Stayed last summer. Boyfriend wants to go back this summer and I'm not so sure. So as we're thinking about it, I wanted to see what other people thought.
I would have to agree with the others that the front desk staff was not all that great.
The rooms were quite average for what you pay. Not even a bath tub! Lots of bugs too. Especially near the rooms. Bring bug spray.
The meals are very healthy and tasty with "healthy portions" (meaning small) although they did let people who wanted more order more for no extra charge. The cooking seminars were fun too.
I liked the aroma therapy massage. Did not like the facial--only average compared to other facials I've had in my life. Hated the pedicure. I still remember her name, Wendy, she cut me, I bleed and was in pain. She ended up doing a schlocky job with major air bubbles/bumps in the polish and tried to blame it on me, said the reason she cut me and the reason why the job was uneven was because she couldn't get all of my old polish off. I ended up crying, I was so upset! I had to suffer all that and then she did a bad job and when I mentioned it she tried to blame me. Hope she is no longer there. If I go back I definitely won't have a pedicure there! (the asst spa manager offered to comp the service but I said that was not my interest, that I just wanted someone to be aware of what she did to me. In hindsight I should have asked for the comp because she also got her tip which she did not deserve. I never even got an apology letter afterwards-ugh, a very horrible experience! Even a quickie $20 mani/pedi in NYC is a better experience than this one). The zen water therapy looked so cool, would love to try that if I come back. The equine experiance was great as were the hiking guys, two thumbs up to them, Also loved the mountain biking class.
Didn't have too much prob signing up for classes although its less crowded in the summer I imagine.
Also there are healthy snacks and smoothies available all day long.....very yummy and healthy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa