“Back on top!”

Ranked #6 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson
“Back on top!”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

After a couple of bumpy years, Miraval has returned to its former luster. With an outstanding staff, facilities, food and aura, this gem is sparkling anew! You will never feel as cared for, stroked, massaged and challenged as you will at Miraval.

• Stayed March 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
MenemshaSunset
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Been to many and this is heads and shoulders above the rest. The would go just to eat the food it's that good. The staff is extraordinary and accommodating-many have been there for years. The services are simply the best. Definitely try the water zen! My husband swears by the daily hikes which range from 2 hours to 4 - with varying degrees of difficulty. This place even has a bar- The perfect spot to pamper and renew.
This will be an annual for sure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
midwest
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Fifth trip to Miraval in January. It was the best yet. Service was nearly perfect. Weather was perfect. I have found that a trip to Miraval is what you make it. If you choose to step outside your comfort zone and take advantage of the many different offerings, it's difficult not to experience some self-reflection and growth. Go with an open mind and a desire to enhance your life and you'll get a great return on your investment. Highly recommend the "Spirit Flight," the holographic memory resolution, "soul journey" and a Thai massage with Peter. I'll return.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank lvtrvl13
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My friend and I just got back from Miraval. It was the very first time we ever went to a destination spa and it was a wonderful experience! Expensive, but wonderful. The only thing that I would change would be the time of year that we went. It was a little too chilly. Since it is the desert, the nights and morning were freezing! During the day it barely hit 70 degrees. Other than that, it was a great experience. The Restaurant - The food was healthy and delicious with buffets in the morning and for lunch. You could order off a limited menu, but the buffets had everything that you could want. Dinner was relaxed, casual. The food was not only delicous but a work of art. Presentation was impressive. Atmosphere was perfect for the end of your day. And your days are busy, if you want to take advantage of all the events. The nice thing is you can be as busy or not busy as you want to be. Your choice. We did a little of everything from relaxing at the spa and lectures to work-out classes and outdoor challenges. Too many to mention. My favorites: The Equine Experience, Quantum Leap, Yogilates and Thai Massage (w/Peter). All First Rate Experiences! We even saw a couple of Hollywood Stars there! Bonus! The resort was only booked to 65%, so it was very easy to get appointments and sign up for classes last minute. The staff was very polite, friendly and accommodating. Definite First Class Customer Service!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Redaco
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Wow, this is my 5th trip to Miraval in the last 5 years and I've got to say, it has gone downhill substantially. It is so overcrowded! It has always been expensive, which results in a more exclusive atmosphere and upper end clientele. Well not anymore. They've reduced the prices a bit - apparently in search of the volume that is now here. A lot of younger 30s couples. How can they afford the place? I feel like I'm at summer camp. Tons of men everywhere...used to be very few men here. Lots of violations of the no-cell-phone policy and not enough staff to do anything about it.

Several disappointing food experiences, mixed with the exceptional food that it has always been known for. My Mom sent back her steak last night twice b/c undercooked. The night before, two at our table sent back their very salty fish. My meals last two nights were very heavy on the salt. Pretty terrible service too, but coupled with the old great service here and there.

The old feeling of being pampered and special is gone. The spa is PACKED. Nowhere to sit and wait for your name to be called to go get your extremely overpriced massage, etc.

This is a place that has lost its focus and doesn't know who it is anymore. It used to be about healthy living and pampering and spirituality. Now there are several overweight waiters - one pretty umkempt looking and surly. Lunch w/ the exercise physiologist? What a joke. They packed people in so tight at this huge table, you literally were touching the next person, And it was in a dining room so full of people, you could not here what the guy had to say. Ridiculous! I walked out.

No bowls at the buffet for soup - that happened twice and I had to ask the waitress who took forever.

Just general lack of attention to detail. MUCH DIFFERENT than the old pre-Oprah days (since she visited, the place has gotten more and more busy, and less and less special). Probably won't be back. How sad. But I honestly don't think they will care as they seem to now prefer the "sardine" approach.

THE OLD MIRAVAL IS GONE, GONE, GONE!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank LC_in_SD
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Just returned from a 3 nights stay at Miraval, this was our fist visit not only to MIraval but to a resort of its kind. We simply just loved it! At fist we were a bit skeptical and worry as we were not sure if 3 days of spa treatments and reading will be for us, specially my husband that was all worry this was a woman and woman thing. Well I must say in less than 24 hours we were totally happy of having choosed Miraval for our short getaway and amazingly in love with the resort.
Facilities: The decor is very relaxed, charming and cozy but at the same time elegant, there are beautiful pieces of arts through all the property, including some of the furniture.
Our room was a regular one with a small patio with seating for two, decor again, relaxed and elegant, the beds are to die for, (in my opinion the best beds I have ever slept in, and I have tried more than a few), the bathroom has a good size but is nothing out of the extraordinary, a shower with ok water pressure, a separate toilet room and a single sink with nice toilettries and towels. There is a coffe maker in the room, I loved the fact of being able to have my cup of coffe in bed.
Restaurant: Excellent food, more than enough, you order as many plates as you please, about 95% of all I tried was delicious, full of flavor. The soups are to die for and even though there is a la cart from breakfast to dinner, I'm not a buffet person, but I must admit, the choices in the buffet were so delicious that I found my self more than once heading for the buffet rather than ordering. Service was attemptive at all times.
Spa: Wonderfull, huge, excellent locke area, hottub, sauna, steamroom, the treatments rooms were also very nice, I loved the heated bed for the massages and facials, what a nice touch. Specially loved the quiet room where you can relax, read and have a cup of tea with the gorgeuos view of the montains in front of you. (Among the available selection of tea: chocolate and peppermint.... mmm). The technicians were all very professional and seem to be very knowledgeable, I had a hard tissue massage, a Miraval facial, a foot massage, a manicure and an Aloe wrap, all treatments were consistenly excellent.
The Gym: Well equipped with a good choice of classes, though I was kept so "buzy" I did not have the time to work out, even though I was all mentally prepared to make it a fitness getaway.
Activities/Experiences: Thid was for me the wow factore, the diversity of activities offered daily is amazing and I live it just there as you have to go an experience it by yourselp, judt will add that each of them will leave you with a better you.
Well overall it was a very interesting and amazing experience, we came home reenergized and relaxed, only cons our stay was too short so we could not get to do as much as we wish. I strongly recommend this resort, good for couples, good for solo travelers, good for friends, and defenetely very OK for men., my husband ended up loving it and totally agrees with me in my "perfect 10" title to MIraval.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
dallas
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I decided to try something different for my vacation and focus on something beneficial to me and my health. Miraval was this and more. From the time the driver picked me up from the airport to my departure, everything was seamless. I took classes that opened up my eyes and honestly gave me a new perspective. (which was something that I needed). The food was fanastic, the staff was great, and my room was beautiful.

I would highly recommend this to anyone traveling by themselves, in a group, or as a couple.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo