“Left Feeling Like A New Person!!!”

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I must say, Miraval is one the truly special places I have been! The food is so fresh, healthy and delicious. If you go to Miraval be sure to ask for Nick Thomas and Rebecca Krug as massage therapists in the spa. Their healing hands and energy made all of the difference in the world for me.

Every little detail is taken care of at Miraval! All you need to do is show up and relax in such a healthy and healing environment.

I recently had foot surgery. Upon arrival, my foot was swollen and very painful. After two extended massages with Nick and one with Rebecca, my swelling around the incision was gone, my hip was back where it needed to be after compensating due to the orthopedic boot! They cared so much and worked so hard! I truly feel like a new person.

The juice bar is spectacular and all fresh as is all of the food in the dining room. Great wine selection! Truly a desert oasis. I will be back soon!

Thank you so much for the experience at a time when I needed the healing energy the most.

Room Tip: Something in the 100's to be close to spa and dining. Room walls are thin. Can hear people in ot...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Traveler_200950

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My best friend and I researched a lot of different properties to take a much needed vacation. We chose this Spa and Resort for several reasons. I cannot say just how amazing and how it surpassed both of our expectations on all levels. The staff was extremely kind and displayed the up most professionalism. The Spa was so beautiful and every service was an escape of its own. I have traveled all over the world visiting destination resorts and Miraval, hands down was a life changing experience..I highly recommend anyone searching for a time to quiet their mind and enjoy wonderful food, atmosphere and non traditional spa services to book now!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room in the 600, wonderful view of the mountains and very private!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed at Miraval recently and had such a wonderful time. Best place to nourish your mind body and spirit. I was surprised how many things they had to offer for all interests. The staff was wonderful and the food is the best! My favorite was the spa they were very accommodating and knowledgeable. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Hcthockeymom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I consider myself a mindful person; I work in specialized healthcare; encourage healthy living and living in the moment. When I arrived at Miraval for my 3 days " retreat"; I received paper and an envelope to write myself a letter at the end of my visit... what my Miraval stay had meant to me, and honestly I did not take it too seriously...I was looking forward to relaxing, great food, and a great spa....but I had no real expectations for life changing moments. I have had a lot of those in my life already...
However, I have to say that my experience at Miraval did change my life. It was a combination of several things; my loves...amazing yoga and fitness classes; that are somehow still about being in the moment; really in the moment. My first Qi Gong class...ahhaaaaa. And of course amazing beauty in the desert. I did three spa treatments; I have never felt so pampered. I also did a private session of tibetan bowl sound therapy and healing. I cannot express the amazing experience of being rested and "in the moment" to experience self awareness and healing.
I left there feeling like a new woman; but also wondering " can I maintain this new me?" ...3 months later; the answer is yes...it was that profound an experience...it has changed my sense of self; my relationships both personal and occupational. I WILL return!

Room Tip: The rooms are amazing; exquisite amenities, quiet of course, etc...the bed was so wonderful....I act...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ahhhaaa M
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have had wonderful times at Miraval and I look forward to going back. The mix of space to relax with simple pleasures mixed with the beckoning challenges of new experiences is so restorative. The desert floor and mountain views are brilliant. The beds, the food are perfect.
I also really loved it that the staff has the opportunity to try the various services. I am not so comfortable being treated like royalty, which I was. But the shared experience made it comfortable. Thinking of comfortable, the mix of young and svelte with older and less than svelte is also very pleasant.
I left relaxed and inspired to take better care of myself. I am a big fan of Alysa in yoga.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I consider myself lucky to have visited Miraval twice in life, most recently to help one of my dearest friends celebrate her bachelorette weekend. The staff were very helpful in making our weekend a very relaxing, memorable stay. They helped coordinate everything from welcome bags to catered events each night - always with a warm and friendly smile. The rooms were simply stunning and the beds made a perfect nest for my (at the time) 34 week pregnant body. Speaking of pregnant body, it was during my stay that my darling daughter decided to turn from the breech position. The staff at Miraval helped make this painful, scary situation more bearable and even offered to escort me to and from the hospital. I will take every opportunity to return to this amazing resort and urge all of my friends to do the same!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last four years and enjoyed every minute- the luxurious and spacious rooms, the food, the spa, the classes and experiences ... and did I mention the food? For someone who runs 100 mph all the time, Miraval is the perfect place to check out and let the environment take care of you.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends