$90
$76
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$150
$101
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$198
$108
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$101
$71
$105
Hotels.com
$165
$129
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$140
$124
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$179
$149
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

$127
$116
$169
$161
1,457 results
All reviewsequine experiencethai massagejuice barcardio drummingfloating meditationquantum leapspirit flightchallenge courseaqua zenmeditation classesandrew wolfphotography classno tipping policylife changingpersonal growthmountain bikingguest services
Reviewed October 3, 2010

This is my third stay at Miraval. On my last trip, I had one of the most uncomfortable massage experiences I have ever had. I had scheduled the Ayurvedic treatment (which I had had on my previous stay and LOVED).With David, however, the entire experience was horrible. Since this was the only bad experience I had during my stay, I chose not to make an issue out of it. However, after suffering through a Thai massage treatment with David last night and experiencing the SAME EXACT TYPES of BEHAVIORS, I have decided others should be warned. I am hoping to save someone the agony of a treatment with him when there are so many other wonderful therapists at Miraval!
Here are just a few observations made during both of my therapies (which were 9 months apart):First, both were supposed to be 80 minute treatments but were cut short by almost 15 minutes each time. David was the last therapist to come get me for the treatments and I was the first out of the treatment rooms both times. This is not right;Upon meeting me for my treatments, David immediately began asking if I had had these types of treatments before at Miraval or anywhere else. When I said yes, both times he immediately asked who my therapist were. During both therapies (which were 9 months apart, remember) he began to justify why he would probably do it differently (which he continued to do throughout both treatmets..."is this how you remembered it," "every therapist does it differently", etc...)...this is very uncomfortable for a client! I have never had another therapist anywhere do this; David was what I felt was both rough and inconsiderate during both treatments(i.e.-during one of the Ayurveda he left me completely uncovered from the waist the up while my eyes were covered; even when I complained I was cold. I had to insist he cover me. H also asked me "Do you find yourself tensing up a lot" The answer is "Yes, when I am uncomfortable!" If you are a massage therapist who is doing "energy treatments" one would assume you would "pick up" on this "energy"); David appears to have an "agenda" and does not seem to deviate from that; I asked him to focus on my neck and shoulders as that was my problem area during both treatments; he spent about 10 minutes of what should have been 80 minute treatments, but were actually 65 minute treatments on those areas.
I have had wonderful experiences with every other therapist I have had at Miraval, but David does not come anywhere near meeting the Miraval standard. Take my advice and when booking, ask who your therapist is. If they are booking you with David....RUN...RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
22  Thank shellman
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Spent a few days at Miraval. Stayed in the Villas, which are magnificent. Huge living area and top of the line kitchen equipment and most stunning views of the mountains. Big bedroom with separate shower, tub, toilet, washing area, and even an outdoor shower. Attached casita with walk in closet, den, and both units had a spa off the bedroom! Just perfect!!! I can't comment on the regular rooms as I never saw one. The actual resort itself is beautiful, lots of species of suculents and photo worthy. Sculptures scattered throughout the grounds as well. Water falls and flowing streams trhoughout the property. I attended a few classes and found them informative. Food was tasteless or otherwise too heavily seasoned with spices and herbs - definitely needs to be looked at. Breakfast and lunch both buffet style, though at lunch they do offer one entree. If you do not chose this, there is a full salad bar with protein options such as boiled eggs, tofu, diced chicken available as well. I had a number of spa services, which were very good, - spa personnel very attentive and pleasant. Overall, a good stay and I would most definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Spottyonetwo
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2010

Thank you for sharing about your experience with us! It's so nice to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our Villas. They were designed to combine the indoor and outdoor spaces to allow the home to blend naturally into the beautiful desert landscape. As for the sculptures you mention seeing around property, we are committed to having gorgeous works of art on property at all times. We have also recently rejuvenated our Artist-in-Residence program where the artists whose work we feature around the resort come to stay for one or two weeks in the Fall to lead workshops or hold demos for our guests. Sorry to hear that our cuisine didn't meet your expectations. As you suggest, we try to serve a wide variety of options at each meal to meet the needs of all our guests taking into account dietary restrictions and simple matters of taste. We look forward to your return visit and are more than happy to discuss your dietary wishes with our culinary team prior to your arrival.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

This place is really an ideal spa retreat. It is small and intimate. Everyone is pleasant, including the guests. The activities offered are fabulous. They have just about anything you can imagine. I participated in the equine experience, hiking, mountain biking, yoga, water conditioning, meditation, and a photography class. My favorite activity was mountain biking. I ended up having a private lesson because no one else showed up for the class. It was incredible. Matthew, one of the instructors, had me cruising in no time. We conquered the same hills that the hikes take place on and it was thrilling to come speeding down. I really felt so at ease and comfortable here. Go if you want a Four Season like experience. I only like the best and this was it! And get the outdoor sweet slumber scrub/massage it was so relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank 77Girl

Thank you so much for your heartfelt words! We're so glad to hear that you had such a great mountain biking experience- we definitely have some wonderful trails here and it's a perfect place for people to try mountain biking for the first time. As for Sweet Slumber, I can't imagine a more relaxing spa service to get you ready for a great night's sleep.

We make the comfort of our guests a top priority so thank you for sharing that you felt so at ease here with us. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2010

Three is a charm or at least one hopes this to be the case when visiting a spa like Miraval.

Over the past few years, the winter economy has come South. There have been cut backs in staff and quality of programs. Most of the speakers seemed to be doing promotions for their services instead on imparting what used to be very helpful information about lifestyle choices.

The meals are still very good and the juice bar has wonderful mint lemonade, which proved to be addictive.

The newest addition to the soft adventure: the Zipline, cost extra and was not as thrilling as the (free) Swing and a Prayer.

The sting came at the end of the visit as the price of the spa services or one on one meetings did not include taxes and gratuities. So imagine, a massage for $130 became a massage for over $160. Please.

I do not recall these deep pocket additions from previous visits. What looked to be a good deal in comparison to Canyon Ranch prices, became less so.

I suppose you could get a good deal if you did not use the spa or other consultations but then you would be missing a full spa experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Adventure_Waits
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Just returned from my 8th trip to Miraval. I've gone to other resorts/spas but nothing compares...across the board. REJUVENATING and RELAXING. Just what I needed to recharge my batteries.

If you haven't been to Miraval, you need to go! You won't want to leave.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Hillary016

Your 8th trip to Miraval! Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your love for Miraval with the world. We are so appreciative of guests like you who serve as ambassadors and continually share the gift of Miraval with others. We hope to see you back again soon!