Everything at Miraval is about finding balance in life — physical, spiritual, emotional. The setting is, without a doubt, gorgeous and peaceful. Serene and private. The specialists are inspiring and enlightening. And the spa treatments are top notch.
This was my second trip. The first time I was with a friend, and we both had revelatory experiences in various sessions and the Equine Experience. I learned so much about myself — and about my friendship. There were so many insights I can't even begin to tell you about them, and they were truly life changing.
This time I was on my own, and I felt completely comfortable that way, too. My specialists in the spa were amazing and quite knowledgeable. Very personable but not overly talkative. They gave me good recommendations for other services that were perfect for me. I tried three different types of massage (the thai massage was my favorite but also loved the shamana karma). I attended one of Anne Parker's sessions on grief and definitely had several light bulb moments. I wandered the grounds, sat by the pool, went to a meditation session, sat on my patio and breathed in the quiet. It was a short stay (only two nights) and I hated to leave. This was my first time to be in the new spa facility, and I loved everything about the setup.
I think the greatest things about Miraval are the intangibles. It's about the way all the elements add up, and how the whole experience transforms your thinking and feeds your spirit. It's hard to put that in a review because it's so abstract and so internal... but so good. If you haven't been, I don't know how to express how amazing it all is. Go with an open mind, an open heart, and try new experiences. Meditate, or learn in a session, or try one of the adventures/challenges. There's something to discover in each and every experience, and each person's experience will be as personal as each person is different.
I see some other reviews talking about really bad customer service, but I assure you, I didn't have the same experience, and it really surprises me to hear those things. I was impressed with the experts and the therapists but also with the woman who initially registered me, the shuttle driver, the man who delivered my luggage, the one who scheduled additional services for me, the women working throughout the spa, and my servers at meals. I hold this place in the highest regard and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I'll definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa