two different places. Maybe there were different chefs from the afternoon to the evening. I really loved the smoothie bar/juice bar. It was great and very healthy!
The room was very nice complete with a Bose Wave radio which was great to play cds on. The bed was soooo comfortable!!! I slept so well! There was a scorpion in my room one night, but the management quickly removed it. That didnt bother me though because I realized I was on nature's turf.
The challenge activities are the best part of Miraval. I am a man, and it was fun to challenge myself and go on hikes and mountain bike etc.. There is so much to do and you never get bored. This is also a great place to go by yourself. It was easy to meet people and also great to be alone there.
The spa services were fine. I am a bit of a snob about this sort of thing though as I have great people in New York. The Thai massage and the aqua zen therapy were my favorite things. The stomach massage I do not recommend. That may just a personal choice though. The quiet room was also a great place to meditate and find some peace.
The pool was great and very peaceful. The only thing that seemed a little negative about the place is that the management doesnt seem to be in the same state of mindfulness that the place is trying to encourage. It feels VERY corporate and like it doesnt match somehow. It was kind of weird I have to admit. I always felt so great when around the instructors and the leaders of the challenges and as soon as I got around management I felt like they were pretending to care. It was kind of strange, but I was willing to let that go and have a wonderful time anyway. It could also just be the transitional phase of going coorporate.
Mostly Miraval is wonderful though and I cannot wait to return. I hope that they dont get too big too fast........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa