“A vacation the was all about me!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Cheektowaga, New York
“A vacation the was all about me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

What an amazing place to rediscover yourself, surrounding by beauty and natural you can't help but to find the peace within. My days started with meditation, yoga or a hike in the desert. Food was amazing so many options, staff was friendly and very professional. My body treatments and massages were heavenly. Can't wait to take my husband next time.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 100 suites which was close to the spa the pool and the restaurant. My view from my...
1 Thank Stephanie A
MiravalManager, Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Mrs. Shan,
We loved having the opportunity to present you with a vacation that was all about YOU. There is something about Miraval's remarkable desert setting that just lends itself to rediscovery. We will be looking forward to welcoming you and your husband (for his first time!) sometime very soon.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I just returned from my fifth visit to Miraval. Each time I visit the property I return refreshed and with a renewed sense of self. The spa treatments are spectacular (try the Mindful Massage!) but what always strikes me is the way all of the therapists and specialists seem to care about the guests. Even the other guests are really supportive of who you are and the work you're trying to do on yourself. I feel genuinely blessed to have discovered Miraval and for the positive impact the resort has on my psyche each time I visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
Dear Katie,
Thank you for your kind friendship over these past five visits. We do our very best to keep the Miraval Experience an interesting and refreshing one to our returning guests. It is true we have many, many talented providers who are devoted to their craft--we are glad you could feel their passion. . . and we feel honored to have had such a positive impact on your life. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Miraval again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

It's summer in Tucson so being out during the day is not what I want to do. But being at Miraval provides lots of choices. Slept in in the fabulous bed and bedding, undisturbed by the sun; had a smoothie and latte since I slept through breakfast; watched a movie in our room during the heat of the day; ventured out for dinner; then walked the labyrinth at sunset; swam in the salt water pool, and finished up with a dip in the jacuzzi.
All made better by being at Miraval. Have to mention mini chocolate soufflé with peanut butter ice cream --not too big,not too small, just right and oh so tasty.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank 3x5card
Hello Cindy!
Yes, it's true it's warm outside but we do our best to delight our guests who seek the shade or shelter of indoors -- and you describe our efforts perfectly. AND, watching the Catalina Mountains change colors at sunset from the comfort of the pool or Jacuzzi is the perfect way to end a Miraval day. We love having you visit us -- please come again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was my eighth trip to Miraval . This time I intentionally decided to try to figure out just what is the magic that is Miraval? Why do I want to keep coming back to this magical place in the desert any chance I get. Even though it was hard to pick a top reason I did: outstanding staff and service. The staff like working at Miraval. They are friendly, sincere, helpful and clearly like working at Miraval. Tied for second? The Spa services and the food. Not only have I ever had anything but an outstanding service (Manny's massage are exceptional) all of my friends who have visited with me rave about their experiences. And then there's the food. Beautifully presented, outstanding selections and pleasing to the palate. I will never know how the chefs create a dining experience serving what appear to be portions that will leave you wanting more but are totally satisfying.

And one last thought to ponder if you are planning a trip to Miraval. Walk slowly when going from one place to another. The wildlife may just be the hidden magic at Miraval. From the little rabbits to the road runners to the dear and baby swallows, you don't want to miss the critters who call Miraval their home.

Room Tip: If there is ever a room available in the 600 series, go for it. Quiet, great views and outdoor showe...
      Location
      Rooms
Dear Gina,
Thank you for your enduring friendship with us over these many years. We love having you visit!
Being a magical person yourself, Mrs. Green, you do tend to bring out the very best in everyone around you.
We can't wait to have you visit again and again,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was my 3rd time to enjoy Miraval and it was as indulgent as the 1st time! The setting is spectacular and the grounds have mandering water and other treasures to walk and explore. So many offerings give you a chance to test your limits, dig deep inside and remind yourself to breathe! It's a great escape from life's hectic pace!

Room Tip: The room's have the most-luscious bedding!
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear Nancy,
Your words describe the vision of what we want our guests to experience perfectly! Thank you for sharing. When you're ready to escape once more from the hectic pace of life--we'll be here for you. Our beds are indeed luscious and are for sale on our website if you'd like more info on them. Come and visit again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is the perfect Girls Getaway Experience! There is plenty to do from Horse/equine experiences to Meditation; Yoga to Cardio workouts to relaxing Spa treatements. The days just fly by. The food is fantastic and it is Healthy. The Activities include many workshops on dealing with stress in our lives. It is a great place to regain balance and to recommit to a healthier lifestyle. Lots of great, fun workshops.

Room Tip: The rooms in the 600s have an outdoor shower. This is a fully contained destination resort, no need...
2 Thank Laura E
Hello Laura !
We agree that Miraval is the PERFECT place for girlfriends to reconnect as there is so much to do either by yourself or all together. We believe Miraval gives our guests--especially busy women--the wonderful opportunity to press the "re-set" button in life. Thank you for visiting and please come again soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

As a first time visitor to Miraval, I was very impressed! The property and surrounding area is so beautiful and calming. There are amazing views from the spa, pool, and yoga/meditation room of the Catalina mountains. The staff were all extremely service-oriented and friendly. There is a general "feel-good" atmosphere at the resort amongst the guests and we met some lovely people. The food was fantastic! Delicious, plentiful and lots of variety. The activities and instructors were all excellent. I highly recommend a visit to anyone interested in wellness.

I understand reviewers complaints that certain things now come at an extra cost, but as a first time visitor this really did not impact me and with the summer special pricing, I really felt that we received excellent value for what we paid. I had more than enough resort credit for everything I wanted and did not pay any additional fees.

For improvements, I suggest more regular clearing of leaves from the pool throughout the day and a few more night time activities.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
1 Thank aleksawal
Hello!
Thank you so much for travelling all the way from Canada to us! We too enjoy the beautiful views that surround our property. Chef Justin is delighted to know how much you enjoy his and his culinary team's creations. We are always looking to keep our menu of classes and activities as interesting as possible--so glad you enjoyed them. Please come and see us again soon.